Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Which players have been instrumental in guiding hull into a position they have a fighting chance? Niasse, grosicki, markovic, rannochia? Id say these 4 have been pretty dame influential. Granted players like clucas and McGuire too have been huge. Not bad, though, for a manager who has had 1 window to turn relegation certainties into relegation survivors wouldn't you say? Now imagine what he could do as a long-term project. 

This argument has actually made me think I want Bruce gone and pushed me off the fence because I can't see Bruce having done anywhere near the job silva has done. 

Thanks for that dem.

Your welcome anything to help. :mrgreen:Hernandez was a instrumental player for them going up and has chipped in with a few goals. Bruce put the foundations down for me.

I think Bruce would have arguably done slightly better but at this level without question I think Bruce would do better than silva

• Like 1

Stability, continuity and his bloody 4 promotions...........Against, no style, no organisation, lack of perceived tactics, not one player improving under him, lack of goal threat, lack of goals scored.

I suspect those that want him to have a preseason will get their wish. Those that are saying we will judge him after his first 5 or 6 games are hedging their bets as really is anyone's saying give him 10 games or to xmas.

Only time will prove which opinion is correct and I really hope that I am wrong but I see nothing on the pitch where 100% of the game is played to suggest that Bruce has any solid idea how to get the best out of a squad which should be good enough for a top 6 finish over a full season with salt system that suits our best players.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Bruce will get all of next season but his dire style of football has killed most my interest. It's awful to watch, I went to Burton Albion on boxing day and Fulham yesterday and nothing has changed. Too much chopping and changing, define a style of football and try and get them to play to it

I feel for Amavi as I think he's one of our best players but he's put into that wing back formation and doesn't seem to have a clue where he should be. He never seems to have anyone ahead of him or supporting him. I fear he will ask to leave this summer and Bruce will let him go. Subbing him off for RHM yesterday was probably the worst sub I have ever seen in my life. It pretty much left the entire left side empty and it took Fulham all of 1 minute to expose it.

Not sure how much we will spend in the summer, get rid of Hutton, Elphick, Richards, Gardner & Gabby. New GK, AM/Winger is key for me, they have to be top quality. I can't see how Hogan/Kodjia is going to work together either.

THIS.

How hard can it really be? Any half-decent manager should be able to do this, simply come up with a 'plan A' formation and tactic, then stick to it. This is by far my biggest gripe with Bruce. He keeps saying all the right things, "we need to be better with the ball", and what not, but honestly he doesn't seem to bothered by it all, otherwise he'd surely do something about it. 

• Like 2

No matter what formation we play we don't seem drilled in how to play it. We don't look solid in a back 3/5 what ever you wish to call it so why play it? We've looked quite solid playing 433 so I don't know why we change. Hourihane was looking good in centre mid before his international debut then gets shunted left mid next game and looks awful and hasn't hit going since. I'm surprised by Bruce. I thought we'd get a pragmatic manager who had a style and would stick to it but he seems to be all over the shop. Hogan getting injured in Jan made us go back to 433 Kodija getting sent off will do the same and I think it'll be better for us. Let Hourihane and Lansbury attack more and play wingers in the 433 in their correct position so Adomah right and either Grealish or Green left and we will win our remaining games. We've got 2 creative goal scoring midfielders yet they play so deep they're ineffectual. Bruce needs to get some balls and let our attacking talent do just that attack. 

He is stabilising the club.....

After the last 7 years of instability, I imagine that is a difficult job.

The signs are there that we are getting better as a team. The goalkeeper has settled in,we generally have a settled back four/five (depending on what Bruce is trying out) and he obviously does not have the personal yet in midfield/upfront but I imagine he knows who and where to get them from in the summer.

It is going to be a good season next year.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

On the stability thing, what has actually been stabilized so far?

We're changing line-up's and formation all the time, and the results have been anything but stable. Streaky perhaps, but certainly not stable.

I don't really consider a bottom half Championship finish 'stabilisation' tbh. A serious yet unsuccessful push for playoffs would at least give us some sort of momentum for next season. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

He is stabilising the club.....

After the last 7 years of instability, I imagine that is a difficult job.

The signs are there that we are getting better as a team. The goalkeeper has settled in,we generally have a settled back four/five (depending on what Bruce is trying out) and he obviously does not have the personal yet in midfield/upfront but I imagine he knows who and where to get them from in the summer.

It is going to be a good season next year.

He spent £10 million on a striker and signed two of the better midfield players in the league. One of who was in player of the year form until he joined. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't really consider a bottom half Championship finish 'stabilisation' tbh. A serious yet unsuccessful push for playoffs would at least give us some sort of momentum for next season. 

Bruce said that we had to finish top 10. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So you think Sherwood would have done better than Bruce has?

If Sherwood had been given the finances that Bruce has had, and given carte blanche on transfers? Absolutely, I'll go as far to say, we would of achieved automatic promotion ,with ,may I add, good attacking football ,but eh , that's jmo .

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Didn't Hogan cost closer to £15m?

Probably. He also inherited a 20 goal a season striker. 

So to excuse him by saying he hasn't got the midfield or attacking personal yet is a bit of a stretch. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If Sherwood had been given the finances that Bruce has had, and given carte blanche on transfers? Absolutely, I'll go as far to say, we would of achieved automatic promotion ,with ,may I add, good attacking football ,but eh , that's jmo .

Just to be clear, we're talking about the same Sherwood who's only experience of building a squad is building the one that got us relegated last season? The same guy who several weeks into the season, when we were struggling, was moaning that the players he bought weren't good enough? That same Sherwood, you think, would get us promoted if he had carte blanche to throw money around?

Just now, Godders said:

Just to be clear, we're talking about the same Sherwood who's only experience of building a squad is building the one that got us relegated last season? The same guy who several weeks into the season, when we were struggling, was moaning that the players he bought weren't good enough? That same Sherwood, you think, would get us promoted if he had carte blanche to throw money around?

No , the other Tim Sherwood. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Stop the planet. I'm getting off.

• Like 4

Â