Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can we stop with the he got it right in the end, fair play for improving it comments. 

We got very lucky, simple as that. Until we got a couple of goals out of literally nothing there was going to be only one winner and even after the changes the Sheffield Wednesday reserves should have gone further ahead. 

We totally fluked it today, nothing more than that. 

Nah, let’s stop it with the desperation not to give him any credit instead. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But he didn’t play there for 7 matches did he? He played for like 2 and a half. 

Without looking back I'm pretty sure it was more than 2.5 but even if it was that's 2.5 times more than Whelan. 

Onomah shouldn’t play again this season no matter what financial loss is incurred by Villa. Any loss will pale into insignificance if Villa are promoted.

I’m sorry but my mate who is a Spurs fan told me he was useless and so it has come to pass.

Its not only his lack of ability but it’s his attitude as well. Stinks!!

Bruce must drop him from the squad and give his place to O’Hare.

Looks to me me like a Billy big bollocks without the bollocks.

Edited by striker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

My god, the tone of this thread is unbelievable. People completely unwilling to give the guy a break cos they went balls deep on “Bruce out” too soon.

Total nonsense. We are talking about the here and now. A lot of people have held their hands up. Can we just stop this 'I was right' stuff?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Nah, let’s stop it with the desperation not to give him any credit instead. 

I'm not desperate to give him no credit,  I'm just stating the facts. We were on the ropes for large portions of the second half. Our goals came from nowhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The formation made a difference but how does it excuse the complete lack of desire and fight first half? Second to every single ball. Running around like headless chickens. Watching them pass it around us from a corner. 

Steve Bruce must have gone absolutely mental half time.

We won and im happy.

But the players need to have a good long look at themselves after that 1st half because it was simply unacceptable. The thing Is can't even say the guilty parties should be dropped because they were all a shambles. (Apart from maybe Grabban).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

My god, the tone of this thread is unbelievable. People completely unwilling to give the guy a break cos they went balls deep on “Bruce out” too soon.

Bruce has made mistakes, which people are right to question. The moment we stop questioning mistakes, we might as well just accept everything that happens. Relegation to league 1? Sure. Lose 5 on the bounce? Sure. Lack of consistency? Sure.

Let’s not accept things without question. Debating what is wrong is what will make is stronger. We have to stop freaking out and getting upset about criticism, because if we want to be better we have to confront the bad and the good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The formation made a difference but how does it excuse the complete lack of desire and fight first half? Second to every single ball. Running around like headless chickens. Watching them pass it around us from a corner. 

Steve Bruce must have gone absolutely mental half time.

We won and im happy.

But the players need to have a good long look at themselves after that 1st half because it was simply unacceptable. The thing Is can't even say the guilty parties should be dropped because they were all a shambles. (Apart from maybe Grabban).

I agree. Very rare I have a pop at the players but they were timid, slow, and fragile today.

Better selection would indeed help but yes, too many off it today.

Incredible though how much better Hourihane was when we got shot of JO

• Like 2

Poor line-up and tactics but good in-game management to salvage something. Once again thought we rely on individual moments to get us out of a hole. Tbh I said i'd take a flukey win so that we can get everyone back fit by next week.

• Like 1

He does make it hard at times for me to really back him. Seemed like Tuesday, first half was really poor but he sorted things out in the second and this time we come away with the 3 points. Hopefully have Grealish and Adomah back next week and we can go back to what was doing so well for us. 

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I agree. Very rare I have a pop at the players but they were timid, slow, and fragile today.

Better selection would indeed help but yes, too many off it today.

Incredible though how much better Hourihane was when we got shot of JO

Really hope that’s the last time onomah starts for us - very limited player .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was a poor performance and we could have got a real tonking - Bruce got his selection wrong again today so some of the criticism is justified - today we got lucky ,  next week hopefully he picks the right team and we can kick on from here . 

‘We take the points and learn the lessons from this game hopefully .

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

The margins at this stage are very, very fine, we have a great chance of 2nd place, and Onomah doesn't do enough to warrant a look in, I'd say his presence is a risk to us going up automatically. We are almost always better when we start without him in the line up. We don't have a chance to give Onomah a break, he needs to be out of the side

We've got to stop this moaning. Win or lose, I'm with him.

If we don't go up he goes, simple as that. But, it's too late to change anything now. We are where we are and love or loathe him he is here until the end of the season so we might as well cheer him on - win or lose - and then voice our concerns, if any, at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

Â