January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Same here as much as I disliked what I did how can you cheer gabby who has been a million times worse in my opinion. If he was willing to come back and showed that on pitch I'd forgive

If he was willing to come back it would take absolutely massive balls. I'd respect him for that.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Gabby has done more in his Villa career than Delph did.

Yes, he's a busted flush now but for a number of years he was a key player in a top 6 team

He was still a poor footballer and as proved, a poor professional so he isn't wrong.

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He was still a poor footballer and as proved, a poor professional so he isn't wrong.

He is now, but he wasn't when at his peak

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Gabby has done more in his Villa career than Delph did.

Yes, he's a busted flush now but for a number of years he was a key player in a top 6 team

Not for me he wasn't - he did ok for a couple of years - Delphi earned a regular England  place and got a move to the champions on the back of his performances in a very poor villa team - gabby has been rotten to the core for years and quite frankly a disgrace to this club .

id far rather have Delph.

• Like 4

If he comes back and scores the winner in the play-off final, then Lerner releases a statement saying he forced Delph to leave so the club could cash in on him, we could make a movie about it. 

1 minute ago, NottingVilla said:

That clickbait from the Telegraph has certainly worked.

It'll only last a couple of hours until the good Dr. laughs it off on twitter.. 

..  Or makes a vague speech about second chances. ;)

I'd be delighted if Delph returned. Think he was more naive than malicious in how he handled his exit, and by all accounts he was a brilliant example at the club up until his departure. On the pitch, he's miles better than any of our current CMs and would be the best in his position in the league. Matt Law is a respectable journalist, so I'm confident that we have an interest. It does seem a bit of a stretch to expect him to choose us in our current predicament though.

Don't fancy Cleverley back at all. People seem to forget how poor he was for us, barring a six-game period when Sherwood first came in. He's been shocking for Everton and is being jeered by his own fans at a 3rd straight club. Delph, Brady, Hourihane and Lansbury would all be improvements on what we have, to varying degrees..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam3773 said:

It'll only last a couple of hours until the good Dr. laughs it off on twitter.. 

..  Or makes a vague speech about second chances. ;)

Sadly I agree - looks a long shot and more likely to end up somewhere like Sunderland. 

He's a snake, but he's a snake that's not bad at football. I'd be happy if we got him back. I don't have to like him as a person for him to play well. 

He would be by far our best midfielder if he were to come back. 

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'd be delighted if Delph returned. Think he was more naive than malicious in how he handled his exit, and by all accounts he was a brilliant example at the club up until his departure. On the pitch, he's miles better than any of our current CMs and would be the best in his position in the league. Matt Law is a respectable journalist, so I'm confident that we have an interest. It does seem a bit of a stretch to expect him to choose us in our current predicament though.

Don't fancy Cleverley back at all. People seem to forget how poor he was for us, barring a six-game period when Sherwood first came in. He's been shocking for Everton and is being jeered by his own fans at a 3rd straight club. Delph, Brady, Hourihane and Lansbury would all be improvements on what we have, to varying degrees..

Cleverly is this league would be considerably better than he was in the premiership.

Just now, Eastie said:

Cleverly is this league would be considerably better than he was in the premiership.

People said the same when he made the drop from United to Villa, and even when the likes of Westwood dropped down a league. Cleverley is a poor player with no confidence imo. Turned us down previously after taking him on loan too.

14 minutes ago, skarroki said:

If he comes back and scores the winner in the play-off final, then Lerner releases a statement saying he forced Delph to leave so the club could cash in on him, we could make a movie about it. 

I know Lerner didn't get out his checkbook a lot but I don't think even he would consider 8 mil a cash in

I'd love to see Cleverley here - I think he struggled a bit with expectation when he arrived, people were expecting the new Ian Taylor, a player that could get into the box, support and do things - for me he's not that, he's a running machine, he's all legs, more Boateng than Taylor, I think he's exactly what we need, there's so little energy in our midfield and for me I'd take energy over quality on the ball in terms of what would do us most good right now.

• Like 3