Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I wonder if the players are already mentally on the beach mega early knowing we have nothing to play for for the rest of this season?

I think some have been on the beach for years. 

We seem to purchase a long line of mentally weak players. I just don't get it. 

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

I wonder if the players are already mentally on the beach mega early knowing we have nothing to play for for the rest of this season?

Bruce should be on top of this and not allowing any such attitude from the squad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Absolutey counter productive to even think of sacking him, and, thankfully, it won't happen IMO.

He has faults but he has positives too and he has secured enough points to make sacking him a daft gamble.

If he was going to to go it should've been February once our last real hope of Play Offs had gone.

There is no doubt in my mind the Club would suffer far more from a change than from his retention.

If he lost regularly and team spirit\etc was poor then fine, roll the dice. But losing with 10 men in their second game in 48 hours to a very good Fulham side is no basis to call for change.

We are not pretty, but he will get us in the Play Offs, they aren't going to risk that.

Please tell me what you saw today that would give any indication that he will obtain the anywhere near enough points?

We have been awful even during our run of wins which were more down to Kodja goals than any kind of system. We are too slow to play counter attacking, not strong enough to play route1, and not clever enough to play possession based football. Hogan looks a shadow of the player he was as does Hourihane and Lansbury and the fact he rates Johnstone worries me immensely.

His first sub today was to bring Hutton on and we were losing, just about sums him up I am afraid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Bruce should be on top of this and not allowing any such attitude from the squad.

I know that but what if they are? How do you change that? If they don't give a shit then what can be done realistically?

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Gary monk is out of contract in the summer and the likes of Wagner  may also be interested in villa should the job be available - certainly should we lose our last 3 there will be serious questions asked and rightly so . 

People talk about the poor atmosphere at our club going into this season. Look at what monk inherited at leeds and it speaks volumes about the character of the man. He agreed to work with a batshit crazy owner. They'd lost sam byram.  He knew he could lose lewis cook and subsequently did. Two great young talents. He's done a remarkable job regardless of if they get into the top 6. A good forward thinking manager.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Absolutey counter productive to even think of sacking him, and, thankfully, it won't happen IMO.

He has faults but he has positives too and he has secured enough points to make sacking him a daft gamble.

If he was going to to go it should've been February once our last real hope of Play Offs had gone.

There is no doubt in my mind the Club would suffer far more from a change than from his retention.

If he lost regularly and team spirit\etc was poor then fine, roll the dice. But losing with 10 men in their second game in 48 hours to a very good Fulham side is no basis to call for change.

We are not pretty, but he will get us in the Play Offs, they aren't going to risk that.

Getting in the play offs is not the objective - we should be getting promoted next season nothing less !

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Cant manage a big club. As stated x 100 by myself and others, his dinosaur football isn't going to get us anywhere. Good record but that was before the Championship got flooded with foreign managers who know how to play football.

His pedigree of being better than Neil Warnock ain't going to cut it anymore.

He got promoted last season. Has the league "flooded" with foreign managers since? Embarrassing post, as per. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So we hold strong because he'll get it right eventually,  really ??

No. We keep him to give him a chance. He hasn't even had a preseason with us for crying out loud. 

What do we do, sack every manager that drops out if the top 2 because automatic promotion is the aim? 

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Getting in the play offs is not the objective - we should be getting promoted next season nothing less !

Nonsense IMO.

No divine rights in football.

Look at Newcastle. They came into this League light years ahead of us, retained their _ top class _ manager and still might not qualify automatically.

I just don't knows what ' should' means in this context !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

No. We keep him to give him a chance. He hasn't even had a preseason with us for crying out loud. 

What do we do, sack every manager that drops out if the top 2 because automatic promotion is the aim? 

30 games with no improvement, how many would you give him?

When do you judge him? After 10 or so games as we did with RDM, at Xmas or do you possibly write off next season and any remaining parachute payment and see where we are at the end of next season which would then mean the new manager will have a little money and possibly an exodus of players to contend with.

Wolves fans will tell you how that pans out........

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Gary monk is out of contract in the summer and the likes of Wagner  may also be interested in villa should the job be available - certainly should we lose our last 3 there will be serious questions asked and rightly so . 

Both good managers but I doubt either would come. As I said earlier in this thread I don't think we are that attractive a club to manage.

Edited by Harry

12 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Strategy Steve is back and at it again.

Changing the formation every other week.

We have been abysmal grinding out results against lesser opposition now were being found out by the teams above us.

Makes me sick that we show teams so much respect i don't see Newcastle doing this under Benitez they play as if they own the division we should be like this with the players we have.

I expect automatic promotion next season with this team no excuses, the players he's signed were great before they got here now it looks like any attacking intent they had is being coached out of them

It's what he does, he will make more changes next Sunday and then again against Blackburn if we lose and repeat, he doesn't have the tactical nous to change it without throwing on 2 or 3 changes

10 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's not being in the top 2 that's grinding me. I never mentioned anything about that. It's the putrid, horrible football that's being served up, even during the run we've being on. Not even a hint of progression in how we play. Fanciful notion that we'll come out in August and blow teams away after a pre season with this lad in charge. No shape, can't pass it, no creativity,  no good.

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Seem a few rumors that Zola is to be sacked night so blues could be pumped up with a new boss come Sunday - Bruce has to get us fired up to win that  game .

Or get fired sunday evening if wyness and xia grow a pair

Â