Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Oh please be true!!

This will be the best news of 2018!

I can't see him staying. The squad is going to get sold from under his feet. I'm very reluctant to say I'd like him to quit, because I'm afraid of who we  may bring in. I don't trust any of those clowns to make a good decision on who to bring in. 

47 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Oh please be true!!

This will be the best news of 2018!

Be careful what you wish for...

I think some fans are in for a rude awakening when you see who they bring in instead. Don't see how anyone can think we can bring in a quality manager under these circumstances.

All managers in jobs wont be considered because we don't have the cash to tempt them. I would not be suprised if they just took the easy route to save money and gave it to calderwood. That woukd be a complete disaster and relegation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think some fans are in for a rude awakening when you see who they bring in instead. Don't see how anyone can think we can bring in a quality manager under these circumstances.

All managers in jobs wont be considered because we don't have the cash to tempt them. I would not be suprised if they just took the easy route to save money and gave it to calderwood. That woukd be a complete disaster and relegation.

Weren’t you one of those that were embarrassed by the relegation thread? 

My head thinks Bruce should stay. My heart wants him long gone. 

Bruce will need to think long and hard about joining Leeds, I mean if he thinks it's bad here, well can he realistically expect to be in that job for longer than a season going on their track record with managers? Probably easier to stick it out here for the meanwhile, especially as expectations are dampened.

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think that's a bit of an overreaction Dem.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but even if we sold Grealish, Chester, Kodjia and a couple of the squad players, I still think we're a pretty big pull for many managers. Even if we were left with only a handful of our current senior 'experienced' players, we still have a lot of promising youngsters for a manager to work with, and there will of course be a budget to replace the outgoing players with frees, loans or bargain basement buys. Mark Warburton, for example, is a decent, young manager with a good reputation that I could see coming to us and relishing the chance to spark Villa's revival.

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Weren’t you one of those that were embarrassed by the relegation thread? 

My head thinks Bruce should stay. My heart wants him long gone. 

Was that post posted before or after all this happened? Oh thats right it was before 

Obviously we were not heading for adminstration or selling the whole squad before that thread was created. It was embarassing at the time as it was mere few days after the defeat and befire all this crap came into place.

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but even if we sold Grealish, Chester, Kodjia and a couple of the squad players, I still think we're a pretty big pull for many managers. Even if we were left with only a handful of our current senior 'experienced' players, we still have a lot of promising youngsters for a manager to work with, and there will of course be a budget to replace the outgoing players with frees, loans or bargain basement buys. Mark Warburton, for example, is a decent, young manager with a good reputation that I could see coming to us and relishing the chance to spark Villa's revival.

I dont think it is at at all rob. You have just described near enough the core of the team being sold, then the fact we have no cash, potentially heading for administration with a minus 12  points to start the season with. What better manager better than bruce will come in under those circumstances?

25 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bruce will need to think long and hard about joining Leeds, I mean if he thinks it's bad here, well can he realistically expect to be in that job for longer than a season going on their track record with managers? 

A season? The average at Elland Road is about a month! 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I sadly think you are too optimistic. Unproven youngsters, selling core of the team and no budget is not going to attract anybody decent

We will be stuck with another Lambert oh wait he is currently unemployed

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Was that post posted before or after all this happened? Oh thats right it was before 

Obviously we were not heading for adminstration or selling the whole squad before that thread was created. It was embarassing at the time as it was mere few days after the defeat and befire all this crap came into place.

Maybe some of us appreciated how much difficulty we could be in financially without having the media spell it out for us. Yes nobody expected it to be as bad as it but it didn’t take a genius to know our current wage bill wasn’t sustainable without parachute payments. 

Well at least you no longer feel embarrassed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Some reports this morning bruce is ready to quit. Cant blame him its a complete shambles.

Can't see who the hell is going to want to come in these conditions.

I couldn’t find these reports. Do you have any links?

Bruce is a competent manager at Championship level, but does anyone really think the challenges and job we will be facing next season is in the areas he will shine?

Little or no money for transfers or salaries, building a new team using a lot of youngsters and creating a way of playing that is sustainable over a period of time so we can maybe challenge in a few seasons even thou our best players will be poached.

It will be loans and experienced oldies from the black book, one season at a time with no regard for the next one.

Whenever he leaves he will leave us with nothing to build from.

He has qualities, but they are not the ones we need the most now.

I'm pretty sure he want's to leave (don't blame him) so I'm guessing it's just a chicken race over staying until he's sacked or how long he can wait to sign for another club. 

The new club would not want to pay compensation, and neither do we. Hopefully we can get a mutual cancellation and move on.

Next season will be very difficult for whoever is in charge.

I maintain we have to move in another direction than Bruce.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe some of us appreciated how much difficulty we could be in financially without having the media spell it out for us. Yes nobody expected it to be as bad as it but it didn’t take a genius to know our current wage bill wasn’t sustainable without parachute payments. 

Well at least you no longer feel embarrassed. 

It's  a real shame your post was made to be more "like i told you so" when at the time it was overly negative as you say it dint take a rocket scientist under our wages

So you knew jedinak was on 50k a week and lansbury was on 40k a week? Of course you did.

51 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

@Demitri_C Just look at the other teams in the league that have put together competitive sides on a shoestring. Even the unwashed down the road managed to put together a play-off push with a team of frees and loans! (Until they showed Rowett the curb).

Look at Preston and how much their players have cost, and where they finished in the league! Daniel Johnson is their starting midfielder, who we let go.

Following on from that, and regarding our youngsters, Jordan Graham was playing regularly at Wolves (until they started spending the Fosun cash), who we let go. Callum Robinson is a regular at Preston, again, who we let go. Bennett and Hogg were deemed not good enough, and they've both achieved promotion while we've continued with buying the 'tried and tested' players on high wages. 'Tried and Failed', is more accurate.

Just because our youngsters have previously not hit the heights, in terms of performance, of experienced pros like Snodgrass or Kodjia, does not mean that they're all of a sudden League 2 quality. Green, Hepburn-Murphy, O'Hare, Davies, Steer, Bree & Doyle-Hayes could all be part of competitive Championship sides, providing they had some experienced heads alongside them. The trick that any Villa manager will have this season, will be successfully integrating them with some experience - of which we'll still have plenty, because let's face it, we're not going to be able to shift BOTH of Whelan and Jedinak, and I'd hazard a guess that McCormack won't be going anywhere, and if reports are to be believed, Hutton could stay on a reduced contract.

To some people I'm probably too optimistic, but for me, I just don't think that we're all of a sudden going to become relegation fodder just because we're losing Chester, Grealish, Snodgrass, Johnstone and Kodjia.

I admire the positive side but if this current squad couldnt do it I can't see how a side without the owns mentioned will be anywhere near able to compete rob.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It's  a real shame your post was made to be more "like i told you so" when at the time it was overly negative as you say it dint take a rocket scientist under our wages

So you knew jedinak was on 50k a week and lansbury was on 40k a week? Of course you did.

Lots of people knew they were on crazy money

Â