Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What have West Ham got to do with it?  :blush:

Well West Ham fans more than anyone else seem to be more concerned about playing style than actual points. The West Ham Way and all that nonsense...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bobzy said:

I'm 100% certain that win, lose or draw, this particular part of our forum will be littered with the usual anti-Steve Bruce crap.

Get your posting boots ready!

And after 2 windows, 40 games and 11 months of sh#t,  I'm 100% certain that after another boring and cowardly display tomorrow, this particular part of our forum will still see some people posting with the usual 'needs more time' crap.

34 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What have West Ham got to do with it?  :blush:

Because they have wrongly or rightly always been portrayed as playing the game in the right manner - I believe it goes back to when Ron Greenwood was in charge?

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

this particular part of our forum will still see some people posting with the usual 'needs more time' crap.

Is this actually happening?

Even @TRO is caving these days. I don't think anyone has been claiming he needs more time for a while now.

• Like 1

Just now, av1 said:

Well there are certainly some that don't want him sacked. 

Very few.

Like I said earlier, this thread has been almost unanimous for weeks now that bruce needs to go. There are still one or two posters who don't want Bruce sacked, but I feel like the especially anti-Bruce posters are creating this siege mentality where they believe everyone is against them and the majority of VT want Bruce to stay.

There's people in this thread defending Bruce on certain things. Myself included. But that doesn't mean they want Bruce to stay. It just means they don't see absolutely everything that the manager does as negative. It's not black and white.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

Well West Ham fans more than anyone else seem to be more concerned about playing style than actual points. The West Ham Way and all that nonsense...

This is correct, its why allardyce got the ass

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Super-Villan said:

Be absolutely stupid to do after we beat barnsley 3-0. Im not saying i dont want him out but having banners ojt at this stag would make us look like fools

Edited by Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Be absolutely stupid to do after we beat barnsley 3-0. Im not saying i dont want him out but having banners ojt at this stag would make us look like fools

I agree wait til we lose 0-2 to Forest

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Very few.

Like I said earlier, this thread has been almost unanimous for weeks now that bruce needs to go. There are still one or two posters who don't want Bruce sacked, but I feel like the especially anti-Bruce posters are creating this siege mentality where they believe everyone is against them and the majority of VT want Bruce to stay.

There's people in this thread defending Bruce on certain things. Myself included. But that doesn't mean they want Bruce to stay. It just means they don't see absolutely everything that the manager does as negative. It's not black and white.

the funny thing is, i am yet to meet in person a villa fan that wants him gone! me and all my pals just cant see anyone better that we could realistically get and who we genuinely think would improve us.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah having banners saying Bruce out will really help us not lose the game 2-0 won't it? 

No I was having a joke I meant the game after we lose 0-2 to Forest

Edited by Villan_of_oz

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is this actually happening?

Even @TRO is caving these days. I don't think anyone has been claiming he needs more time for a while now.

I think the confusion comes from off topic, where somebody suggested Bruce needs more thyme for his kebab mixture.

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the funny thing is, i am yet to meet in person a villa fan that wants him gone! me and all my pals just cant see anyone better that we could realistically get and who we genuinely think would improve us.

Well that is certainly funny :) , and very much the opposite to me as I haven’t spoken in person to any villa fan who wants him to stay , we don’t all agree on who should replace him however.

Edited by Eastie

That banner was mainly meant as a joke. Though I don't think calling for Bruce to go in any way makes the fans look like fools. A 3-0 win against Barnsley is neither here in the grand scheme of things (ie nearly 12 months of crap). If fans have changed their minds and want him to stay just because of one win then they really are fickle. It would take a sustained run of very good form to even start changing my mind on him.

• Like 1

West Ham fans are generally a deluded bunch of idiots who still go on about Bobby Moore and how they 'won the world cup'. This 'West Ham way' idea is a complete nonsense and shows them up as totally unrealistic and entitled. 

It's bad enough we keep going on about our European Cup win, I don't want us to be anything like them in any other way. 

You don't 'deserve' anything in football, you earn it and this 'big club' crap has to stop because it's so counterproductive. 

Bit of a rambling rant here, sorry. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, av1 said:

And after 2 windows, 40 games and 11 months of sh#t,  I'm 100% certain that after another boring and cowardly display tomorrow, this particular part of our forum will still see some people posting with the usual 'needs more time' crap.

No-one is saying that, but ok! :detect: 

Â