Top Gear

Jez

one of the forums i looked at once had a "in the know" who said who the stig was and he also said that in March / April all would be revealed ..are they working up to a campaign type thing to reveal the stig ..was this ITK really ITK or just lucky

trouble is i forgot who he said it was ..don't think it was Ben that he mentioned though , i could have sworn he said it was Johnny herbert but I'd have to check

This is the first glimpse of the man behind The Stig's trademark white crash helmet. The Stig's identity has been a closely guarded secret, and only a few Top Gear insiders know the 'tame racing driver's' real identity.

This sensational photograph was taken in London yesterday and gives a clear view of his eyes through his crash helmet's black visor, but has left experts mystified as to his true identity.

Many skilled racing drivers, past and present, have been mentioned in connection to The Stig, including current F1 star Lewis Hamilton.

Ex-F1 driver Perry McCarthy exposed himself as the original Stig after two seasons on the hit BBC2 show, and revealed to Auto Trader in 2006 that “There’s a few of them [stigs], I think…”

A spokeswoman for the BBC refused to comment on the new photos.

Clicky!

stig_unmasked_448x300_1.jpg

stig_unmasked_448x300_2.jpg

One red eye? He's obviously a cyborg.

• 2 months later...

As for the identity of the stig, those pictures of his eyes have been floating around the internet for some time. If I recall he is a test driver for Ascari, hence why their car was fastest round the top gear track. He must of driven it for hours and hours on end whislt in development.

• 3 weeks later...
ABU DHABI - Psst, buddy, can you spare me a sports car? Yes, evidently, three of them. This weekend Top Gear, the UK-based car magazine, which is in the country for a photo shoot, sent out an urgent request for an unusual car, the million-dollar Bugatti Veyron.

It was hoping for one. Instead, it was offered three of the vehicles, which cost more than Dhs 4.4 million (USD $1.2m) each. “No other place in the world could we have found three Bugattis in a span of 48 hours,” said a relieved Charlie Turner, the creative director for the magazine.

bugatti2-d5.jpg

The cars were tracked down by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority and belong to local owners who wish to remain anonymous. Built by Volkswagen, the 1,000-horsepower vehicle can reach 255 MPH (407 KPH). One car in the shoot, a gleaming aluminium-bodied model, is one of only five in the world.

bugatti-0e.jpg

The Corniche area and Jabel Hafeet were briefly closed off for the shoot, which featured the Stig, Top Gear’s mysterious, overall-clad driver. Top Gear, paired with a BBC television show of the same name, sells more than a million copies a month.

bugatti1-99.jpg

Well here we are folks in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Top Gear UK’s favorite and definitely my favorite TV show and magazine is filming with THREE Bugatti Veyrons. The BBC show’s crew was jaw droppingly surprised to find all 3 loaner Bugatti Veyrons. The team racecar driver THE STIG was also there. All the Veyrons were heading to the Marina Mall in downtown Abu Dhabi. Transport Officers had to close several roads for the photoshoot.

Oh almost forgot, part of the shoot was on top of the Jabel Hafeet mountains, and the amazing roads leading upto and through it. Boy, would this be a helluva fun joyride!

06%20jebel%20hafeet%20mountain%20road%201.jpg

Lastly, there is also a rumor going around that there was a Koenigsegg CCX spotted during the photoshoot. So will they do some sort of a race with THE STIG, involving the 3 Veryons & the CCX?? Anybody’s guess but I defnitely cannot wait for the 11th season of this show to get started here shortly this summer. :D Oh and I really hope they get something with the US version up and going, too bad Jay Leno refused to host it.

3 Veyrons!

Why are people obsessed on who the Stig is? Finding out will be as disappointing as finding out who shot Mr Burns!

The Stig is a character. The actor that plays him is irrelevant to me. It's been revealed in the past that it's a number of people anyway..

Do you care about who is in the Darth Vador outfit? No. (Although that's actually quite funny because the person that did play Darth Vador didn't know the voice was being supplied by someone else until the Premier of the film, with all his friends and family there to see, and hear, him in the role)

Looking forward to the new series though :D

• 5 weeks later...

It's back tonight fellas, looks a good'n.

The very latest Top Gear news and views from the usual team. Jeremy, Richard and James apply their minds to the question of what the British police should drive. At the moment Bobbies are forced to drive around in diesel hatchbacks, gingerly shuffling the steering wheel and letting criminals get away rather than risk scuffing their wheel trims. So, armed with no more than 1000 pounds each, the Top Gear boys set out to buy a bargain priced police cruiser that can take part in a dramatic chase without fear of costing the tax payer a packet if it gets broken. Meanwhile, James introduces a new member of the Top Gear team and steps aside so they can immediately make their mark on the show with a remarkable feat of daring. And as if that wasn't enough, Jeremy tears up the Top Gear track in the new Ferrari 430 Scuderia, the car that aims to put some passion back into the Italian supercar maker's increasingly nerdy and computerised stable. Plus, there's a break from the norm as the Reasonably Priced Car welcomes a pair of stars in the contrasting shapes of the Friday Night Project's Alan Carr and Justin Lee Collins. All this, and some sound advice about how to deal with rising petrol prices. Top Gear is longer, stronger, faster, better and probably a bit more on fire than ever before.

New member of the team?

The thing they had on the TV that Jeremy said he found on the internet, but they didnt show a close up on TV. Am i alone in thinking it was tubgirl?

The thing they had on the TV that Jeremy said he found on the internet, but they didnt show a close up on TV. Am i alone in thinking it was tubgirl?

:puke: