January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

15 minutes ago, Godders said:

If the deal gets across the line tomorrow, could whoever it is play on Saturday? Apologies, I don't know the rules around when a player needs to be registered to be eligable for selection in an upcoming match!

Yes he could .

Donkor with direct quote on sport buzzer or some other type site saying his agent is in talk and a loan move would be good for his development

got a picture in my head of trump screaming fake news so hopefully someone a bit more reputable (is there anymore?) will pick it up

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

Can't see it being Rhodes. Dr Tony said many of the delays were due to clubs wanting play there players right up until the close of the window. Clearly that's not the case with Rhodes.

I saw the tweet but it didn't make sense. Maybe we need Ayew to be sold and the club is waiting until Kate so they don't have to pay his wages. If you're selling someone your only benefits of keeping a player is to get a replacement in. That didn't fit with what he was saying. We've got 48 hours to sign players for Saturday in for me a must win game. We need to push things along and quickly!! 

36 minutes ago, John said:

Robbie Keane anyone (he has just mentioned having had offers from the Championship on Talksport)? 

I said this a month ago. Until the end of the season he would improve us no end. Also think Grealish and possibly McCormack would thrive off his intelligence 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I saw the tweet but it didn't make sense. Maybe we need Ayew to be sold and the club is waiting until Kate so they don't have to pay his wages. If you're selling someone your only benefits of keeping a player is to get a replacement in. That didn't fit with what he was saying. We've got 48 hours to sign players for Saturday in for me a must win game. We need to push things along and quickly!! 

What's Kate got to do with it all?

Seems a bit harsh to blame her for it all.

• Like 3

That villatransfers account is full of shit. Pretty sure they said Kodjia would be available for the Cardiff game a few weeks ago. And, why the **** would you say you have a 100% info rate if you really are legit? Attention seeking clearing in the woods. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Well thats where we are, so not doing it "Right" means we'll "half-rebuild" and fail EVERY season.

Luck or bad choice?

So lets limp through this season and slowly kill the enthusiasm held by our best players risking them wanted to leave in the summer.

Imagine bids coming in for Chester, Baker, Amavi, Adomah, Ayew & Kodjia.

Who from those would stay?

Madness?

Players never get injured or have their heads turned do they.

So what happens when SJ, Chester, Baker or Kodjia are out for 4+ games or a last day of the window bid comes in from a PL team?

We're F****d

we'd ve back to Bunn, Hutton, Richards @ the back - Gardwood in MF & Gaby up top

I'm glad you're not running ny company

When I take on a work/project contract. I budget for Backup hardware, I over-man my staff (someone always gets sick-leave) and have a "transport" back up option at the ready.

Why would a football club want to be anything else but prepared to use a plan b or c?

But hey we can wait, take it slow, stand and watch whilst the rest take over us.

We really do need a squad rebuild

Look I'm not saying that no players will leave, and when they do they will need replacing with so called proven players of equal or better quality (what Southampton do). I'm also not saying that we shouldn't look to improve every position on the pitch. I'm not saying we don't need capable backup players. I'm saying it's madness to expect all this to be done straight away - especially in January! 

Worry about replacing our core players when we actually have to. No need to spend January rushing about trying to replace Kodjia or Baker etc when chances are they won't actually leave in the short term. These players are contacted to us remember, if a deal isn't good enough or leave enough enough time for us to adequately replace them then don't sell them. 

Injuries also happen. Ideally we would have good replacements for all our players so we aren't too disrupted by injuries but again, you can't expect this to happen all in 1 go, and realistically only the very top teams and everyone on Fifa or FM actually have 2 similar quality options for each position.

Focus on signing quality players in positions we actually need and who can actually come into our team and improve us. 2 CM are needed, we have a terrible midfield. A new RB would be good, although Hutton is far from being as bad as everyone says, he'd be better served as a backup, also a LW as we don't really have a good option there (poss to replace Ayew or McCormack who don't really fit into our team). These players will make a big difference and it doesn't require a huge overhaul. 

You can't say we need a full overhaul because if our best 4-6 players get long term injuries we'll be buggered, that's true of every team outside of the PL top 6, and even some of them, I mean people are talking about Chelseas title challenge being over if Costa leaves, the first team being better than the reserves isn't unique to Aston Villa

My point was only that not everything needs to be done in 1 window, it rarely works because it's a total gamble how the players will actually play together, it's much better, now that we actually have a starting point to supplement that each window with 3-4 players that can come into the 11 and improve us - this will push 3-4 of our current starters to the bench (+bring in a few youngsters that won't be expected to play straight away, young gambles if you like that can also be options from the bench or in cups). That way our team can actually grow year on year (or window on window) rather than ripping it up and starting again every year hoping to stumble on the magic formula

19 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

The sun are saying that Hourihane has his heart set on joining Villa, and is prepared to wait until Summer if the clubs can't agree a deal.

Are you sure thats not lansbury? Haven't seen that story 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Wonder why it's taken so long to make a body for Rhodes? Maybe he was holding out for out her targets 

Suggestions he wanted him on loan but now has accepted it has to be a permanent deal for boro to do business.

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Are you sure thats not lansbury? Haven't seen that story 

It's definitely hourihane 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2644464/aston-villa-transfer-news-conor-hourihane-barnsley/

HOU DARES WINS

Aston Villa transfer news: Conor Hourihane determined to seal move from Barnsley to Claret and Blues.. even if he has to wait

Hourihane is out of contract at Oakwell in the summer and could leave for free if Tykes choose to hold on to ace for now

CONOR HOURIHANE has his heart set on Aston Villa – in this window or the summer.

Villa boss Steve Bruce is in pole position for the Barnsley midfielder despite interest from a host of clubs.