Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t really see why wyness gets so much stick. 

He’s made one appointment which, whilst it hasn’t worked out, was by your own admission an obvious appointment to make at the time. I think most people agree with that. 

So why does he get so much stick?

honest question. 

He didn't help himself with quotes like 'the villa engine'. He maybe should have waited until we got it right on the pitch before he came out with that one. 

6 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I see that Lee Hendrie is defending Bruce and his coaching on twitter.

https://twitter.com/leehendrie77/status/945980547469332482

I'm sure he does want the club back in the prem, be a big promotion bonus in it for him.  Unfortunately what he wants to deliver and what he is capable of delivering seem to be miles apart. 

I'm sure he doesn't want to fail at Villa - but how can we be given ANOTHER footballing lesson by a side with players who are individually less skilled and cost a tenth of ours......that has to sit with the manager

At the end of the day, he will walk off with a nice fat pay off, his managerial career may be over, but he has enough mates in the game to makes sure he is alright and it wont be his fault, and it will be us the fans will be left suffering the results of his ineptitude.

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If we lose at Boro and only draw with Bristol? We'd be 5-6 points off 6th if that happens.We wouldn't have another league fixture for 12 days.

I'd be surprised if he made it through that scenario.

I'd take 2 losses in those games if it meant Bruce getting the sack, don't like thinking like that but the life has been drained out of me as a Villa fan and I just want Bruce gone now no matter how. I guess the problem is also that the likes of wyness and round need to go as well as they will probably hire another dinosaur long ball shit manager. I'd love us to give Dean Smith a shot at it here and give him the time Bruce has had to try get the club firing again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Yes, but its pointless if it doesn't carry over on to the pitch on game day.

Its like watching the kitchen at KFC. The preparation is good, but the food is pretty awful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Can't see Hendrie coming out and slatting Bruce nor Taylor for that matter both of whom are currently employed by Sky.

I think they do it on a freelance basis - Taylor is less likely to publically expose Bruce as he is a club ambassador - I felt Hendrix was pretty critical last night and rightly so 

11 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

That's interesting. Maybe the problem isn't the coaching and we just have a very over paid over hyped team that when you take a star players goals out of is nothing but a mid table championship outfit. 

I don't think it's all down to Bruce's management. I just think he has assembled a very average team. 

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I'm sure he does want the club back in the prem, be a big promotion bonus in it for him.  Unfortunately what he wants to deliver and what he is capable of delivering seem to be miles apart. 

I'm sure he doesn't want to fail at Villa - but how can we be given ANOTHER footballing lesson by a side with players who are individually less skilled and cost a tenth of ours......that has to sit with the manager

At the end of the day, he will walk off with a nice fat pay off, his managerial career may be over, but he has enough mates in the game to makes sure he is alright and it wont be his fault, and it will be us the fans will be left suffering the results of his ineptitude.

I don't think they are. Just because they wernt known names and didn't cost much doesn't mean they are inferior players. Canos was by far the most technically gifted player in the pitch. 

Bruce has managed to put together a slow over hyped over paid over the hill team that have no really desire for the fight in this league. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think it's all down to Bruce's management. I just think he has assembled a very average team. 

I disagree with that, i think the squad is at least as good as most teams in the top 6. 

But even if you're right, does assembling a very average team not come to down to Bruce's management given how much he has spent?

7 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

I'd take 2 losses in those games if it meant Bruce getting the sack, don't like thinking like that but the life has been drained out of me as a Villa fan and I just want Bruce gone now no matter how. I guess the problem is also that the likes of wyness and round need to go as well as they will probably hire another dinosaur long ball shit manager. I'd love us to give Dean Smith a shot at it here and give him the time Bruce has had to try get the club firing again.

This is an important point. I hope the next manager has the patience of the fans. On the plus side if someone new did come in over the next few weeks it would be an ideal time to join with easier fixtures coming up. 

Bruce will be gone by 02.01.2018 The club will wait that long because Wyness will want to give him every last chance possible.  but he‘ll still hoof it up

The thing is

We have 2 games till then. keeping Bruce means zero pts, that will be 3pts from the last 21pts available.

