Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

West Ham fans are generally a deluded bunch of idiots who still go on about Bobby Moore and how they 'won the world cup'. This 'West Ham way' idea is a complete nonsense and shows them up as totally unrealistic and entitled. 

It's bad enough we keep going on about our European Cup win, I don't want us to be anything like them in any other way. 

You don't 'deserve' anything in football, you earn it and this 'big club' crap has to stop because it's so counterproductive. 

Bit of a rambling rant here, sorry. 

I totally agree. Just because we are a big club and we were a successful one in the past, does not give us the right to be anywhere. This club has been awful for years, on and off the pitch. In my view, we were really lucky to not be relegated a lot sooner.

Every time I hear the...'but we're Aston Villa' line wheeled out, I just cringe.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Super-Villan said:

That banner was mainly meant as a joke. Though I don't think calling for Bruce to go in any way makes the fans look like fools. A 3-0 win against Barnsley is neither here in the grand scheme of things (ie nearly 12 months of crap). If fans have changed their minds and want him to stay just because of one win then they really are fickle. It would take a sustained run of very good form to even start changing my mind on him.

I dont particularly wnat bruce here but eve i admit having a banner after a 3-0 win makes us look foolish. If we lose the next two then yes there is a case for a banner as we would be flopping miserably 

I am more interested in gwtting behind the team and getting back tto i back wins for first time this season than having a banner producing more negatively. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I totally agree. Just because we are a big club and we were a successful one in the past, does not give us the right to be anywhere. This club has been awful for years, on and off the pitch. In my view, we were really lucky to not be relegated a lot sooner.

Every time I hear the...'but we're Aston Villa' line wheeled out, I just cringe.  

Sadly I agree; one league title and one fa cup in the last 100 years suggests we are not as big as we like to think ; and though the European Cup was a great time for those of us around at the era it was 35 years ago . 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont particularly wnat bruce here but eve i admit having a banner after a 3-0 win makes us look foolish. If we lose the next two then yes there is a case for a banner as we would be flopping miserably 

I am more interested in gwtting behind the team and getting back tto i back wins for first time this season than having a banner producing more negatively. 

Tomorrow is a huge game for us - we need a run of league wins and with burton and Bolton to come this is our chance to get back in the pack .

The result is the be all and end all tomorrow .

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Tomorrow is a huge game for us - we need a run of league wins and with burton and Bolton to come this is our chance to get back in the pack .

The result is the be all and end all tomorrow .

It is. Oct is a tough month we need to be taking advantage of these winnable games 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

When you frequently call sections of fans 'hysterical' then you are only going to set yourself up to fail. From here on in it's going to be a tit for tat scenario and Bruce will come out the loser. Really ridiculous from Bruce in the first place.

It is simply a soundbite, to deflect attention from him to the fans. 11 months, millions spent and still struggling to win games and play football. If Steve was as good at setting up a team as he is at producing soundbites, we'd storm the league.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I cringe when I read posts like this because we as fans should expect more given the resources we have (which is part and parcel of being a big club). There's a disturbing lack of standards among some fans and it's no surprise that those with such low standards are the ones more likely to back the abysmal job that Bruce is doing.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dick said:

It is simply a soundbite, to deflect attention from him to the fans. 11 months, millions spent and still struggling to win games and play football. If Steve was as good at setting up a team as he is at producing soundbites, we'd storm the league.

He's just winging it to be honest, no plan, no clue. The soundbites are all about protecting his position when he eventually gets the sack, he is carving out a narrative to run with. 

• Like 3

I was pretty much Bruce out, but the moment he turned on the fans cemented that for me. Can't handle people pointing out facts. Shit football, spent loads, can't get shots on target, team look all over the place. If you cannot take criticism, **** off.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Plus a european cup. And 5 League Cups.

I Am well aware of that having been at 5 of those trophy wins.

we were a big club but the last 20 years have seen us overtaken by the likes of Chelsea and man city - too many still are living on past reputation

Just now, Eastie said:

I Am well aware of that having been at 5 of those trophy wins.

we were a big club but the last 20 years have seen us overtaken by the likes of Chelsea and man city - too many still are living on past reputation

I agree, I just felt you were selling us short :) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I cringe when I read posts like this because we as fans should expect more given the resources we have (which is part and parcel of being a big club). There's a disturbing lack of standards among some fans and it's no surprise that those with such low standards are the ones more likely to back the abysmal job that Bruce is doing.

Firstly, I'm not sure any amount of fans 'expecting' certain outcomes is going to bring them about.

Cheering good play and shouting Bruce out, is about as much influence as you're ever likely to have, unless you buy they club and lead us back to the promised land.

Shout all you like, we all do, but it surely can't come as any surprise, that what we want and what we get as football fans, are rarely the same thing.

For example, do you think Leeds fans have low expectations? Of course they don't, but along with one or two other 'big clubs', they've been hanging around at this level for years. No amount of them expecting to be higher up the divisions has made any difference.

Having money to spend may raise fans' hopes, but you're a mug if you allow it to raise your expectations!

22 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Firstly, I'm not sure any amount of fans 'expecting' certain outcomes is going to bring them about.

Cheering good play and shouting Bruce out, is about as much influence as you're ever likely to have, unless you buy they club and lead us back to the promised land.

Shout all you like, we all do, but it surely can't come as any surprise, that what we want and what we get as football fans, are rarely the same thing.

For example, do you think Leeds fans have low expectations? Of course they don't, but along with one or two other 'big clubs', they've been hanging around at this level for years. No amount of them expecting to be higher up the divisions has made any difference.

Having money to spend may raise fans' hopes, but you're a mug if you allow it to raise your expectations!

So we shouldn't raise expectations if we spend big sums of money on apparently standout players for this level? What a load of unmitigated nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So we shouldn't raise expectations if we spend big sums of money on apparently standout players for this level? What a load of unmitigated nonsense.

You Mr Pangloss, can expect all you like, but you are likely to be disappointed because you are merely a fan - that's my point.

Interesting is his press conference today he says last season was all about staying in the division - in that case why on his arrival was he talking up our promotion hopes saying how he’d arrived at a later stage at brum and got promoted.

He sure loves to move the goalposts .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â