Top Gear

Jez

Clarkson is still shit

he is a bit of a tit yes, although the sort of person i could also imagine enjoying several beers with.

I don't share many of his values though.

but then again i'm a lefty environmentalist in outlook, so i doubt he'd even countenance a beer with me, the petrol head fecker.

Dying a death now Top Gear, very tired and predictable.

Nonsense, it's one of the freshest most genuinely entertaining programmes on TV. Even my wife loves it, and she's not bothered about cars at all.

Its turning into a piss poor sitcom, with very predictable oh they will crash into May and half a dozen tired done a thousand times before jokes.

Then throw in a sports car that nobody can afford review and we're away.

Repete for whole series.

It was good for the first few series, now any episode today could have been one from the first series since they changed the format.

It's not incredibly original any more, it's true, the format is pretty predictable, but it's still one of the best shows on British TV, simply because it isn't clearings in the woods dancing, or clearings in the woods singing, or clearings in the woods buying a house, or selling a house, or doing up a house to sell it for more than they bought it for, or clearings in the woods cooking a meal for people in their newly bought house.

By simply not being aimed at women, it's good for a few million viewers.

Dying a death now Top Gear, very tired and predictable.

Nonsense, it's one of the freshest most genuinely entertaining programmes on TV. Even my wife loves it, and she's not bothered about cars at all.

Its turning into a piss poor sitcom, with very predictable oh they will crash into May and half a dozen tired done a thousand times before jokes.

Then throw in a sports car that nobody can afford review and we're away.

Repete for whole series.

It was good for the first few series, now any episode today could have been one from the first series since they changed the format.

The News at Ten eh, it's just some boring bloke in a suit saying what's happened around the world! Match of the Day, it's just highlights of bloody football matches!

It's not incredibly original any more, it's true, the format is pretty predictable, but it's still one of the best shows on British TV, simply because it isn't clearings in the woods dancing, or clearings in the woods singing, or clearings in the woods buying a house, or selling a house, or doing up a house to sell it for more than they bought it for, or clearings in the woods cooking a meal for people in their newly bought house.

By simply not being aimed at women, it's good for a few million viewers.

Bang!

so true - it's just a brainless harmless bit of entertainment not aimed at the same old antiques / houses / food format

it ain't great, it's formulaic, but it is a little bit of fun

How important is originality anyway ? As humans progress then it becomes harder to do something that hasn't been done before. This applies to the music and film industry and a lot of other things too. It is one of the reasons why I don't understand why Oasis get slagged for being repetitive Beatles clones. So what ? They found something they were good at and stuck to it. It's not the worst thing in the world .

just finished watching it on I-player

enjoyed it , yeah it's silly school boy stuff at times but that's the appeal

Will Young will be gutted to know he's been dumped for Amy Williams though

the usual funny sketches and moments and a nice hottie in the flowery top and shorts right near the end ... bonus

The News at Ten eh, it's just some boring bloke in a suit saying what's happened around the world! Match of the Day, it's just highlights of bloody football matches!

:lol:

Both have more varying things than Top Gear.

it isn't clearings in the woods dancing, or clearings in the woods singing, or clearings in the woods buying a house, or selling a house, or doing up a house to sell it for more than they bought it for, or clearings in the woods cooking a meal for people in their newly bought house.

True.

It's clearings in the woods driving cars ....

Its a programme that is looking very tired and predictable now. Clarkson tries to be a cock and succeeds, the "features" are 6th form school revue type. Maybe they should stick the "specials" like the Vietnam or the African ones

Its a programme that is looking very tired and predictable now. Clarkson tries to be a cock and succeeds, the "features" are 6th form school revue type. Maybe they should stick the "specials" like the Vietnam or the African ones

Spot on, needs a re-vamp. I will always watch it I suppose as a lot of people but it needs something else, not sure what though.

Maybe something on technology, how engines are designed or how F1 use wind tunnels or similar as the cocking about gets on my nerves after a while. Obviously this would not be a laugh a minute but I would like it anyway or enter a Top Gear team into the touring cars or something and have a regular 15 minute slot.

The challenges are just bolox now, like last nights. I did not care who won or the fact they were in Germany, I don't care who's car would pass a MOT and everyone has done 150 + on the autbahn so big wows to that, I just want to see them race them around Brands Hatch, until the cars die.

What i think would be great would be if they did one of these challenges, but ACTUALLY did it. Like just said "Look, normally it's all a bit scripted. but this time we are genuinely doing the following challenge..." and just do it. Do the points properly etc so there's a proper winner.

• 3 weeks later...

Aye, tonights show seemed to pass by in about ten minutes. A great episode. Loved the bit on Senna. I was 15 when he died and I can still remember exactly where I was when I heard the news, he did have that kind of an effect on people.