Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

52 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Exactly.

Now shut up and go and now the lawn or something ;)  

or something?....is the Mrs in:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

So, now bruce is failing to succeed because the owner is giving him too much backing.   Wow.  One of us is clutching.  

I think you read in to things exactly what you want.

that is not what is being intimated and I can't be bothered to explain.

No let's keep making more drastic changes. That tends to create clear common ground for everyone involved.

I cannot remember the last time we had some form of continuity. We have all the right ingredients to make that happen now, so bloody endure. Mid table mediocrity this year (yeah I know, worst form, doom and gloom etc). Real fight next year.

I hate our current predicament as much as anyone else on here and allow myself a tide of woe after each consecutive defeat as much as your nextdoor aston acolyte, but for the love of Saytan, let's not do what we always do and expect a different output.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Dont see the point you are making sorry. The article would be irrelavant apart from the observations made about his time at Sunderland exactly mirror where we are with him now he is at Villa Park, if you cannot see that then thats not my problem.

I can see your comparison, but there are equally as many if not more examples of the opposite, so I'm unsure of its merit.

I think you are making selective pieces to try and prove your point.....but so was I.....I followed you.

fair dinkum?

That was the point you was apparently failing to see.

He is not the only one to struggle at Sunderland or Villa.....maybe the jobs are bigger than we think.

you see in most arguments in life there are 2 sides....it might be worth having a gander at the other side some time or other.

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

No let's keep making more drastic changes. That tends to create clear common ground for everyone involved.

I cannot remember the last time we had some form of continuity. We have all the right ingredients to make that happen now, so bloody endure. Mid table mediocrity this year (yeah I know, worst form, doom and gloom etc). Real fight next year.

I hate our current predicament as much as anyone else on here and allow myself a tide of woe after each consecutive defeat as much as your nextdoor aston acolyte, but for the love of Saytan, let's not do what we always do and expect a different output.

It was interesting reading an article written by Tony Pulis ......He was very cautious of big change.....He was banging the drum for gradual development.

He stopped short of naming Steve Bruce and the mammoth change, but I think he was alluding to us.

I agree with him .....but we have been left with a colossal job that was not wanted by us either.....but hey!.....we have got what we have got and we have to fight our way back to sensibility what Tony P was mooting.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Surely, putting Lansbury in front of the back four is allowing him to drop deep to pick the ball up from the back 4 and pick a pass? A lot of midfielders do it. It's exactly how some of the best passers recently have played. What you said doesn't really make sense to me! 

I don't think he has sufficient combative skills to make it work.

52 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Here's the continuity. We're continually Shit.

UTV

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I think you read in to things exactly what you want.

that is not what is being intimated and I can't be bothered to explain.

of course it's not what was said, but IMO it is a reasonable implication of what was said.  Sorry you and I disagree on Bruce, but we do.  VTID is true for both of us, I'm sure.

What I will say about Bruce is he puts out the formations and players I want to see.

He's making changes every game which I see some are questioning but we have been very poor in the last 3 games so it's hard to know which way to turn.  I certainly think we miss Jedinak more than some would care to admit.

I'd be giving Bruce till seasons end. If things are still as dire then he will have to be relieved of his duties but I think the club needs to persist with him till then. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If Tim Sherwood and Paul Lambert had a love child it would be Steve Bruce. Tactically inept and a new plan every other game. Desperate. 

But you'd always suspect that the milkman, sorry McLeish was actually the father.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

If Tim Sherwood and Paul Lambert had a love child it would be Steve Bruce. Tactically inept and a new plan every other game. Desperate. 

2 hours ago, sne said:

But you'd always suspect that the milkman, sorry McLeish was actually the father.

Maybe it was like the movie Twins, but we got the Danny Devito.

• Like 2

Good God.

First I saw the Richards thread bumped then I read a couple of comments in here and with dread checked the News.

He really has said "he's a stick on if fit ".

Up until now I have said Bruce is doing appallingly but should still be given at least a few more games and maybe end of season.

Not now. That's the final straw.

There is no way those comments are from a man who is in full control and has a definite plan of where he is taking us, no way.

Richards has been awful in every conceivable way for us.

Sorry Bruce that's me in the Sack Him camp.

• Like 2

Â