Top Gear

Jez

That was bloody fantastic television.

You can't watch much TV then

I probably don't watch as much as the average as there is such a high volume of shit on the box. But I do like Top Gear and I thought that was probably one of their best non-specials and as such, bloody fantastic television.

I really enjoyed last night's episode (I didn't watch it until about 2am after some whiskey however....). The only thing I didn't enjoy was Clarkson's brown nosing of Cruise. It was like Cameron Diaz wasn't there.

The Senna bit was great!

Did you get the email about the XKR content Stevo? :lol:

Haha yeh I did! If I'd have tuned in purely to see the XKR I'd have been pretty disappointed. You could barely make it out amongst all the smoke!

He is a car nut too (pun intended). He was on the local news in London on Thursday night at the premiere of Knight and Day and the BBC reporter grabbed him to talk about the film and stuff. He decided to talk about spending the day at Top Gear instead. It seemed like he had been wanting to go on the show for ages by the way he was talking. :lol:

I enjoyed last nights one but for me it was split pretty much down middle between good segments and pretty weak ones. The Touareg bit was pretty weak. The news skit wasn't the best. Veyron bit was pretty damn good. Star in Reasonably Priced Car is almost universally fairly shit with a couple of decent ones, but this weaks was pathetic. The fawning was cringeworthy, the sheer fakeness of Cruis and Diaz was vomit worthy, eurgh. And the Senna bit was great.

Last weeks was better imo, even just for the motorhome skits. The sight of the Citreon tower block swaying had me in stitches, Clarkson's cries just made it funnier. And Mays laughing hysterically while behind him, brilliant.

Awful lastnight, really annoying how Clarkson licked Cruise's arse, and no way could you be on 2 wheels and get that time! The Hammond thing made against the snow mobile machines thingy was a crock of shit and made no sense to TG in general.

The only 2 decent parts was the new Veyron and Senna (RIP).

It amuses me how people are badmouthing Cruise's time.

They've only JUST started using the KIA. The best time is going to be beaten a lot until there's loads of names on the board. Fair enough if tghey'd been using the KIA for 2 years and then he came on and spanked it by a second you could have your doubts.

Why would they fix it? They didn't fix it for Mark Wahlberg and he's a Hollywood star.

They've only JUST started using the KIA. The best time is going to be beaten a lot until there's loads of names on the board. Fair enough if tghey'd been using the KIA for 2 years and then he came on and spanked it by a second you could have your doubts.

Why would they fix it? They didn't fix it for Mark Wahlberg and he's a Hollywood star.

This is exactly what I said to my Wife. Also if they were going to fix it, they would not break the record by over a second.

I hate the 'race' segments they do. It's just boring because you know that it's always going to be a photo finish and extremely set up.

Hammond's hair is shit as well, he makes James May look like David Beckham.

And is it just me or is Cameron Diaz's face getting wider and wider as the years go by?

A lot of people dont realise that the lap is made up of several of the practice laps as they don't have enough cameras to cover the entire course!!

A lot of people dont realise that the lap is made up of several of the practice laps as they don't have enough cameras to cover the entire course!!

The footage maybe. But the time surely has to be their best timed lap. And I find it a little hard to believe that a Top Gear that sploofs money on all sorts of trips here there and everywhere can't afford a few extra cameras (yes I know TV cameras cost a pretty penny). I just don't think they'd scrimp on something so fundamental.