Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Talk about a reliance on kodjia then say you'd rather sherwood (nearly) when sherwood relied far more on Benteke and Adebayor (at spurs) for goals and openly admitted so. What was that you were saying about blind faith or something or nonsense?

I would purely rather Tim on the basis that he tries to win games, I think they are both shit managers and wouldnt pick either had I a choice 

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Anyone that claims that Steve Bruce is at the same level as Tim Sherwood knows absolutely nothing about the game of football. 

These people should ignored/avoided at all cost :)

Anyone who thinks Bruce is better than Sherwood should also be avoided, those really know nothing about football and base everything on what SKY tells them

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I believe that form gets us promoted next season. Get my logic now based on the question you asked?

So the current method of play is gonna achieve that over a whole season?

Logic?

Reality <-> delusion

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Would we? How about 2 goals conceded in 10? Without kodjia, we wouldn't be where we are now, but I think we would be lower mid table. We won at Wigan without him scoring, we were 1-0 up at Rotherham without him scoring. 

Theres also no saying whoever was in his place wouldn't score? Sherwood openly admitted he played for benteke and any dribs and drabs off him. I don't think that style would appease some of the fans on here. 

Its a crap argument anyway (not from you) because sherwood was genuinely a chancer while Bruce has actually got credentials!

If Bruce had such quality credentials why has a top club never taken a chance on him. Even premier league Villa didnt, they only gave him a shot as they were down to the last straw. How many times was his name mentioned for Newcastle ffs. 

5 hours ago, astonaidan said:

Lets see

Sheffield - failed to get promotion

Sheffield UTD that are currently in the 2nd division. 

Huddersfield - failed to get promotion

Huddersfield the championship club.

Wigan - Lost play off semis and left club after 2 months 

The soon to be relegated Wigan

Sunderland - failure, thought changing all the players in the team was the way to go, wonder did delusional fans say a few quality signings and we will be grand

The soon to be relegated Sunderland.

Hull - Got them up, but there is a reason the board wasnt willing to back him after the previous season in the top flight. 

Hull are playing premier league football because of Bruce. They will be playing in the championship next year. 

Are you a troll mate? Because your reasoning is absolutely pathetic. I should have ignored you after your claim that Tim Sherwood and Bruce are the same level. 

Just now, av1 said:

Hull are playing premier league football because of Bruce. They will be playing in the championship next year. 

Are you a troll mate? Because your reasoning is absolutely pathetic. I should have ignored you after your claim that Tim Sherwood and Bruce are the same level. 

God buddy that post was just bullshit. Sheffield went to the premier league after he left.  All you showed is you havent a clue

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Anyone who thinks Bruce is better than Sherwood should also be avoided, those really know nothing about football and base everything on what SKY tells them

You are either a troll or an idiot. Either way i won't respond to anymore of your stupid posts. 

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

How are the majority of those clubs doing since he left? Worse? I'd say majority so yes. Sheffield united (not Sheffield) have only just got promoted many years later. Wigan are heading down to league 1, Birmingham could still go down to league 1, Sunderland are virtually relegated, hull (although Marco silva has done a remarkable job) oils still go down. 

The arguments, based on this, could easily be that he was overachieving at these clubs. But I won't let that get in the way of your agenda! 

Are you serious ? Wigans demise started with the exit of Martinez , who vastly improved them after Bruce , as for Blues they went on to win there first trophy in years after the departure of Bruce . Your seriously suggesting the demise of those clubs is because Bruce left ? What a load of Kryptonite. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

You are either a troll or an idiot. Either way i won't respond to anymore of your stupid posts. 

Yeah Im the one trolling, you jump in and throw out inaccurate facts. Im actually hoping your a troll otherwise its a little sad

Hang on, is this thread a wind up?

Bruce no better than Sherwood? It was going so well until then... 

MV5BNDU5Mjg3MDgwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODAx

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, mykeyb said:

And the first goal we concede means we drop points, Norwich put 7 past the 3rd placed team an we get a dull draw against the minnows in the bottom 6 and still people think Bruce will get us promotion. As I said the other night we don't score enough goals under Bruce to get promotion........Not a chance in hell

Not at the moment we don't......no.

Steve Bruce has made reference in his after match reviews recently that we are not taking care of the ball enough.

He is clearly aware of this and not happy with it, so by my deduction it's on his agenda to improve.

its no point in us moaning about it, to the degree we do.

He is well aware.

• Like 1

There is some comedy gold in here, Tim Sherwood FFS. He is one of the reasons we are currently in this mess. A bigger charlatan as a football manager you will struggle to find! I am not Bruce's biggest fan, but to say Sherwood is on the same level as Bruce, well I can only assume you have been out in the sun too long today.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Are you serious ? Wigans demise started with the exit of Martinez , who vastly improved them after Bruce , as for Blues they went on to win there first trophy in years after the departure of Bruce . Your seriously suggesting the demise of those clubs is because Bruce left ? What a load of Kryptonite. 

No. You're jumping the gun. I was suggesting that if those clubs are where they are now, then maybe Bruce was overachieving by being where he had them? It's not difficult. I didn't once suggest that those clubs demise came about because he left them. But that doesn't fit into your anti-Bruce agenda. 

Ill put the question out there again, like I've put it out there many times and never really got a decent response. Who, realistically, can we attract who will do the job you want? 

This question is for all the people who want Bruce out because I genuinely want an answer that will make me think 'actually, yeah... he would do a better job than bruce'

To suggest Tim Sherwood in the short time he was with us is one of the reasons we were in this mess.....I would hope there are many more reasons in order to sensibly dilute the one.

Tim Sherwood and Remi Garde was mistakes......but they are not the reasons we entered the mess when we did.

It was many years is simply shockingly bad decision making by those who proclaimed to be knowing what they were doing.

I would suggest they were just amongst the cannon fodder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Can you clarify the point you are trying to make as I am not getting it........

7 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Ill put the question out there again, like I've put it out there many times and never really got a decent response. Who, realistically, can we attract who will do the job you want? 

This question is for all the people who want Bruce out because I genuinely want an answer that will make me think 'actually, yeah... he would do a better job than bruce'

If I want to divorce my wife can I not do that until I have found a new girlfriend.

Â