Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I don't think we were unlucky at all today, that first half we were abysmal. We couldn't put 3 passes together except for the one time when we scored the goal.

I don't know if our defenders have been asked to lump it forward at every chance or if theres no one available to pass to? I swear there were a couple of occasions when a midfielder was free but they decided to lump it under no pressure - you are just giving possession away. Because its happening every game they must be instructed to do it.

This team has cost an absolute fortune to put together, why don't we play to dominate, why don't we play one-twos to create space, why do we give the opposition freedom of the pitch, why don't we close them down. This is all the managers job.

I was delighted with the Bruce appointment but its getting worse every week, if it carries on this this we will be sucked into the relegation fight.

4 of the next 5 games are at home, I fully expect to see a massive improvement otherwise I too will be calling for his head. Want to see 3 wins out of these 5 and no more hoofing by the end of this period!

• Like 2

I am so sick of looking like a team who don't understand what formation they're even playing.

I want a coach. Whether under Bruce or not.

I just want a bloody team that isn't an embarrassment.

If I'm Tony I want to see a lot more from Bruce's side the back end of this season, or he's out.

awful today, anybody watching knew Grealish should have been took off about 65 minutes, then when he sent off he made the worst subs since Sherwood and at a terrible time as gave Forest the initiative

at least Sherwood made some attacking subs

4 hours ago, dpt666 said:

4-1-2-3 Steve 

BUNN

BREE      CHESTER(c)     BAKER      TAYLOR

JEDINAK    

LANSBURY    HOURIHANE        

ADOMAH               HOGAN               KODJIA

None of this sitting back shite let the opposition worry about us 

Absolutely this

I'm still baffled by the Lansbury subbing because I don't think I've seen it before. Game in the balance not long to go subbing off new signing against his old team to get an abusive send off. It wasn't justified and makes me think even more that Bruce is an absolute clueless word removed

• Like 2

On the plus side, when we tried passing and running around a bit, we did it quite well. We scored a very nice goal to cap a nice little move off. Hogan and Bree did ok, Lansbury looks good, Kodjia got his 9th goal in 15 games.

The down side has already been covered I think but I just wondered if anyone was there yesterday did I hear chants of you don't know what you're doing towards him when the last sub was made?

I really thought he might have cracked this subs malarkey a few weeks ago when he hauled Westwood and Gardner off at half time. Since then he is back to doing nothing until the last 10 minutes and my patience is wearing thin with this I must say. He's making a rod for his own back and it's totally unneccesary.

• Like 2

Well after Dr X's tweets this morning I don't expect Bruce to be going anywhere anytime soon. Glad, I didn't want Bruce to begin with but we need to stabilise now and build from where we are. 

Edited by Barney_avfc
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

awful today, anybody watching knew Grealish should have been took off about 65 minutes, then when he sent off he made the worst subs since Sherwood and at a terrible time as gave Forest the initiative

at least Sherwood made some attacking subs

what taking Gil and Grealish off when we were 2-0 up and cruising against Leicester?. Thats when we needed Bruce and not change a thing!

I think we should ask the managers to watch the game in the stands.. as they seem to have no farking idea when there down the line. We have had some awful tactical managers over the years. Thought Bruce would be different.  

Edited by KSV

7 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Now the results have gone, and the football is just as utterly turgid, it's getting harder to see where he can actually take us.

His post-match interview today showed the signs of a desperate man, claiming Grealish's first yellow was unlucky, Forest's winner was offside, etc. He's clutching at straws.

Not only have the results gone and the football remained eye-gouging, but his decision-making is really being called into question (inexperienced [and also very shit] goalkeeper brought in, poor set-up against Brentford, dreadful game management today, etc.). 

All I hope is that Round and Wyness have the balls to sack him if he doesn't turn this around within the next 3-4 games. It was an old boys club move to bring in their man, but it's our club. Clock's ticking for me.

Good post.

