Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Wagner :lol:  

Last year, he was a complete unknown and I'm sure if you'd have asked everyone if they wanted him or Bruce, most would have chosen Bruce.  

But now he's done very well with Huddersfield, we're still in the Championship with not much improvement - suddenly he would have taken us up without a sweat.

Gimme a ****' break. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you maybe missing the point.

You have made your claims and I had my doubts, but I as time as past I have warmed to your opinions.

He comes out in an interview ( and I haven't heard by the way) and the non supporters of him.....are hanging off every negative to prove their point or have a go.

The bloke is probably close to the tin tack and is trying to be as honest as he can.....are we to kick a man when he's down.

sorry, Terry......I will wait to see the results and make my claim, not on what he says in interviews, even if i disagree with the comments.

but yes you are entitled to your stance and the nature of support as you put it.

He is so far honest.

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Wagner :lol:  

Last year, he was a complete unknown and I'm sure if you'd have asked everyone if they wanted him or Bruce, most would have chosen Bruce.  

But now he's done very well with Huddersfield, we're still in the Championship with not much improvement - suddenly he would have taken us up without a sweat.

Gimme a ****' break. 

Something along the lines of: 'He's got no managerial experience, too big a risk waaa etc'. 

Shortly followed by 'booooooooooooooooooooo!' 

And then 'We need someone with proven success at this level!'

*shoots self in head*

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Something along the lines of: 'He's got no managerial experience, too big a risk waaa etc'. 

Shortly followed by 'booooooooooooooooooooo!' 

And then 'We need someone with proven success at this level!'

*shoots self in head*

So, if we had gone for Wagner and it failed......The line would then be Bruce was available with 4 promotions from this league, one last season, what are we playing at.

Guys, There is no winning at times......Its all Hindsight and that is a wonderful thing.

We are where we are and we have to make the most of it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Actually I didn't want Wagner and hindsight is great but to those gleefully slamming Villa fans there actually WERE a lot of people on here and at the ground who fancied him.

Without hindsight.

Thats fair enough.....I had never heard of him, but so what.

who is gleefully slamming Villa Fans?, Terry

Ps I wanted Rafa before he came to Newcastle, but Hey ho!

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I wanted Wagner and I definitely didn't want Bruce. I felt Wagner was progressive and Bruce was yesterday's man.

Wagner had a plan, Bruce was a nice bloke. I felt that we needed a coached plan, more than an arm round the shoulder.

Almost a year later we still need a plan, and Bruce doesn't have one.

"Wagner had a plan" - what does that even mean?  What plan?  Who for?  He was coaching Huddersfield at the time, they had a good start.  But he finished 19th with them the year before.  Bruce was available and as has been said a billion times, had promotions on his CV, even very recently.

So, if it was your money, your MILLIONS of pounds in money, who would you employ? 

The bloke who had 1 half season in charge (he was employed by Huddersfield in Nov 15), and finished 19th with them, and who had a win % of 34.8% managing Borussia Dortmunds SECOND team for 4 seasons. 

OR;

The bloke who was available, had very recently took teams up, has (presumably) good knowledge of the league, has a history and a decent name in English football, but you could say (and I'd argue against it) that he's a bit old.

And Huddersfield majorly slipped up towards the end of the season, almost falling out of the play offs. 

I don't even know or understand what you mean by "Bruce was a nice bloke" or "I felt we needed a coached plan, more than an arm around the shoulder" or "a year on, we still need a plan, Bruce doesn't have one"

You don't know if any of that is true.  Of course there will be plans, hopefully to win all the games 10-0 and everyone creams their pants - but football isn't that predictable (thankfully). 

I'm sick of the **** guff written on here, emotively written in absolutes.  It makes you (not you personally) look like a moron.  And (as if I have to say this) I say that as someone who thinks we're under performing.

I do however think that we'll get better as the season progresses.  

Sometimes on this site, you get a herd mentality.  Someone says one thing and loads of others are like "yea, I think that too!!" and then you get the other side, and then both sides become more stubborn, then it becomes more prickly because it's the same day and there's still 5 days left to the next game and then you get the "I told you so's", and they're knobs and it grows so tiresome and boring.  No one is really willing to change their minds about anything because being right is more important than what's happening. 

Yes, I'm better than you :P  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you maybe missing the point.

You have made your claims and I had my doubts, but I as time as past I have warmed to your opinions.

He comes out in an interview ( and I haven't heard by the way) and the non supporters of him.....are hanging off every negative to prove their point or have a go.

The bloke is probably close to the tin tack and is trying to be as honest as he can.....are we to kick a man when he's down.

sorry, Terry......I will wait to see the results and make my claim, not on what he says in interviews, even if i disagree with the comments.

but yes you are entitled to your stance and the nature of support as you put it.

The 17 minute press conference is on YouTube tro - grab a bottle of whiskey ; put your best hat on and take a view ;)

Far be it for me to tell you how to approach things, but I think patience with managers does get rewarded.

It may be better with the manager after Bruce, but give them a bit of time.

When Lee Johnson came in he said he wanted 3 transfer windows to get his squad and style of play. 

We saw glimpses of what he wanted last season, and started well before a desperately awful run of form which would have seen most managers sacked. But now we have started this season just as well as we did last year.

But the crucial difference between this season and the start of last year is that the results are more deserved than what we had last year.

I'm not getting carried away and expect we will just be mid table, and of course, things could take a terrible turn again, and if we have a run like last years then he should go as it would show he hasnt learnt from last time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

"Wagner had a plan" - what does that even mean?  What plan?  Who for?  He was coaching Huddersfield at the time, they had a good start.  But he finished 19th with them the year before.  Bruce was available and as has been said a billion times, had promotions on his CV, even very recently.

So, if it was your money, your MILLIONS of pounds in money, who would you employ? 

The bloke who had 1 half season in charge (he was employed by Huddersfield in Nov 15), and finished 19th with them, and who had a win % of 34.8% managing Borussia Dortmunds SECOND team for 4 seasons. 

OR;

The bloke who was available, had very recently took teams up, has (presumably) good knowledge of the league, has a history and a decent name in English football, but you could say (and I'd argue against it) that he's a bit old.

And Huddersfield majorly slipped up towards the end of the season, almost falling out of the play offs. 

I don't even know or understand what you mean by "Bruce was a nice bloke" or "I felt we needed a coached plan, more than an arm around the shoulder" or "a year on, we still need a plan, Bruce doesn't have one"

You don't know if any of that is true.  Of course there will be plans, hopefully to win all the games 10-0 and everyone creams their pants - but football isn't that predictable (thankfully). 

I'm sick of the **** guff written on here, emotively written in absolutes.  It makes you (not you personally) look like a moron.  And (as if I have to say this) I say that as someone who thinks we're under performing.

I do however think that we'll get better as the season progresses.  

Sometimes on this site, you get a herd mentality.  Someone says one thing and loads of others are like "yea, I think that too!!" and then you get the other side, and then both sides become more stubborn, then it becomes more prickly because it's the same day and there's still 5 days left to the next game and then you get the "I told you so's", and they're knobs and it grows so tiresome and boring.  No one is really willing to change their minds about anything because being right is more important than what's happening. 

Yes, I'm better than you :P  

From The Heart.:D

• Haha 1

Just now, VillaCas said:

Your memory must be failing you TRO - Not hindsight - I hardly posted about anything else other than getting Wagner on board at the time

No I am not saying that.....because his first season he finished 19th I think

I am talking about how a good bet it now looks......If he failed miserably, would you have come out and mentioned him?

Â