Top Gear

Jez

just watched it on iplayer

some great stuff ..loved the dog driving but the whole lorry driving sketch was great value .. change gear , murder a prostitute , change gear

sure it's scripted but so is Eastenders and i' never see anything to laugh about in that show

anyway , seems the yoghurt knitters are out again

are we going to have another witch hunt in the media ?

Jeremy Clarkson has sparked fresh BBC controversy by joking about murdering prostitutes.

The Top Gear presenter, 48, made the quip about lorry drivers killing sex workers on Sunday night's BBC2 show.

As he completed a lorry-driving task, he said: "This is a hard job and I'm not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers, it's a hard job.

"Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

His comments come after serial killer Steve Wright was convicted in February of murdering five prostitutes in Ipswich.

Wright was a former lorry driver, as well as pub landlord and forklift truck driver.

Clarkson's joke, made before the watershed, sparked 188 complaints to the BBC, out of what the corporation said was seven million viewers.

Maybe people on the BBC should think a bit more before saying some of the things they keep coming out with.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "The vast majority of Top Gear viewers have clear expectations of Jeremy Clarkson's long-established and frequently provocative on-screen persona.

"This particular reference was used to comically exaggerate and make ridiculous an unfair urban myth about the world of lorry driving, and was not intended to cause offence."

Broadcasting watchdog Ofcom said it had also been contacted by viewers angry at the remarks.

The Iceni Project, a charity which had helped some of the murdered prostitutes in Ipswich, criticised Clarkson.

The group's director Brian Tobin said: "I just think it was highly distasteful and insensitive.

"It is around the time of the anniversary of the girls' (Ipswich prostitutes) deaths and it's a very delicate time. I saw it on Top Gear. It made me cringe."

source:Skynews

jesus christ miserable fools. People are going to be on the lookout of rhte slightest possible comment and exaggerate it into a big deal now aren't they? MON 24 hour gardening programmes! :s

However as I write that, I spy the source is Skynews and as such I have a feeling it's not that much of an issue, Murdoch being a hypocritical spacktard, and having a go I guess.

They should make a law that if you complain about TV content you should be named and shamed with all contact details available. Why don't these people just turn off ffs, it's innevitable that TV will offend them as they make up 0.0001 % of the population. Just make the Daily Mail a bit longer and they won't have the time to watch TV.

They should make a law that if you complain about TV content you should be named and shamed with all contact details available. Why don't these people just turn off ffs, it's innevitable that TV will offend them as they make up 0.0001 % of the population. Just make the Daily Mail a bit longer and they won't have the time to watch TV.

:nod:

Well Said! :clap:

My mother believes everything she reads in the Daily Mail, so much so, that when I tell her something she dismisses it, I then go on to say "If it was in the Daily Mail you'd believe it", she reluctantly agrees with me.

just watched it on iplayer

some great stuff ..loved the dog driving but the whole lorry driving sketch was great value .. change gear , murder a prostitute , change gear

sure it's scripted but so is Eastenders and i' never see anything to laugh about in that show

I don't know. To me the older series' were far better. New ones seem a little too much like a comedy show than what it used to be; A car programme with theodd bit of comedy.

Haven't bothered watching many episodes of the past series. Lost interest.

Another good show last night .. Cpt Slow becomign a speed freak !! liked the subtle reference to the salt plains being caused by global warming 15000 years ago ..subtle dig at the tree huggers

Loved his Apology bit :-)

still the best show on TV

Another good show last night .. Cpt Slow becomign a speed freak !! liked the subtle reference to the salt plains being caused by global warming 15000 years ago ..subtle dig at the tree huggers

Loved his Apology bit :-)

still the best show on TV

Shame the coppers in the US didn't give him a fine though Why does he think that he can ignore road laws?

Thought it was a poor episode to be honest Tony - the feature film was boring