January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Just now, villaglint said:

I know I'm getting wrapped up in the crazy fun of the transfer window and they'll all be dreadful when they pull on a Villa shirt but indulge me for a day.

Will we actually have movement upfront and a midfield capable of picking a pass? 

I'm dizzy too. Amavi and Adomah to whip crosses in, forward passes and goals from midfield, Kodjia partnered by a goal scoring young striker, a RB that can pass a ball, I could go on all day...

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Looking at the obligatory youtube clips what I like about Hogan is he is two-footed. Comfortable on the ball with both feet and is a bit of a poacher, something we've lacked for a good while now.

I watched a video of his 14 goals for Brentford this season and I think everyone of them was in the box and most only a few yards out. I can’t remember the last genuine goal poacher we had who had that knack of being in the right place at the right time. McCormack came with an excellent record but a lot of his goals were from a decent way out and a number of them free kicks.

He could hopefully be a perfect fit for us and complete the attacking jigsaw. He is certainly what we are missing when you look at our other forward options.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Not if we only play one up front.

True. But I'm old school and like the idea of options and changing a game. If you're 1-0 down and need to go for it and we bring on Gabby? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I watched a video of his 14 goals for Brentford this season and I think everyone of them was in the box and most only a few yards out. I can’t remember the last genuine goal poacher we had who had that knack of being in the right place at the right time. McCormack came with an excellent record but a lot of his goals were from a decent way out and a number of them free kicks.

He could hopefully be a perfect fit for us and complete the attacking jigsaw. He is certainly what we are missing when you look at our other forward options.

He also drops deeper and pulls out wide, I think he has been deployed on the left at times. He's not exactly a poacher he can do more than that. He often picks the ball up on the left and looks to square up the defender and then shift it on his left foot and get the ball in. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Plenty of teams play with one up front, especially if they have good goal scoring midfielders, which hopefully we have now signed. RMC sorting his head out would still be a good thing, even if it's just to get a decent price for him in the summer, as he is looking increasingly toxic and almost unsaleable at the moment. 

• Like 1

Get rid of RMC on loan at the very least. Toxic to the club, we need everyone pulling in the same direction for the remainder of the season.

Two up front if Bruce needs it but we can revert to one up front if an injury happens. Never thought I would say it but Gabby playing off Kodjia wouldn't be the end of the world if it is needed (Also what I think we will see tonight)

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Plenty of teams play with one up front, especially if they have good goal scoring midfielders, which hopefully we have now signed. RMC sorting his head out would still be a good thing, even if it's just to get a decent price for him in the summer, as he is looking increasingly toxic and almost unsaleable at the moment. 

I'd expect Bruce to favour 442.

4 minutes ago, limvillian said:

Being reported that Watford have just sold Ighalo to China for £20m, They could possibly be a rival for Hogan if true.

not sure if that is true. Changchun Yatai is a poor club that does not seem to have £20m.

• Like 1