Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, JE- said:

....Let me ask you this...what sort of club do you think wagner is going to go to next? And what sort of club do you think Bruce is going to go to next? ...

What sort of club did Bruce go to and what sort did Wagner go to?  I get your point to an extent, but I don't think speculating about a managers next club is much of an argument. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JE- said:

Well money talks in football if the ambition is genuine then I'm sure he'd come 

Football doesn't work like that. There will always be competition for good managers and unfortunately we don't have a lot more to offer than money. However you will come up against competition with the same money and a lot else to offer. 

You have to be realistic about who you would be comfortable with instead of Bruce. The like of Wagner even rowett ain't coming here, their stock are sky high so why would they? You would be left with the usual suspects to pick from.

He was deemed the best option a few MONTHS ago for a good reason.

so the question is would you be happier with an inferior manager? The bigger question is would you give them time to sort things out when you havnt given Bruce the same?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Football doesn't work like that. There will always be competition for good managers and unfortunately we don't have a lot more to offer than money. However you will come up against competition with the same money and a lot else to offer. 

You have to be realistic about who you would be comfortable with instead of Bruce. The like of Wagner even rowett ain't coming here, their stock are sky high so why would they? You would be left with the usual suspects to pick from.

He was deemed the best option a few MONTHS ago for a good reason.

so the question is would you be happier with an inferior manager? The bigger question is would you give them time to sort things out when you havnt given Bruce the same?

Well Newcastle managed to get rafa and got him to stay at this level when he could have left them.. I don't see why we can't go after a better standard of manager than the usual under achievers we seem to only go for 

I was 'content' with Bruce and had more respect for him when he started off the way he did... But when he made his own changes and cocked it all up I saw a manager who actually doesn't have a clue what he is doing 

Then taking off every striker you have on the pitch is unforgivable against a poor Forrest side 

Then there is bringing back the useless gabby and Richards... Just these things are totally unforgivable for me

12 hours ago, JE- said:

Well I don't know about on here so cannot comment but when that awful run of form went on and on and on most the fans don't seem critical 

I watched Huddersfield closely in recent times with interest and I can say with Great confidence wagner is 10 times the manager Bruce will ever be 

The 3 teams coming down likely to be Middlesborough Hull and Sunderland will be better equipped to prepare for life in the championship and a good chance of keeping their players with the new TV deal and increased para monies. 

I feel personally Bruce has had his chance he made too many changes to a team that was being effective and it secured another season at this level...

The board are sticking with him regardless and I feel in the long run this will be a bad mistake.. Hope I am wrong  but after seeing years of dark age football with villa it's time we stepped into the 21st century 

Boro, Hull and Sunderland are no more better equipped to bounce back than we were . It's a complete fallacy this notion that the teams coming down are better than the existing teams in the league . They said the same about us , and it's bollocks 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, JE- said:

Well money talks in football if the ambition is genuine then I'm sure he'd come 

At pains to dodge answering the question, aren't ya! What if it didn't? These are the kind of hurdles you would get as the person making the decisions, it's not as simple as you are making it sound.

1 minute ago, bretonvilla said:

Boro, Hull and Sunderland are no more better equipped to bounce back than we were . It's a complete fallacy this notion that the teams coming down are better than the existing teams in the league . They said the same about us , and it's bollocks 

Financially they will be better equipped at the very least.. 

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

At pains to dodge answering the question, aren't ya! What if it didn't? These are the kind of hurdles you would get as the person making the decisions, it's not as simple as you are making it sound.

I have a few others.. Go speak to Berizzo also.. I can name plenty of managers that should show ambition for us 

Let me ask you this.. Should Bruce stay if we go up? he's a complete disaster at prem level

6 minutes ago, JE- said:

I have a few others.. Go speak to Berizzo also.. I can name plenty of managers that should show ambition for us 

Let me ask you this.. Should Bruce stay if we go up? he's a complete disaster at prem level

Manager of 10th in La Liga Celta Vigo, the club he used to play for?

Any manager that gets a team promoted should stay, barring like... criminal investigations, club bankruptcy or whatever.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JE- said:

But we were better equipped than the majority of teams above us but it's still a struggle.  The sides coming down will all be tainted by failure and top players won't be wanting to go there . The biggest threats are the teams there or thereabouts this year for promotion , not the descending sides 

Just now, bretonvilla said:

But we were better equipped than the majority of teams above us but it's still a struggle.  The sides coming down will all be tainted by failure and top players won't be wanting to go there . The biggest threats are the teams there or thereabouts this year for promotion , not the descending sides 

Middlesbrough know all about this league so do Hull 

I feel like the only one that falls into what you are saying is Sunderland 

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is he? 10th with blues 11th with Wigan says different

Sacked at Sunderland 2 relegations... That's more failure than success 

Deary me if you want Bruce when in the prem then I really do despair 

If Bruce takes us up it will be thanks largely to the funding provided by the owner. The summer before the new prem season would see more spending by Tony and we would be getting a lot of our targets over other bottom half prem league teams. With that level of support I think Bruce will get us mid table comfortably. 

58 minutes ago, JE- said:

Then there is bringing back the useless gabby and Richards... Just these things are totally unforgivable for me

So don't forgive them, hold a grudge, harp on about it endlessly and make sure we understand why you are so certain that you are right. I'm bound to have forgotten by tomorrow, so I'll be grateful for your reminder.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JE- said:

Teams getting relegated from the PL have been financially better equipped for years. The gap has been massive for decades now. Yet the statistics are clear to see - normally no more than one of the teams relegated goes back up the following year. 

Football is not simply decided by comparing bank accounts. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JE- said:

He cost more than any other striker in this league Do i need to show you the top scorers table? 

40m net spend to be in the lower half...if you think that's good enough then I'm speechless 

Kodjia has cost £11m and our net spend is under £30m.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JE- said:

watched Huddersfield closely in recent times with interest and I can say with Great confidence wagner is 10 times the manager Bruce will ever be 

I suppose that's the same sort of "great confidence" some boxers go in to a fight with, before they get knocked out in the first round.

You're well in the lead for most hilarious post of 2017. Congrats.

Â