January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Reading some quotes from Bruce that make Rhodes seem unlikely now.

"We made a bid for him (Rhodes) and we went as far as we could," said Bruce. "Nothing has changed. Whether that changes in the next 24 hours, I’m not so sure."

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why?

Snodgrass went for £10m and he's a much better player. I like Ayew as stated but, he isn't quite the player I want him to be. 

Snodgrass is well overpriced at £10 million, taking into account his age and how one dimensional he is.  

This season's Jimmy Bullard.  Ayew's allround game is far better -even if he can be as frustrating as hell. His form up until Bruce's arrival was fine, in terms of goals and assists. Yes I wanted even more, (and I think he could have delivered that with a more progressive manager) but it was a solid return, and certainly not worth all the 'don't get what he brings to the team' nonsense that circulates around here. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Screenshot_6.jpg

Ashley Young on loan, possibly?

Wants game time, and seems like only dross like West Brom and Watford have come in for him in the top flight. 

We can go overboard on the sentiment for players who have departed, thinking Milner and Benteke in particular.  But unlike them, Young was seen at a few of our home games in the Villa end even after he left. Made his name with us and seems to have retained some affection for the club, so who knows. 

2 hours ago, bradarmstrong_ said:

Whatever about trying to work out the specifics of the tweet, what it DOES tell me is that with 34 hours left in the transfer window, we're going to be extremely busy right up to the wire.

114821d1482719910t-xmas-gaming-gifts-201

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Snodgrass is well overpriced at £10 million, taking into account his age and how one dimensional he is.  

This season's Jimmy Bullard.  Ayew's allround game is far better -even if he can be as frustrating as hell. His form up until Bruce's arrival was fine, in terms of goals and assists. Yes I wanted even more, (and I think he could have delivered that with a more progressive manager) but it was a solid return, and certainly not worth all the 'don't get what he brings to the team' nonsense that circulates around here. 

I quite agree that he's better than some will tell you, but I do think Snodgrass is a better player and has proven so. I don't buy that he's this year's Jimmy Bullard, he's a smart signing and if he's overpriced then valuing Ayew at £8-10m is a good deal for us. 

Ayew to Swansea would make no sense for Ayew, as they are going down.

Ayew to Hull as a makeway for Hernandez is also not a good move for Ayew

Ayew to Boro, Stoke (did they get Berinho?) WBA or WH would make more sense for Ayew

Taylor - Welsh team mate of Chester -> possible

Hernandez, Berinho or Benteke would be Cloak&Dagger

Tish to NottsF is a good possibility

Amavi could be a go for (95%+£) Rhodes (Taylor in)

Wyness said brace yourselves for some rollercoaster stuff (deadline day)

I think tomorrow will be a scramble with loads happening

I hope some lower PL teams are desperate (Hutton Richards McC Gaby & Ayew) and some Ch teams too (Westwood Gardner & Bacuna)

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Ayew to Swansea would make no sense for Ayew, as they are going down.

Ayew to Hull as a makeway for Hernandez is also not a good move for Ayew

Ayew to Boro, Stoke (did they get Berinho?) WBA or WH would make more sense for Ayew

Taylor - Welsh team mate of Chester -> possible

Hernandez, Berinho or Benteke would be Cloak&Dagger

Tish to NottsF is a good possibility

Amavi could be a go for (95%+£) Rhodes (Taylor in)

Wyness said brace yourselves for some rollercoaster stuff (deadline day)

I think tomorrow will be a scramble with loads happening

I hope some lower PL teams are desperate (Hutton Richards McC Gaby & Ayew) and some Ch teams too (Westwood Gardner & Bacuna)

Berahino has signed for Stoke so no chance of coming here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, briggaman said:

Forgot he had moved to West Ham to be honest. Shows how much attention I pay to the Premier League at the moment. I'm sure his brother has said good things about Swansea then. Whatever the case, the same thing applies. If his heart isn't with us anymore then it is best to get rid of him.

This made me chuckle as I'm exactly the same, I work with an eclectic mix of Premiere league teams supporters from Glory hunters to bin dippers and I have zero interest in their conversations lol, the way the boggies fans are waffling on I can only presume they're 12 points clear with 2 games in hand?!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why?

Snodgrass went for £10m and he's a much better player. I like Ayew as stated but, he isn't quite the player I want him to be. 

Snodgrass only had another year on his contract as a 29 year old - this was basically Hull's chance to make some money from him.

Ayew is 4 years younger and on a contract until 2020.  I actually think he's a better player than Snodgrass overall (sure, Snodgrass hits some great free kicks) and would therefore certainly argue against Snodgrass being "a much better player".  I'm not even sure we've ever bothered playing Ayew through the middle - yet he's still scored (apparently) at a rate of 1 in 5 from out wide during our poorest seasons of recent times.

I'm disappointed that we're letting him go.

• Like 1