Top Gear

Jez

The 8C has been knocking about as a concept for years, I'm amazed they finally made.

And yes, it is an utterly stunning car.

8c11.jpg

the only blemish is the vent on the wing. Looks like a last minute tack on job.

Anyone see last nights programme?

Gotta be honest and say I thought it was the worst of the season so far and probably the worst of a few series. Totally boring. It really felt as though they'd run out of ideas.

Gotta be honest and say I thought it was the worst of the season so far and probably the worst of a few series. Totally boring. It really felt as though they'd run out of ideas.

I agree. I think Top Gear is losing its appeal TBH. Everything just seems so scripted and planned. The bit when they do the news can be cringeworthy and the challenges are just repetitive and boring now. Even last weeks one where they raced across Japan looked really planned. Jeremy takes a big lead and then "accidentally" knocks off the sat nav to allow the other's to catch up.

of course it's planned .. The sat Nav was 100% irrelevant seeing as Clarkson doesn't speak Japanese , he was probably following another car that knew the way and I doubt the wrong train scene was 100% natural ... during the hunt scene you could see the tyre marks in front of him where they had probably had to do re-shoots or were driving round and round the same field for the whole chase

So of course it's fake , but that's part of it's appeal ..don't you remember them laughing when they won "best unscripted show" at some TV show

that said , I find it entertaining and it's probably the only show i watch on TV now the Apprentice has finished

I'd imagine it 95% scripted, its too funny not to be.

And the predictabitlity (sp) of it makes it even better, I was waiting for Clarkson to open his Merc door onto that Rolls.

Gutted.

I was waiting for Clarkson to open his Merc door onto that Rolls.

So was I :) But they were too good to do that with I s'pose. They did cost £25k after all and they did both own the cars for real. That 600 was gorgeous.

of course it's planned .. The sat Nav was 100% irrelevant seeing as Clarkson doesn't speak Japanese , he was probably following another car that knew the way and I doubt the wrong train scene was 100% natural ... during the hunt scene you could see the tyre marks in front of him where they had probably had to do re-shoots or were driving round and round the same field for the whole chase

So of course it's fake , but that's part of it's appeal ..don't you remember them laughing when they won "best unscripted show" at some TV show

that said , I find it entertaining and it's probably the only show i watch on TV now the Apprentice has finished

I agree with everything in the above post :D

that said , I find it entertaining and it's probably the only show i watch on TV now that LOST has finished

Modified for my own tastes :P

I think I got more genuine laughs out of that episode than any other. Brummie naming a car, the whole last section (especially James creating a gravel trap, just perfect for a small laugh there). Great ep. And Sabine is strangely alluring, and I feel slightly dirty for saying that for some reason.

And Sabine is strangely alluring, and I feel slightly dirty for saying that for some reason.

Why? I think she's hot (and she could drive back from the pub)

And Sabine is strangely alluring, and I feel slightly dirty for saying that for some reason.

She is sex on a stick mate. You just know she would be as dirty as ****.