Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 hours ago, omariqy said:

He's not going to get sacked any time soon imo. But it is a matter of time. 

If we lose at Boro and only draw with Bristol? We'd be 5-6 points off 6th if that happens.We wouldn't have another league fixture for 12 days.

I'd be surprised if he made it through that scenario.

49 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And i think that is part of the problem having Wyness brings. 

I don’t really see why wyness gets so much stick. 

He’s made one appointment which, whilst it hasn’t worked out, was by your own admission an obvious appointment to make at the time. I think most people agree with that. 

So why does he get so much stick?

honest question. 

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Can’t believe the shit he comes out with -

“We’re only a week away from a crisis at Aston Villa. Everything is a crisis if we don’t win. It was only two or three weeks ago that we were in the thick of it.

"We’re having our blip. Cardiff have had it, Sheffield (United) have had it, Derby had theirs at the start. It’s all to play for. “We’ll be better on Saturday because I don’t think we could be any worse.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-were-only-week-14083519

So Cardiff, Derby and Sheff Utd have already had their blips, but we're going through ours now? Ok Steve. If that's the case, how come all 3 are already above us in the league and are likely to pull further away over the next week?

Surely at least one of the 3 would be below us if they've gone through their blips already? Bruce has made little to no progress since becoming our manager. He'll start to roll out the "It's because I'm an ex-Birmingham manager" excuses soon.

• Thanks 1

Remember something vividly this morning from the efl review show early last season. Brentford lost to huddersfield I think it was. After the match dean smith said "we didn't get close enough to support hogan" Last night and all the time under Bruce our main focal point of attack is full backs launch it to davis or hogan and hope for the best. Last night brentford passed and probed patiently all the while playing further up the pitch, advancing towards vibe to put him through with intelligent balls not hail marys. Then we when tucked in barbet and yennaris pushed on too. One team clearly coached. The other assembled and left to their own devices. 

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s made one appointment which, whilst it hasn’t worked out, was by your own admission an obvious appointment to make at the time. I think most people agree with that. 

honest question. 

I also thought Bruce was the right appointment at the time, but results and performances changed my opinion over time. 

With that in mind i don't blame Wyness for the appointment, but i think there is a sense that this has gone on long enough and that Wyness is reluctant to acknowledge that his appointment hasn't worked. Almost putting ego ahead of making the right decision. 

3 hours ago, mykeyb said:

It's almost as though the manager has made them into a team rather than 11 individuals...........is that fair?

There is a chance they could overtake us over the next few games.

Absolutely not. I also noticed that they were also not following the rules that if you go a goal ahead you should defend like crazy and hold on for dear life. They completely ignored this and carried on attacking and even tried to score another goal - I just cannot understand how they were allowed to get away with this. 

Damned unsporting behaviour if you ask me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danishlad said:

I don't think I have ever seen a villa team with such a poor central midfield as yesterday. 

Whelan and jedinak together- the mind boggles as to why Bruce thought this would be a good idea. If those two played all the games in midfield we would be lucky not to get relegated. 

Bruce needs to go and I'd like to see Brendan Rodgers, Shakespeare, or even JT get the job. 

To sack or not to sack? That is the question...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I also thought Bruce was the right appointment at the time, but results and performances changed my opinion over time. 

With that in mind i don't blame Wyness for the appointment, but i think there is a sense that this has gone on long enough and that Wyness is reluctant to acknowledge that his appointment hasn't worked. Almost putting ego ahead of making the right decision. 

Based on what though? 

Its only the last few games where it’s become clear this isn’t going to work. Yes there have been evidence before but if it wasn’t for this most recent downturn in form then Wyness’ decision to keep Bruce would seem justified. 

I don’t buy into this idea that Wyness is just being stubborn or feeding his ego. 

Now if this form continues and he takes no action I may come around to the idea. I think we’re jumping the gun at the moment though. 

We're a dull and lethargic team who can barely string 5 passes together when going forward, we very, very rarely play well and given the playing staff and resources simply are not high enough in the table. 

Watching Villa is utterly painful, just shocking, a totally inept football team and it is down to Bruce. Has to go.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

honest question. 

Prior poor reputation? TBH I know very little about him, but he doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. He just seems to be part of the same British old school dinosaur regime as Bruce. Hope I'm wrong.

He has every chance to redeem himself by doing something worthwhile now though.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Can’t believe the shit he comes out with -

“We’re only a week away from a crisis at Aston Villa. Everything is a crisis if we don’t win. It was only two or three weeks ago that we were in the thick of it.

"We’re having our blip. Cardiff have had it, Sheffield (United) have had it, Derby had theirs at the start. It’s all to play for. “We’ll be better on Saturday because I don’t think we could be any worse.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-were-only-week-14083519

errrrr, yes..... that is the object of a football game, especially for a team aiming for promotion, and if you haven't managed it for 5 games!!!!! then, yes, it is a bit of a crisis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on what though? 

Its only the last few games where it’s become clear this isn’t going to work. Yes there have been evidence before but if it wasn’t for this most recent downturn in form then Wyness’ decision to keep Bruce would seem justified. 

I don’t buy into this idea that Wyness is just being stubborn or feeding his ego. 

Now if this form continues and he takes no action I may come around to the idea. I think we’re jumping the gun at the moment though. 

I guess that comes down to when your pesonal opinion of Bruces tenure changed.

I agree that opinion has only changed en masse over the last few weeks, but there has also been a fair chunk of the fanbase that turned months ago,  for those it has been clear for monrhs and has dragged on for far to long. 

Again, its just down to opinion i guess. 

Edited by av1

9 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Prior poor reputation? TBH I know very little about him, but he doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. He just seems to be part of the same British old school dinosaur regime as Bruce. Hope I'm wrong.

He has every chance to redeem himself by doing something worthwhile now though.

Dunno maybe. I don’t know much about him Either. I’m genuinely asking. 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

From fans or from the club? 

And a facebook poll is hardly the provider of all truth  

it's as much the provider of all truth as VT is. and yes from the fans (obviously wouldnt get one from the club) and the names on the next villa manager poll here either dont fill me with confidence or are unrealistic

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Dunno maybe. I don’t know much about him Either. I’m genuinely asking. 

He’s been out of football a few years until xia appointee him , I looked him up on Everton forums and he was unpopular to say the least .

Can't see Hendrie coming out and slatting Bruce nor Taylor for that matter both of whom are currently employed by Sky. Would be denied  access to team news.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â