Top Gear

Jez

Only just seen Sunday's episode on Sky +

Not very happy with them as they told a bare faced lie about Land Rover!

what was the lie?

They showed a picture of "thousands of unsold Land Rovers"

The picture they showed was Land Rover's gaydon site which is used as a distribution centre and so in fact, it's completely the opposite. Those cars were there BECAUSE they were sold.

And Jaguar Land Rover only make cars to order anyway (on the majority of occasions) so they would never end up with these fields of unsold vehicles.

Yeh Ithought that too.

Never let truth get in the way tho ay?

So, anyone bidding on this......Stiggy

Finally get to see the Mighty Bugatti Veyron put round the track by the stig tonight, fairly sure it'll top the power lap board. It's one awesome machine. How come it's not been done before? would have thought Bugatti would have love the acclaim of topping that board.

I don't think it'll top it actually, I seem to remember that it's not all that great in the handling stakes and the test track is mainly a handling course. It'll be quick though.

I don't they'd particularly care about how fast it goes round a track for a TV show to be honest, it's not that prestigious at all and it's not like they need the attention either.

Well, they're a rare car and it costs them £5m to make them, if it crashes that's a huge loss. Ferrari didsn't let them have an Enzo, they had to borrow pink floyds drummer's one when they put that round the track.

Noticed how they are moving the totty to be nearer the front of the audience with every passing week?

First noticed that when they got that girl out of the audience to try out the vibrating seat pad thing. Now just glance behind them and there's always a fairly attractive woman just above their shoulders.

Yeah, I was thinking watching tonight that there were a lot of women there. No doubt there weren't actually, just the hot ones (though they didn't seem that attractive) were shoved into view.

last nights show was boring they seem to be killing minutes with boring junk now

Really? I thought last nights was one of the best episodes for ages!

Now that the Bugatti has failed, as has the new Zonda, can you see any car knocking the Gumbert (crap name isnt it?) off the top of the board?

I thought last nights challenge was brilliant. If Jeremy's journey was actually true then that's truely sensational. Sadly, I've become more and more scepticle of Top Gear. I know it's an entertainment show and entertainment value is much better than fact, but I've really start to doubt how true alot of the things they say or do are recently.

last nights show was boring they seem to be killing minutes with boring junk now

Really? I thought last nights was one of the best episodes for ages!

Now that the Bugatti has failed, as has the new Zonda, can you see any car knocking the Gumbert (crap name isnt it?) off the top of the board?

I thought last nights challenge was brilliant. If Jeremy's journey was actually true then that's truely sensational. Sadly, I've become more and more scepticle of Top Gear. I know it's an entertainment show and entertainment value is much better than fact, but I've really start to doubt how true alot of the things they say or do are recently.

I lost a bit of faith with Top Gear last night with the journey to Blackpool. Jeremy would have been well aware that Jaguar drove the XJ 1000 miles on a single tank a while back so all that crap about going the long way cos it was close to his house and how he knew it wouldn't do it blah blah blah was all acting purely for entertainment.

One thing it did highlight though was how rubbish the trip computer is in it, it was showing 0 miles left about 50 miles from Blackpool and then still had about 120 miles left.

Jeremy would have been well aware that Jaguar drove the XJ 1000 miles on a single tank a while back so all that crap about going the long way cos it was close to his house and how he knew it wouldn't do it blah blah blah was all acting purely for entertainment.

I don't mind that. If it actually did it, then he can act all he wants. What I really hope is that they didn't run out of petrol a few miles before the end and then filled it back up to make the plot work.

Fine balance between documentary and entertaining story. For instance I know that there's no way they actually raced to turn those lights on. They probably did the race days before and then just filmed the end bit as arriving in Blackpool, but it wouldn't be as entertaining if it was just an ordinary race to Blackpool.

They probably did the race days before and then just filmed the end bit as arriving in Blackpool, but it wouldn't be as entertaining if it was just an ordinary race to Blackpool.

Of course they did, how did they film it otherwise?

Its how all the races are done.

Anyone see Hammonds doc on Evel Knieval last night? Granted, it was over a year ago that it was made but that Knieval bloke, although a hero of mine growing up, he sure had an attitude on him! A right narky fecker. Good watch though.