Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I don’t see Bruce staying now - he left hull for financial reasons - and this is much worse - the talk of major changes and nothing to say Bruce will lead us through this suggests to me a Bruce departure is imminent . 

‘Maybe steve will release his own statement ?

Could well do. After all he’s done and the way he powered through his bereavements, maybe they’re just leaving the gun on his desk, so to speak. Do him the courtesy of an honourable exit. 

Then again, with money short, would firing him cost us further? Or is he on a rolling contract? 

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I don’t see Bruce staying now - he left hull for financial reasons - and this is much worse - the talk of major changes and nothing to say Bruce will lead us through this suggests to me a Bruce departure is imminent . 

‘Maybe steve will release his own statement ?

Agree. Definitely sounded like a 'Thanks for trying but time to move in different direction' type comment re SB. This was DR T's best opportunity to fully support SB and back him into this new challenging era - he hasn't and I believe that speaks volumes. I will be surprised if SB is still manager by the end of the week. 

4 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

thats the thing though SB was specifically brought in as a short term fix to get us up.  

it/he hasnt worked to that end and due to ffp next season will be another rebuild regardless of who is in charge.

As we are coming into a time of severe austerity a short term fix to me at least is no longer an option and SB is not the man to instill a new era of longetivity and forward planning.  i can say this with some certainty as he has never done it in his career but has had opportunity.

As a club as the highest level we need to decide what type of club we want to be and start putting structures in place to build to that end.  there is no evidence of ' a villa way' to date. the u23 side dont play the same style as the 1st team making integration harder than it should be.

We need to pick a style and apply it from grass roots to 1st team and choose our coaches and our players based on that style.  i think anything short of this will either see us remain in the 2nd tier for a very long time or become a yoyo club.  i dont fancy us being that so id rather we stop now and accept some mediocity while we build something sustainable for the future than continue being an also ran.

Yes indeed. The best analogy I can think of, and apologies that it’s a bit rubbish, is Britain after the war. 

And I am embellishing for effect ,...

The bombed out industry of  the continent of Europe was totally rebuilt, which meant it was well planned, modern, efficient. Even managerial hierarchy was redefined.

In this country, much was repaired. Hence even to this day you go round the Midlands and elsewhere. ...and there are places band aided together, full of old and outdated architecture and plant.

So, grand old clubs like ours have hobbled along, no longer up there with the big boys, but also missing out on all the methods and innovations of the ‘ smaller’ sides.

It needs gutting and rebuilding properly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the opposite. I think he woukd ahve said bye to bruce in this statement. 

I think Bruce is staying 

So you think he would sack Bruce via a tweet?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the opposite. I think he woukd ahve said bye to bruce in this statement. 

I think Bruce is staying 

Could be either, couldnt it? What we really need is a statement from our owner to clarify the situatio.....oh, right!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think Bruce is staying 

I think he will he will leave it to steve Bruce to say his goodbyes but time will tell . 

‘Can’t see Bruce staying under such constraints with all the expectations and pressure he’s been under .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

So you think he would sack Bruce via a tweet?

Don’t think it will be sacking but a mutual decision and wouldn’t be surprised to see another statement from Bruce shortly . 

Xia also didn’t say JT had gone and the club issued a seperate statement on that - to me it looked like a thanks steve but now we need to rethink the future strategy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

More shit football to come then and based on the last two seasons, more failure to achieve promotion.

If Bruce is retained then more shit football to come. He knows no other way after over 20 years in management. However, if we find our Nuno then who knows what will happen!!!

• Like 1

Just now, pacbuddies said:

If Bruce is retained then more shit football to come. He knows no other way after over 20 years in management. However, if we find our Nuno then who knows what will happen!!!

Would Nuno have done as well without Mendez getting him players like Neves ? 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It would never happen here.

It would take more than a season, comfortably, to implement a whole new philosophy.

Smith and his team would be hounded out long before the seeds he planted began to sprout.

Probably.

It would take time but I reckon if fans could see improvements and where we were going the patience would be there. Maybe.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Nabby said:

He is a manager that plays football the right way. Agreed it helps if money is available but if the right structure is in place it will succeed in time.

My observation is that Bruce is straight after the wembley defeat SB said that he wanted Grealish to stay another year - and It was up to JT if he stayed.

In light of Dr T statement it would seem that SB had not fully understood the gravity of this situation - this is likely to have been stated to him now - and he is thinking on it and whether he want to continue. My hunch is that he will stay - but it is in doubt.

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Don’t think it will be sacking but a mutual decision and wouldn’t be surprised to see another statement from Bruce shortly . 

Xia also didn’t say JT had gone and the club issued a seperate statement on that - to me it looked like a thanks steve but now we need to rethink the future strategy 

100% in my view.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hippo said:

My observation is that Bruce is straight after the wembley defeat SB said that he wanted Grealish to stay another year - and It was up to JT if he stayed.

In light of Dr T statement it would seem that SB had not fully understood the gravity of this situation - this is likely to have been stated to him now - and he is thinking on it and whether he want to continue. My hunch is that he will stay - but it is in doubt.

I don't want him to stay. He failed with all the resources given to him by Xia. Now those resources are going to be severely trimmed why would anyone think his dinosaur approach is going to succeed next season.

15 minutes ago, Nabby said:

He'd have got us up automatically with players like Grealish.

Â