Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Losing Kodjia in Jan, Signing too many players and not addressing Gabby being the only fit striker for so long cost us massively. Bruce has to take some blame for it. But if we had Kodjia through that period we would have been alot closer

Well losing Kodja for August, September, October & November means that Bruce has to change how he sets us up or he will indeed be out of a job about pretty smartish.

6 hours ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Take the middle 8 games out from Cardiff to Newcastle

That leaves 

27 games - 15 wins, 7 draws, 5 defeats, 52 points

That is 1.92 points per game which is 89. Meaning we would go up easily.

Losing Kodjia in Jan, Signing too many players and not addressing Gabby being the only fit striker for so long cost us massively. Bruce has to take some blame for it. But if we had Kodjia through that period we would have been alot closer

Yes and where would we be without Kodjia? 

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes and where would we be without Kodjia? 

where would Everton be without Lukaku?.....that's not an argument Paul.

we could have had Tammy Abraham and he could have scored more.

Yes but would Bruce have signed Tammy Abraham. The point is strikers make or break managers and the fact that our second top scorer is Jack Grealish on 5 goals kind of proves that Bruce hasn't done that well really imo. 

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but would Bruce have signed Tammy Abraham. The point is strikers make or break managers and the fact that our second top scorer is Jack Grealish on 5 goals kind of proves that Bruce hasn't done that well really imo. 

Paul come on mate.....we was all happy with Scott Hogan.

Before that

We signed Rudy Gestede, Ross McCormack......They all scored goals at their previous clubs, but equally can't score at their new ones.....its football.

Its not for the want of trying.

• Like 2

Question is though does Bruce provide the kind of platform for these strikers to flourish. Hogan did have a bad injury though so we'll see how he does next season. I just have my doubts about Bruce and the football he has us playing. 

• Like 1

The fact that one striker has scored most of the goals for us suggests that we only have one plan. I'm not sure if that was even a plan or Kodjia hit a golden patch and we lived off it. 

Good teams are set up to create chances for lots of players to score in many positions. Relying on one player is dangerous, as we've seen when he was out. 

Yeah I know he knows and is going to miraculously change everything in the golden preseason. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Spoony said:

"We need a twenty goal a season striker"

"Why does or our striker score all the goals! Where would we be without him??"

You sign a twenty goal a season striker to score goals! Where would we be without him? In the market for a twenty goal a season striker!

I know I do find it crazy. If kodjia scored 10 goals people would say a flop and we over spent. We need the team scoring goals. I think over summer we will see changes and changes to how we play with the big kodj injured

My old man's website (not my actual dad) have a good article on Bruce. Very hard to disagree with it. 

I don't get the faith in him to deliver at all. 

Edited by DCJonah

It's kindoff crazy to think that we have the 5th highest scoring player in the league, yet we are the 4th! lowest scorers in the league. Kodija has nearly scored the same amount of goals as the rest of the team combined (28). If this is due to us having poor quality around the rest of the pitch or a defensive minded manager I don't know. My dream is that we start playing attacking football next year, as we seem to have been so defensive for years now, but I doubt that will happen with Bruce in charge. When Hull were promoted last season, Hernandez got 20 goals and no one else got to double figures. In his first promotion with Hull they scored a measly 12 goals more than we have this season and had no player get to double figures. And looking at his two promotions with the scum, he managed only a few more goals. But keep in mind, in his first promotion he got promoted with Manchester City, that is maybe too far in the past to keep praising him for :P 
What I'm trying to say, is prepare yourself for poor defensive football, even if we are successful it will still be by playing poor negative football. Just can't see it working out for us, we are a team that other teams will be pleased to get a 0-0 against, therefore they will defend against us, we need to control and dominate matches, IMO. 

13 hours ago, TRO said:

Paul come on mate.....we was all happy with Scott Hogan.

I wasn't :P

• Like 1

I am not happy with the football, but.......

just being devils advocate.....If its the way we are set up, why does Kodjia score goals.?....it obviously has no effect on him, being set up allegedly badly.

against Brighton, Lansbury missed a clear header, that could, should have been a goal.....what has that got to do with the way we are set up.....did Steve Bruce sneeze and put him off?

conversely, Jack comes up with a "worldy"' so we are set up ok for that?

The players have to show a higher level of consistently good performance.....thats the main issue for me.They can all do it in flashes.....consistency is an element of being a good player, we are lacking in it.That is what Steve Bruce has to find in them.

I heard Adomah say " I am not a goalscorer" when questioned about missing a chance......errrrrrrr. Its like being at work, "i don't answer the phone, I'm not a salesman"

can you imagine some of the players of the past coming out with "pearlers" like that.......errrrr no.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not happy with the football, but.......

just being devils advocate.....If its the way we are set up, why does Kodjia score goals.?....it obviously has no effect on him, being set up allegedly badly.

against Brighton, Lansbury missed a clear header, that could, should have been a goal.....what has that got to do with the way we are set up.....did Steve Bruce sneeze and put him off?

conversely, Jack comes up with a "worldy"' so we are set up ok for that?

The players have to show a higher level of consistently good performance.....thats the main issue for me.They can all do it in flashes.....consistency is an element of being a good player, we are lacking in it.That is what Steve Bruce has to find in them.

I heard Adomah say " I am not a goalscorer" when questioned about missing a chance......errrrrrrr. Its like being at work, "i don't answer the phone, I'm not a salesman"

can you imagine some of the players of the past coming out with "pearlers" like that.......errrrr no.

Did adomah really say that? I don't wanna be hearing that kind of attitude from villa players.  

Â