Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

5 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

Ross cutting a bit of a Rooney figure at the moment

Suspect he would have scored if Kodjia passed on to him in the box. Also put Grealish through for the penalty so hasn't been totally anonymous

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Big test for Bruce now, can he affect the players with his team talk and win the game. 

erm, hello...he's been there 2 days !!!

if you are 2 days in to a new job you may be able to see whats good and whats bad...but you wont necessarily be able to fix it

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I see it the other way round. I think tishbola has been our best player. Jedinaks been shite, why the hell we paid 4 m for him I will never know. What a bad signing he has been. Would like to see how bacuna and Tish do in cm

Yeah but Jedinak is doing his job. They have rarely got in behind. He's protecting our midfield. We need Tshibola to drive forward as he's more capable than Jedinak. He hasn't.

The worst thing is its another opposition who are not playing that well and are there for the taking, but yet again our lack of killer instinct is holding us back. And yet again a team doesn't have to work hard for a goal against us. 

We are a soft touch.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Only mistake Bruce has made with line up is lb and rb

amavi should be left back and bacuna a rb

We're not bossing the play at all when we really should be. I think we need a midfield 5 with McCormack dropping to the bench in place of someone else. McCormack floats around too much, it's like playing with 10 men at times. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Some are far too critical on here!?!?

i think we've been positive and tried to take the game to them!!!

Bruce hasn't even had 5 training sessions with his players and people are expecting an instant change!!!

i think we've looked to go forward at every opportunity, Kodjia passes to McCormack and we go in 2-1!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

if you are 2 days in to a new job you may be able to see whats good and whats bad...but you wont necessarily be able to fix it

I realise that but one sign of a good manager is being able to change things with their half time team talk, whether that's a tweak to the tactics or sending them back out with a rocket up their backsides. I want to see a response. 

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

When I've been in a job for 2 days I would have spent most of my time assessing the group to see who's a bellend and which birds will make it on my "laminated list". Not surprised he's had no chance to make an impact just yet.

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I realise that but one sign of a good manager is being able to change things with their half time team talk, whether that's a tweak to the tactics or sending them back out with a rocket up their backsides. I want to see a response. 

It's only the last 2 games Conte has sorted Chelsea out having spent weeks working out how to best utilise his players.

Bruce has had 2 days with the players, a good manager can change things once he knows his squad......you can't believe Bruce knows his squad after a couple of days???

I would imagine Bruce would be happy not to lose today