Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think fans even care about cohesive, fluid attacking football. We just want promotion. We were awful first half against Barnsley and look how happy fans were. 

We are grateful for small mercies.....but the Fluid, cohesive football sheepy talks about will at some stage be required, to acheive REAL progress.

smash and grab football will only take you so far....its short termism and yes it can get results.....but the quality of play on the pitch is the tell tale sign.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

We are grateful for small mercies.....but the Fluid, cohesive football sheepy talks about will at some stage be required, to acheive REAL progress.

smash and grab football will only take you so far....its short termism and yes it can get results.....but the quality of play on the pitch is the tell tale sign.

Results are the tell tale sign .

• Sad 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Results are the tell tale sign .

I would say Results are the Answer......I think what was alluded to, is you can only wing it so much.....we need to see quality play.

Just now, TRO said:

I would say Results are the Answer......I think what was alluded to, is you can only wing it so much.....we need to see quality play.

Preferably both but I’d take the result ahead of the performance every time .

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce is in full self preservation mode now, the lies are flowing and every time he opens his mouth all he is doing is trying to manage the coming fall out for when the inevitable happens and he is sacked.

BeSides his comment the aim was staying in the division last season I also noticed  his comment today that there’s been a lot of doom  and gloom in recent weeks  and rightly so ?

Seems to change with the wind or maybe someone has had a word about criticising the fans ?

Edited by Eastie

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Is this actually happening?

Even @TRO is caving these days. I don't think anyone has been claiming he needs more time for a while now.

I'm not caving Stevo, but you can only defend a manager so much.....Gelling and time to blend is a legitimate claim, but it can only be valid for so long.

I think we have a 4-4-2 line up that should get us promotion on paper.....but we must apply ourselves in order to fulfill those expectations.

• 11 Fully committed players
  • No passengers
  • A bench that is impressive and competitive
  • A desire to win the game in hand
  • A togetherness that is apparent
  • A work ethic that is tangible
  • players chasing lost causes
  • players winning aerial balls to gain the assertion/upper hand

Only then will the reputations on paper manifest itself in to good results.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I'm not caving Stevo, but you can only defend a manager so much.....Gelling and time to blend is a legitimate claim, but it can only be valid for so long.

I think we have a 4-4-2 line up that should get us promotion on paper.....but we must apply ourselves in order to fulfill those expectations.

• 11 Fully committed players
  • No passengers
  • A bench that is impressive and competitive
  • A desire to win the game in hand
  • A togetherness that is apparent
  • A work ethic that is tangible
  • players chasing lost causes
  • players winning aerial balls to gain the assertion/upper hand

Only then will the reputations on paper manifest itself in to good results.

Do the trokey cokey then you turn around - that’s what it’s all about Oi ;)

• Like 1

I am heading to Italy and venice after tomorrow’s game and will miss the burton and Bolton games but hope on my return next weekend that we are up in the top 6 and back in the hunt -if we are not with a 2 week international break ahead then Bruce will surely depart .

Edited by Eastie
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

Usually the teams that play the best football, to a formation and playing style that suits the players will be there or there abouts, you dont normally get teams who lack cohesion and style anywhere near.

Edited by mykeyb
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce is in full self preservation mode now, the lies are flowing and every time he opens his mouth all he is doing is trying to manage the coming fall out for when the inevitable happens and he is sacked.

Sadly( IMO of course, but i would say that with any manager) but I think you are right.

I am just concerned it will affect our play.

• Like 2

It’s only now he feels we can play two up top and play attacking expansive football? 

If that’s the case why haven’t you started to try and imply this attacking style into our games? He admitted we got lucky with the first goal, we aren’t going to get lucky every weekend. 

Edited by Lord Willard

26 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Interesting is his press conference today he says last season was all about staying in the division

It's laughable it really is.

We spent upwards of 50 million quid that season i very much think our ambition was to get promoted, he was basically appointed as a short term solution to get the club up that season and he failed miserably.

7 months on and we have not improved at all and because of this he should be sacked... It isn't rocket science.

I think we can all agree that Bruce is not the long term solution.

if were stuck down here for years to come which is looking probable thanks to the naivety shown by members of our board then we should give a younger manager with tactical nouse and a clear footballing style a chance to build.

i've had enough of this kick and rush shit which is failing to get the best out of the players and i'm sure Hogan agrees.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Sadly I agree; one league title and one fa cup in the last 100 years suggests we are not as big as we like to think ; and though the European Cup was a great time for those of us around at the era it was 35 years ago . 

We ARE a big club. It does not mean we have a right to anything, that will have to be earned, but, you can re-write history, but you cannot change it.

We simply are what we are, a big club, fallen on hard times. We need a bit more attitude down in this division.

44 minutes ago, TRO said:

The problem right now is smash and grab isn't even getting us results! 

At last Bruce says something I can agree with.

Having spent a year saying his selection, tactics, and style are all about a fear of losing I finally hear him admitting it.

What further reason does Tony need to get rid ? What a waste of everybody's time, support, patience and money.

• Like 1

Â