Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

56 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Looking forward to fans giving him a chance. Oh wait. AGENDA

He's had enough chances and proven to be a failure call it an agenda if you want but judged by some fans reactions you would think that they are happy were a championship club and Bruce just gets a free pass.

I'd like to think we have ambitions of playing in the premier league again someday and not just being stuck in the  championship and being "stable" bear in mind if we miss out again there will be zero parachute payments next season and we are just postponing the inevitable rebuild anyway.

I was right in my prediction at the beginning of last season that we would not be getting promoted and having Bruce as manager is a waste of time.

It looks like it will take another 3 months of crap and underachievement before he finally gets the elbow and we can start to build a sustainable squad for the future based around our own academy products rather than developing other teams talent.

If promotion is unobtainable this season anyway according to some and we just need to steady the ship would u rather us fork out a ton of wages on loan players with no future worth to the club and falling short again? 

The only way I see us going up is through a long term plan in 3 to 4 seasons time. The quick fix has failed and not only is Bruce lucky to still have a job were lucky to still exist as a football club.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I've given him plenty. He was my first choice. The way some fans are Bruce could literally piss on their dogs and they'd be like well he needed hydrating.

Yep, and the rest would still call him a useless dinosaur if we won every single game between now and May. 

See how this works? 

40 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Looking forward to him giving the likes of JDH, COH and Clark a chance. Oh wait they haven't even been given squad numbers. DINOSAUR.

Or maybe they just aren't quite ready yet, maybe they'll see it as a challenge to try and earn a vacant shirt number. Youth players need motivation like that, can't just hand them a squad number because they might turn out alright In a few years. 

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He's had enough chances and proven to be a failure call it an agenda if you want but judged by some fans reactions you would think that they are happy were a championship club and Bruce just gets a free pass.

I'd like to think we have ambitions of playing in the premier league again someday and not just being stuck in the  championship and being "stable" bear in mind if we miss out again there will be zero parachute payments next season.

I was right in my prediction at the beginning of last season that we would not be getting promoted and having Bruce as manager is a waste of time.

It looks like it will take another 3 months of crap and underachievement before he finally gets the elbow and we can start to build a sustainable squad for the future based around our own academy products rather than developing other teams talent.

The only way I see us going up is through a long term plan In 3 to 4 seasons time the quick fix has failed and not only is Bruce lucky to still have a job were lucky to still exist as a football club.

The fact that you attribute our near demise as a club to SB invalidates anything else you say as far as I'm concerned. 

It's funny that you talk about starting a 3-4 year masterplan to get back to the PL when we're exactly halfway through that time frame with SB. 

27 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Have the past 2 seasons not been a chance? 

Yes, the past 1.5 seasons have been a chance, he now has another crack at it.

But this is a new season, which starts tonight (not for us of course but the season starts tonight), it's a blank canvass.

If we're struggling 1-2 months from now then fine, crack on, but continuing the tirade of negativity now is just boring frankly.

It's all been said, over and over again, I don't think anyone has brought anything new to the Bruce out campaign for at least 12 months now.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If we're struggling 1-2 months from now then fine, crack on, but continuing the tirade of negativity now is just boring frankly.

It's all been said, over and over again, I don't think anyone has brought anything new to the Bruce out campaign for at least 12 months now.

Whilst Im not a fan of Bruce I have to agree with this. We may as well give him a few games.

edit: just seen his ‘starting again’ comments. He really doesn’t help himself does he? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The fact that you attribute our near demise as a club to SB invalidates anything else you say as far as I'm concerned. 

It's funny that you talk about starting a 3-4 year masterplan to get back to the PL when we're exactly halfway through that time frame with SB. 

Where did i attribute everything solely to Bruce?

I will clarify further, his failure to get us promoted was a factor as was the owners stupidity in gambling everything on such a short term fix hence my desire for us to have a more long term plan in place.

I don't see the progression under Bruce

Are we really better off than we were when he started?

