Top Gear

Jez

Ben Collins is over 6 feet tall ... I don't think The Stig is as tall as that ??

homepage_hamilton.jpg

It's not always the same person.

When he was travelling on the tube there would be no reason to pay a racing driver to do that. Just get a cheap actor in.

He did a ski jump using a snow mobile in one episode. Apparently it was a professional snow mobile driver.

I think they cant always have an in house high performance driver on the pay roll over the seven seasons so they just use a few different drivers depending on who they can get at the time.

It would seem likely that Ben Collins has helped them out playing the role at some point in the shows history. If he moves on to NASCAR next year other drivers will continue playing the charater, no problems.

I think the fact that it has been able to be a secret for this long is because there is no single answer as to who is the driver.

I'm not saying the stig has never been ben collins, but i think the consensus that the stig is different depending on which car they are driving makes a lot of sense.

Maybe I'm just in denial because I like the mystery surrounding his identity?!

• 2 weeks later...

was they taking the piss tonight? what an awful episode to end the series, one of worst episodes of top gear i ever seen. surely they could have come up with something better than blowing up a ghee-whiz.

are both serious? it seemed like the took all the deleted scenes from the series and threw them into one episode, top gear usually has be crying with laughter, tonight it just seemed like they winged the whole episode.

are both serious? it seemed like the took all the deleted scenes from the series and threw them into one episode, top gear usually has be crying with laughter, tonight it just seemed like they winged the whole episode.

It sounds like you expect every show to outdo the last one or something? They dont have to drive a Skoda down the Grand Canyon or race a Space Shuttle to the moon and back in the new Ascari A10 for me to give it my seal of approval.

I just like Top Gear for what it is. I liked it when it was 30 minutes long on a Thursday night with Tiff Needell and Quentin Willson presenting it. I liked it when they relaunched it and that big fat guy was the third presenter instead of James May. I liked it last night.

I missed it :angry:

Its repeated Xmas day, or the torrent should be up on finalgear.com at some point today (it may already be there now, i cant be arsed to check!)

was they taking the piss tonight? what an awful episode to end the series, one of worst episodes of top gear i ever seen. surely they could have come up with something better than blowing up a ghee-whiz.

Sorry, just the shot of The Stig's girlfriend at the pool in a bikini, racing helmet, and racing gloves makes it an instant classic.

The latest episode is on the BBC website for 3 more days.

www.tvcatchup.com if you have missed any others, or miss the 3day deadline.

I have to say I enjoyed it but hope the next season is more down to earth, its a funny show, but I am not sure how much is show and how much is motoring journalism.

Can't wait for next season though, and presumably, the one after that!!

I have to say I enjoyed it but hope the next season is more down to earth, its a funny show, but I am not sure how much is show and how much is motoring journalism.

Motoring journalism is overrated!! Autoweek vs. Top Gear, I choose Top Gear 8 days a week!!

• 1 month later...