Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

What a load of cobblers. Who bought Chester, Kodjia and Jedinak? We'd probably be in league one by now if it weren't from them. It's taken Bruce more than 6 months to get anything worthwhile from Hourihane, whereas Hogan, Lansbury and Thor still haven't done jack shit.

PS. forgot Adomah, who also was a RDM signing, and where would we be without his goals this season I wonder!? 

For every chester he brought a elphick, for the kodjia he brought a almost 30 year old McCormack. He wasted 5m on tishbola bruce Acquired hourihane and lansbury for less.

Di matteo brought the crappy gollini while bruce brought Johnstone in on loan and smartly used the loan market also adding onomah and snodgrass. Then there is terry...

You was saying?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For every chester he brought a elphick, for the kodjia he brought a almost 30 year old McCormack. He wasted 5m on tishbola bruce Acquired hourihane and lansbury for less.

Di matteo brought the crappy gollini while bruce brought Johnstone in on loan and smartly used the loan market also adding onomah and snodgrass. Then there is terry...

You was saying?

Yes, and I'm still saying... Without RDMs signings we'd be in league one now. Bruce has in comparison signed far worse and spent more. Also he's been given two transfer windows, and ppl are still crying we need to sign more players. But hey I'm just manipulating facts.

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Grealish?!

Grealish doesn't hold on to the ball, he feigns to do something with it then gets pushed off and tackled, he also offers nothing defensively either from open play or set pieces - if you're protecting a one goal lead the last thing you need is Grealish christ alive man.

No, you're right, De Laet is not a 'natural RM' but he's been doing a good job there over the past 4-5 weeks when he's been brought on, you wouldn't start him there but again, going into the last 10 minutes protecting a one goal lead away from home it made sense.

But no, let's go for the Ozzie Ardiles approach, one goal up away from home and bring on all the attacking players, I'm starting to see now why people don't like Bruce, what we want is to win every game by 5 goals and play with 8 attackers right?

Haven't got an issue with the subs. But have to disagree with this. Grealish is superb at keeping the ball. His pass completion rate is fantastic. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Yes, and I'm still saying... Without RDMs signings we'd be in league one now. Bruce has in comparison signed far worse and spent more. Also he's been given two transfer windows, and ppl are still crying we need to sign more players. But hey I'm just manipulating facts.

Rdms only decent signings for me were adomah, Chester, kodjia and jedinak (when not injured) hogan was Bruce's most expensive flop but I think the rest were signed on smaller fees. If rdm had to work on a much smaller budget I think he would massively struggle. He was given a huge budget and wasted it on a lot of garbage

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Just a point to add ......poch is keen to see a more defensive side to Josh's game so maybe SB is working on this with him, hence keeping him on......just a thought.

F**** Poch

Onomah should be played where he is best suited, not for him to „learn from his mistakes“ here costing us goals and points.

:P

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Suprised by that stat. I wonder what classes as a long ball and a short pass? Maybe a dink up to Davies to hold the ball up is something in between. We'd be top of that. 

Yeah, not sure - maybe a long ball has to be an attempted pass rather than a clearance (8th most clearances on average)?

I think it does highlight that we don't keep the ball that much.  Our passing is generally low and we try to be very direct - so high crosses and through balls, but low passes overall. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You've got a massive hard on for the way I worded that so I'm going to retract it, if that's ok? 

Trent

Massive Hard on

Plug

Pulled

DDID retracting

Shudder at the thought

Please Ddid, I‘m eating atm

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, not sure - maybe a long ball has to be an attempted pass rather than a clearance (8th most clearances on average)?

I think it does highlight that we don't keep the ball that much.  Our passing is generally low and we try to be very direct - so high crosses and through balls, but low passes overall. 

Agree and it's my main concern with Bruce because we tend to give possession back too quickly against better teams.

But when direct is so effective like it was on Saturday it's not so much of an issue. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree and it's my main concern with Bruce because we tend to give possession back too quickly against better teams.

But when direct is so effective like it was on Saturday it's not so much of an issue. 

I'm not too fussed about a lack of possession if it works (which it generally is now), but I think we're pretty boring to watch on the whole.  Dull but effective does seem to sum up a Steve Bruce team.

That said, as we've gained confidence with better results, I think we have been slightly more adventurous - and long may that attitude continue.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Where the F have you been for the past 6 months cos it sure as shit hasn't been in here?

I know right? I literally had to leave the place because despite my own opinions towards him it was **** unbearable. 

He has turned it around. Fair play to him. Why is that so hard to accept? This isn't a competition, it doesn't mean anyone was 'wrong'. 

Haha brilliant.

I don‘t know what this is suppose to mean

How would you feel if the Nazi's had won the 'Battle of Britain'

Well since we „won“ and they „lost“ they have had not only built up a better economy (with that a higher standard of living) and won the world cup 4 times to our 1

and America never entered the war? 

and guess which nation was supplying the „Naughty boys“ with fuel addatives (and continued to do so whilst showing the Italo‘s where the reverse lights were) and pretending to help the French?

Or, more aptly, what if Steve Bruce hadn't scored two goals in injury time in 1993 to turn the tide in the title race? 

For that he was a „word removed“ and will always remain so

Disclaimer - Him scoring 2 goals late on in a game has absolutely no relevance to his ability - or lack of it - however you wish to see it - as a manager

I could go on......

please dont

Trump & Corbyn will be next

If's, but's and maybe's. 

like winning or losing

Fact is we won, we won a tough game comfortably (in reality) away from home  

you were doing great till

and are doing okay in the league.

this^

And yet, still going round and round on Bruce remaining as Manager.

Yeah some people stick to their beliefs.

for example

I change my underwear daily, sometimes twice, not my mind....

.....where have you taken this thread?

I had to scroll back up on m iphone for 10mins to find out!

So we‘re in the Bruce thread - that means Bruce won the BoB despite being American and in 1893 he didnt score any goals because he was too busy eating a kebab with gaby leaning on McC‘s gate

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Without someone else managing them we'd be in league one now.

Perhaps, but it's impossible to know, how, when and/or if RDM would've turned it around given more time. Fwiw I thought at the time it was the correct decision to let him go. However, my point still stands, without these KEY players signed by him, we'd be nowhere. Naturally I still think Bruce has done terribly as a whole thus far, but I do give him some credit for stabilizing the situation lately, seeing as we aren't in league one. We are at the moment doing okay, but I'll reserve final judgement until we've performed like we did last Saturday against some of the top half teams if you don't mind.

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has turned it around. Fair play to him. Why is that so hard to accept? This isn't a competition, it doesn't mean anyone was 'wrong'.

Fine if you believe this, I don't. I guess it all depends on how we define "turned it around". We're moving in the right direction, I'll give you that much.

• Like 1

Just now, vreitti said:

Fine if you believe this, I don't. I guess it all depends on how we define "turned it around". We're moving in the right direction, I'll give you that much.

a few posts ago DDIT was definately moving in the right direction -> retracting

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I honestly think you've got the wrong guy. Before a couple of weeks back I hadn't posted for months. I think the last time I did I was calling for his head. 

Well there we have it, no wonder the results have picked up lately!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

yes

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

my concern is

How bad were QPR or how good were we.

One has to admit, some, most of their attempts to play out from the GK were either risky or just plain stupid. A better team or a better instructed team would have found a better way out from the back.

Â