Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Tonight was exactly what I said would happen as soon as we played a decent side, and yes Wolves are very decent.

Its why I didn’t revise my view over the last four games and why I still want Bruce sacked. His football is abysmal.

There is no hope of promotion under him.

As soon as I saw the starting XI I knew we were doomed. Bruce went with the same set up purely because we luckily won 4 on the bounce. It was crying out for a 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 tonight as a two man midfield with Hourihane and Whelan was always going to crumble

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macandally said:

It’s painful to see, Wolves buy young hungry players with a modern, new coach and their shape and movement is excellent.

We bring a dinosaur and we buy his mates and Dads Army.  We have one shot all game and are tactically clueless with no movement.

This game shows exactly which is the best approach.  Not only will Wolves go up, but they might just have the players and organisation to stay there.  I cannot see a counter argument to that (we were broken blah blah, we have changed our team blah blah).  We are getting exactly what we deserve, a good spanking.

It's true. We did it the 'safe British' approach. They took a gamble and did it a little different. The result is there for everybody to see. 

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It's not one game though is it? We also got embarrassed by Cardiff and Reading, the moment we face any half decent side we fall to bits.

And yes, I do expect us to go for the win against Wolves, because we are targeting promotion this season, do you think Wolves wouldn't try go for the win at VP and just let us have the ball for the entire game? No they wouldn't because they want to be promoted.

Again, giving zero credit to Wolves here. You do know that there are two teams playing in a game, right? 

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Because one game doesn't make a season. Did you honestly expect us to just pitch up and get a win? Massively disrespectful to Wolves. 

That’s what has got us into this shit and kept Bruce in a job, constantly doing ourselves down and bigging everyone else up.  We are ASTON VILLA, we are the biggest club in this division by a mile.  It’s time we started building and acting like it instead of this crap.

That starts with Bruce going, NOW, not Saturday, or the week after.  If we want to go up, we have to change our approach.  We keep turning up like Hull, defending and hitting on the break.  Time to start bossing games!

Edited by macandally
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Again, giving zero credit to Wolves here. You do know that there are two teams playing in a game, right? 

No I didn't realise, I thought Wolves were playing against training cones to be honest.

Do you think Wolves would play like this at VP? No, because they're going for promotion and want to beat everyone. Under Bruce we are clearly not good enough because in games that we need to win to show ourselves as challengers, we shut up shop and hope for a draw with zero attempt at playing football ourselves. If anything it's giving massive credit to them because I'm saying that we should be taking Wolves as an example of how to play, which is **** depressing to say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

No I didn't realise, I thought Wolves were playing against training cones to be honest.

Do you think Wolves would play like this at VP? No, because they're going for promotion and want to beat everyone. Under Bruce we are clearly not good enough because in games that we need to win to show ourselves as challengers, we shut up shop and hope for a draw with zero attempt at playing football ourselves. If anything it's giving massive credit to them because I'm saying that we should be taking Wolves as an example of how to play, which is **** depressing to say.

We didn't 'need' to win this game - we need to beat the teams we should be beating, that's what gets you there at the end of the season. 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

The results have been good, it’s not the same thing.

Not for you, perhaps, but I'm not going to argue with points on the board and I'm not going to consider a game where we were outplayed by a very strong team in this division at their ground, as proof of anything to support my agenda. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Last 8 have been fine tbf. 

For a mid table Championship team which we are not!  Performances have not been good even if we scraped the results against poor teams

Ridiculous statement!

• Like 1

I am absolutely gutted..

Steve Bruce is not a terrible manager in fact, he is a good manager at this level.  The reality is that we won 4 games on the trot and he was nominated for manager of the month that is fact. 

What i will say is that Bruce is a not good enough to manager to match the ambitions of this football club or the supporters.  The management of this club should have known this. We have signed ineffective journeymen to get us promoted this mirrors our manager. 

We have thrown most of our money into this league and this could result in a few more seasons in this league.

- We lost to Wolves,  a team that have two - three champions league quality players.  Their chairman set out a plan last summer and right now they seem to be making the most out of it.

They appointed a head coach not a manager but a Head Coach who has managed teams at Champions League level.  He has had a summer to coach his team into a style of football and purchased quality players to suit his philosophy. They have built a team that can compete in the Premier League. 

We have signed players that could challenge for promotion. In fact they could compete for a mid table place in the premier league right now. 

The loss is more painful because it is our local rivals and it is a reminder to us all at the level this club is.

- Where do we go from here?

Keeping Bruce and we may get a playoff spot but will this result in promotion? 

I just feel like we have really fu***d the rebuilding process at this club. 

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Not for you, perhaps, but I'm not going to argue with points on the board and I'm not going to consider a game where we were outplayed by a very strong team in this division at their ground, as proof of anything to support my agenda. 

I didn’t know you had an agenda.

Â