The only thing i can see he has done that is positive is unify the dressing room but was this actually his doing or more John Terry's influence? I think any half decent man manager could have done this and it should be classified as a basic requirement of being a football manager.

On to the more advanced stuff.

In terms of football were still one paced and don't seem to be able to go up another gear.

We don't adapt very well to our opponents and seem very rigid.

Were not fluid in our play and rely on the counter attack too much.

We struggle to break teams down and are to reliant on Grealish.

We seem to have no plan B late on in games other than throw on all the strikers.

We too often start games far too slow and don't turn up till the second half, take the playoff final for example.

We show some teams far too much respect again take the playoff final for example.

We have players at the club who have been bombed out or could probably excel under another more tactically astute manager.

Hogan for example this is a player Bruce wanted and we forked out 10+ million for, he thrives on through balls and plays on the shoulder of the last defender why do we pump the ball into his head all the time. We will never see the best of him while Bruce is here and will probably go down as one of our worst signings of all time because of it.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, and the rest would still call him a useless dinosaur if we won every single game between now and May. 

See how this works? 

I doubt that tbh. During our run in jan and after the wolves game there was quite a Bruce w**k fest on this thread. 

If we win games most people are happy. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I will clarify further, his failure to get us promoted was a factor as was the owners stupidity in gambling everything on such a short term fix hence my desire for us to have a more long term plan in place.

The only thing i can see he has done that is positive is unify the dressing room but was this actually his doing or more John Terry's influence? I think any half decent man manager could have done this and it should be classified as a basic requirement of being a football manager.

In terms of football were still one paced and don't seem to be able to go up another gear.

We seem to have no plan B late on in games other than throw on all the strikers.

We too often start games far too slow and don't turn up till the second half, take the playoff final for example.

We show some teams far too much respect again take the playoff final for example.

We have players at the club who have been bombed out or could probably excel under another more tactically astute manager.

Hogan for example this is a player Bruce wanted and we forked out 10+ million for, he thrives on through balls and plays on the shoulder of the last defender why do we pump the ball into his head all the time. We will never see the best of him while Bruce is here and will probably go down as one of our worst signings of all time because of it.

Wow man, honestly I can't even be bothered to read the rest what you've posted sorry.

If you think we're no better off than when he took over then there's no point in debating it any further.

I can and will happily admit his failings, he is far from the perfect Manager (for us or otherwise) but when there's a complete refusal to acknowledge any of the good that he HAS achieved then it becomes an impossible discussion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Now, you are being totally unfair. Bruce has now had the second pre-season he needed with his players so all of that will now have been fixed. So you can rest easy, stop worrying and look forward to a nice easy automatic promotion this season. :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wow man, honestly I can't even be bothered to read the rest what you've posted sorry.

If you think we're no better off than when he took over then there's no point in debating it any further.

I can and will happily admit his failings, he is far from the perfect Manager (for us or otherwise) but when there's a complete refusal to acknowledge any of the good that he HAS achieved then it becomes an impossible discussion.

Maybe you should have read the rest of what he said. 

FWIW he is spot on with the rest of the analysis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ohh, shit. I must apologize to all. Had I realized we hired Bruce to do a medium to long term rebuild, I would have perhaps had a little more nuance in my opinions. Errr, but what am I talking about, he's never built a sandcastle, nevermind a football club. Now please carry on with your Bruce apologist gig. 

Bruce out!

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Bruce is worthy of a lot of criticism. 

But to suggest we’re not better off than when he arrived is lunacy. 

I'd like to go on the record and retract that statement i was on the train at the time which was crowded and was a bit hasty with my views/comments.

We were in a poor state when we got relegated and he has stabilised and transitioned us into being a championship club.

However the endgame was always meant to be promotion which he failed to deliver,  I think he's had his chance and should move on.

The rest of my viewpoints till stand.

Edited by AshVilla

Â