Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, DCJonah said:

That's been rolled out before. It's a weak argument for keeping someone. 

It's less of an argument for keeping him and more of an expression of apathy, in my case. I don't really care what happens to him because things will stay shit regardless.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No Kodjia and a must win game against Small Heath in the eyes of a lot of fans especially with their woeful form and league position.

Pressure is on.

If we lose to Blues then it will be the nail in his coffin. 

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

His record at this level, however, is a very strong one. 

It is. But it starts to mean less and less the longer our performances look like this. 

At the end of the day what he did at another team means little to us if he can't do anything here. 

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

His record at this level, however, is a very strong one. 

That's enough to get him the job, not enough to keep him next season though, he hasn't shown us enough in this particular job as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Cant manage a big club. As stated x 100 by myself and others, his dinosaur football isn't going to get us anywhere. Good record but that was before the Championship got flooded with foreign managers who know how to play football.

His pedigree of being better than Neil Warnock ain't going to cut it anymore.

Edited by NottingVilla
  • Like 1

Before the season started and the news that Sir Brian and Hollis? we're putting together a shortlist of managers fro the job and it was said they wanted someone who knew this league and some posters made a big deal they wanted some one who would have us play with "Pashun" I believe the phrase was.....Ironically it's the one thing that Bruce hasn't brought to our play.

Has to go at the end of the season, not got enough out of the players.....

• Like 1

Absolutey counter productive to even think of sacking him, and, thankfully, it won't happen IMO.

He has faults but he has positives too and he has secured enough points to make sacking him a daft gamble.

If he was going to to go it should've been February once our last real hope of Play Offs had gone.

There is no doubt in my mind the Club would suffer far more from a change than from his retention.

If he lost regularly and team spirit\etc was poor then fine, roll the dice. But losing with 10 men in their second game in 48 hours to a very good Fulham side is no basis to call for change.

We are not pretty, but he will get us in the Play Offs, they aren't going to risk that.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I just don't understand how he has us playing so poorly. It's not as if we don't have the players. His Hull side weren't like this were they?

No, but then again Lambert's Norwich side didn't play the dour stuff we played under him either.

Players and managers have a habit of coming here and under-performing.

I do think good managers really motivate players and get a lot out of them. But also as Trent has pointed out there's a lot to be said for the general mentality our players bring to the table. Part of the problem of throwing money at the problem, especially at this level, is that you attract mercenary types who are more concerned about securing their personal futures than actually getting the club promoted. We definitely need a big rethink around player acquisition. We need a combination of experienced heads who know what it takes to get promoted and then younger, hungrier players - who will be financially incentivised by bonuses and rewards for promotion, rather than a substantial 'basic' salary.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Have been a big backer of Bruce on here but I cannot defend the last 3 games - the selection was wrong for all 3 and many of us said so when the team was announced..

352 was a failure before so no idea why he has tried it again but once more we looked a shambles and we're lucky to only concede 3 .

Bruce needs to sort this fast as defeat v blues will see the pressure really crank up on him .

Baffling formation (especially with only 1 day of training between matches) and team selection.

midfield looked weak on paper with Gardner and Grealish supported by jedinak. Neither are physical or imposing players.

i've been critical of Bruce especially in the Jan/Feb period where we were appalling but we improved results thereafter, going on a great run.

we're not pretty to watch and often overrun in all positions most games.

i called for Bruce's head in Feb but could see his effectiveness in the 9 following matches. 

I'm of unsure of what we should do with him- either stick or twist? 

Bruce was never going to get backing from 100% of the fans  but at times he really doesn't help himself. 

Huge game next against small Heath. Neither manager can afford to lose it (I expect a dull 0-0 drab affair)

Edited by theboyangel

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'd be all in favour of sacking him but I just can't see anyone else doing much better.

Gary monk is out of contract in the summer and the likes of Wagner  may also be interested in villa should the job be available - certainly should we lose our last 3 there will be serious questions asked and rightly so . 

Â