The maximum pts we can expect if Bruce stays for those 2 games is 2 pts (5pts/21pts)

I still thing ANYBODY other than Bruce, Agnew, Calderwood, Clements could get more than no pts v Boro/BC

So we have nothing to lose anyway.

For these 2 i‘d take BL picking the team and Terry motivating them

its there for all to see that Hutton Hedi (as a CB) Whelan and gaby have no place in this team

We need a new impetus, and I honestly think that if a „team-picker“ picks players in their natural positions and says „do what you‘re good at“ we‘d see a marked difference to our play

JS

Bree/Elmo Chester RDL Taylor

Snod Onomah Hourihane Adomah

Grealish

Hogan/Davis

(without Terry Green & Kodjia that is our closest to „round pegs in round holes“ - RDL the only exeption)

If Bruce can get us „there or thereabout“ (which isnt good enough btw) surely anyone with a method/cincept/style/system can do better

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

If Bruce actually wants to see us succeed, he needs to change his approach, bench some of these has beens, and give youth a chance against Boro. Sure it's a risky move, but we're playing like crap anyway, so it can't really turn out much worse. At least us, the fans would get behind him, and that could very well be become a turning point. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

I disagree with that, i think the squad is at least as good as most teams in the top 6. 

But even if you're right, does assembling a very average team not come to down to Bruce's management given how much he has spent?

Of course it does. My criticism is of the team he has assembled. It's just not good enough and he clearly can't get them to play in a decent way.

We've watched them enough this season now to judge if they are individually decent players or not. I've seen nothing special from any of them to suggest they are. 

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

If Bruce actually wants to see us succeed, he needs to change his approach, bench some of these has beens, and give youth a chance against Boro. Sure it's a risky move, but we're playing like crap anyway, so it can't really turn out much worse. At least us, the fans would get behind him, and that could very well be become a turning point. 

Agree it would be refreshing to see him take some chances. Do not agree fans would get behind him. If he dropped senior players for youth and we got turned over. He would get crucified. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Of course it does. My criticism is of the team he has assembled. It's just not good enough and he clearly can't get them to play in a decent way.

We've watched them enough this season now to judge if they are individually decent players or not. I've seen nothing special from any of them to suggest they are. 

At any other club, given the amount of time and money he's already gotten, this would result in an immediate termination of contract. Not at Villa though, where failure is acceptable.

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Bruce will be gone by 02.02.2018 The club will wait that long because Wyness will want to give him every last chance possible.  but he‘ll still hoof it up

The thing is

We have 2 games till then. keeping Bruce means zero pts, that will be 3pts from the last 21pts available.

The maximum pts we can expect if Bruce stays for those 2 games is 2 pts (5pts/21pts)

I still thing ANYBODY other than Bruce, Agnew, Calderwood, Clements could get more than no pts v Boro/BC

So we have nothing to lose anyway.

For these 2 i‘d take BL picking the team and Terry motivating them

its there for all to see that Hutton Hedi (as a CB) Whelan and gaby have no place in this team

We need a new impetus, and I honestly think that if a „team-picker“ picks players in their natural positions and says „do what you‘re good at“ we‘d see a marked difference to our play

JS

Bree/Elmo Chester RDL Taylor

Snod Onomah Hourihane Adomah

Grealish

Hogan/Davis

(without Terry Green & Kodjia that is our closest to „round pegs in round holes“ - RDL the only exeption)

If Bruce can get us „there or thereabout“ (which isnt good enough btw) surely anyone with a method/cincept/style/system can do better

So he will be gone by 2nd February and we only have 2 games until then. Has someone amended the fixture list?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree it would be refreshing to see him take some chances. Do not agree fans would get behind him. If he dropped senior players for youth and we got turned over. He would get crucified. 

Not by me. Would that actually happen, I'd praise him, regardless of outcome. It won't though, not in a million years, because Steve Bruce is an absolutely ridiculous manager, that only knows one way, and he will never change it.

8 minutes ago, vreitti said:

The horse has already bolted, trust me . He's had ample time to sort things out ,and here we are ,looking like a shambles of a team .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Bruce is almost 60, he's not going to change.

If anything he'll get even more cautious the worse things get because that is what he feels comfortable with.

Safety, experienced heads, defense before attack, and if that doesn't work, even more caution.

Â