January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Don't believe all you read In the press ;) 

Nothing in this grealish story whatsoever .

Agreed, absolutely no reason to dispense of freakish (grealish on autocorrect) in this window.

Hypothetically, if the questioned swap was involving Rhodes and Grealish people have to consider that Grealish has been in the Premier League and hardly set it alight, just as he has failed to set alight the Championship this season. Rhodes is a proven goalscorer at the level we are currently at, even if the Premier League is out of his depth. 

So, on one hand you have a player that's done nothing at either of the top two levels but has time on his side. On the other hand you have a player who has scored freely at this level. 

It is easy to assume that, from now until the end of the season, Rhodes would have a bigger impact in this league that Grealish. If that meant promotion and the riches that came with it, it would certainly make for a better financial move for the club. 

26 minutes ago, villarocker said:

It is easy to assume that, from now until the end of the season, Rhodes would have a bigger impact in this league that Grealish. If that meant promotion and the riches that came with it, it would certainly make for a better financial move for the club. 

But it won't mean promotion. At best we might make the playoffs. It's just not worth it. 

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

But it won't mean promotion. At best we might make the playoffs. It's just not worth it. 

If there is a chance of promotion it is worth it though, non? Playoffs is a chance.

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

I was thinking Westwood for Ashley Barnes at Burnley!!

Dean Marney is out long term and there was rumours in the past about them wanting Westwood. Would be a good move for all parties but mostly Villa. Barnes would be a good workhorse to have behind Kodjia.

Westwood would benefit from a fresh start and Dyche has a good record of improving players (Stephen Ward has turned solid, Lowton doesn't get embarrassed defensively, Joey Barton is civilised there etc.)

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

If there is a chance of promotion it is worth it though, non? Playoffs is a chance.

Depends if you think there's a chance without Rhodes and how much of a difference he would make over Jack to that chance. 

Not enough of a difference for the long term loss, IMO. A better player than Rhodes? I mean maybe, but then I'd question why we have to swap players we want to keep for anyone. Those kinds of demands are rare, I'd rather we signed a different player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Dean Marney is out long term and there was rumours in the past about them wanting Westwood. Would be a good move for all parties but mostly Villa. Barnes would be a good workhorse to have behind Kodjia.

Westwood would benefit from a fresh start and Dyche has a good record of improving players (Stephen Ward has turned solid, Lowton doesn't get embarrassed defensively, Joey Barton is civilised there etc.)

Yes, and crabs like the seaside.

Dr T "liked" the one tweet to him by (?) Grealish staying 100%.

Dr T obviously doesnt know whats going on in here (too busy) so lets cool it.

1 player direct trade + cash

that may be Rhodes for ? + cash

could be any from Westwood, Gardner, Bacuna, McC or even Richards

the other 2 options are out an out buy posibilities

cant be arsed with the rest

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Dave, hypothetically, who do you think would have a bigger impact on our promotion push next season - Grealish or Rhodes? 

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Dave, hypothetically, who do you think would have a bigger impact on our promotion push next season - Grealish or Rhodes? 

I don't see a legitimate reason why we can't have both, or indeed a better striker than Rhodes. They don't play the same position. Keep Grealish, sign a striker. It's relatively simple. 

But in the name of sportsmanship - Rhodes. I think Grealish has more upside though, by a distance and I think we would regret it long term. 

• Like 1