The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Most teams in the Championship would bite your arm off for McCormack, Grealish and Gestede.

You have just named 3 of our most ineffectual players. Even Grealish is performing well below what you'd hope at this level. I wouldn't be at all bothered if any of those left. (Although I'd give Jack another year.)

6 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Even Grealish is performing well below what you'd hope at this level. 

What? Performing well below?

That's so OTT.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What? Performing well below?

That's so OTT.

Given the way some people on this forum talk about him he is producing nowhere near enough. I think that for a lad with the talent he has, his contribution thus far has been well below what we would have expected in the 2nd division.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm more worried about losing the playoffs than the possibility of getting there to be honest.

Thats like saying i dont want us to get to a cup final in case we lose it.

Just try and enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Not for me, never felt comfortable with cleverly, flatters to deceive.

:) Was thinking more towards Huddlestone.

Not that I'd think he'd be a good enough signing

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Just now, sne said:

:) Was thinking more towards Huddlestone

Just now, sne said:

:) Was thinking more towards Huddlestone

Yea, as Daryl hall would say " I can go for that".......well nearly right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Thats like saying i dont want us to get to a cup final in case we lose it.

Just try and enjoy the ride!

I was more trying to allude to the fact that the playoff spots are quite easily achievable from where we currently are (Well "easy" might be a stretch)

Re the cup i'd actually rather we got knocked out to concentrate on Promotion. Spurs prob wont give us a say in that anyway.

It would be devastating to get knocked out in the play offs, final or semi. But it would be pure euphoria to win and go up. That's football, it's why we get so emotionally attached. All we can do is hope for the best and enjoy the good times when they come.

• Like 2

On 03/12/2016 at 20:23, One For The Road said:

Now do you see why I thought your suggestion that we could go unbeaten for 25 games was ridiculous? We didn't get past the first one! We are a work in progress. We will lose more games too unfortunately. We will win a lot more too, but the over confidence was just crazy.

On to the next game now, and a solid victory over a poor Wigan side would put us back in the mix. Just please don't suggest we are going to go and win the league if we beat them. ;)

You're putting words into my mouth matey, I at no point said we'd go unbeaten. I'm not at all surprised Leeds beat us the weekend as they're a decent team, are you going to suggest we didn't lose to them because I've said that?! After the Lord Mayors show comes to mind.

Edited by Hoof hearted
Grammar.

15 hours ago, One For The Road said:

You have just named 3 of our most ineffectual players. Even Grealish is performing well below what you'd hope at this level. I wouldn't be at all bothered if any of those left. (Although I'd give Jack another year.)

I was not commenting on their effectiveness, only suggesting that many other teams would jump at the chance to have them, no matter how we may feel about their performances.

8 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

You're putting words into my mouth matey, I at no point said we'd go unbeaten. I'm not at all surprised Leeds beat us the weekend as they're a decent team, are you going to suggest we didn't lose to them because I've said that?! After the Lord Mayors show comes to mind.

Huh?

You said you wouldn't be surprised if wee went the rest of the season unbeaten. I said I thought that was crazy talk, BEFORE we lost to Leeds.

On 12/5/2016 at 18:59, One For The Road said:

Given the way some people on this forum talk about him he is producing nowhere near enough. I think that for a lad with the talent he has, his contribution thus far has been well below what we would have expected in the 2nd division.

I think we all look for different things from players hence our different views.

On 05/12/2016 at 18:59, One For The Road said:

The way in which people talk about a player on this forum is in no way representative of their true level. Not even close. 

StevieB can decide how much he plays, but in my opinion, Grealish is first name on the team sheet.

(But what do I know, I just post nonsense on a forum!)