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm still baffled by the Lansbury subbing because I don't think I've seen it before. Game in the balance not long to go subbing off new signing against his old team to get an abusive send off. It wasn't justified and makes me think even more that Bruce is an absolute clueless word removed

Not only that, but he takes off both strikers, making the decision to just soak up the pressure and hope for the draw and to help with that he takes off the only midfield player who was actually offering some protection. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Terry,

Pro or Anti Bruce fans ....won't condone that turgid display.

The basics are completely missing.....why I have no idea,I could speculate, but that won't help.

There are little quality moments, but thats all......we are still playing like individuals who are not winning their duels and encounters.....the early exchanges told me what to expect.....we stand off far too much.

without the ball we are clueless.....and with the ball we are so easily beaten off it.

watching other teams players riding tackles whe in possession and resisting challenges.....it's nothing like the weak surrender we offer.

We are bankrupt of so much basic stuff.

TRO - I agree with what you post here- there is however only  one person to blame- in my view he has had long enough to impose his style and ethos into the club- you might point to him bringing in 4 players in a week or so and they need time to gel- why then did he wait until the end of Jan to do business. His management of the strike force during Jan was appalling ( don't get me started you know what I mean ). The pressure is right there now TRO he cannot be defended or hide behind newbie status - he has  to show that he can mould this team between now and the end of this season into credible promotion challengers for next season - do I think he will do this? In my view probably not and if not then - again in my view Dr Tony has some very tough decision making. Honeymoon period well and truly done 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Not only that, but he takes off both strikers, making the decision to just soak up the pressure and hope for the draw and to help with that he takes off the only midfield player who was actually offering some protection. 

Totally agree. 

It wouldn't have been so bad if he withdrew Lansbury but brought on amavj, pushing bjarnesson into the middle. 

Instead we had three wingers on that can't win the ball back or gave it away too quickly. 

Really poor and baffling decision making

• Like 1

I think they will give him until the end of the season at least. If we finish strongly then he will get a he summer, but not huge amounts of money. Goal keeper and central defence being the main areas to spend on.  I believe however that the clock is ticking for him and Round, Wyness and Xia will have started looking for his successor. 

Xia made a comment soon after Bruce arrived, which basically said they had only employed him to get us up, but he had been impressed with him so he might stay on in the Prem if he gets us there. Clearly he doesn't see him as a man to take us massively forward, so he won't hesitate to pull the trigger in the summer if we're not making significant progress by then. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I think Bruce has about 5 more games to turn this round or he will be sacked.

You read it here first.

Not a chance it that happening before the summer and unlikely even then - the dr has tweeted his support and says this season now is about planning and settling the team ready for next season.

When we were looking for a replacement for RDM, I was pro Bruce, because I thought he would at least give us back to basics football. It is something that the team and its style of play has been lacking for years, and the team, in my opinion, needed to get back to relearning football, and how to play winning football as a team.

This is not what we are getting. It doesn't matter who we buy, if our playing style doesn't change, we wont win. From what I have seen, I would describe our style as reactive fight or flight, but most particularly flight, and no fight. It is if that horrible bouncy white thing is the bane of their existences, and must be removed from them as far as possible, even if it means randomly hoofing it up field, as long as it is away from them and out of their sight, and if the opposition has it, then that's good. That stupid round bouncy thing is then their problem.

If I can go on a facetious tangent here, as I usually do, maybe we need to make the team understand the ball, befriend the ball, and allow the ball to be shared amongst the team mates so that they may share the love and nurture the loving relationship with the ball. Maybe they need to sit together in a dark room chanting mantras. " The ball is not my enemy. The ball is my friend." over and over. Then each team member takes a ball home. It goes wherever they go. When they are driving, in bed, when taking a shower, and even when with the family at dinner. After a week of this, they may come to understand that the ball isn't the cause of all their problems and the source of all their fears. The ball is their friend, and it is only their enemy when they don't have it.

The promotion boat has sailed. Piss poor football made sure of that. What we have seen the last 2 games, if you are a manager, you have no excuse. The team together  is playing worse than poor. That is on you. I would give Bruce until the end of the season, then ship him out. He will satisfy as a caretaker, but he isn't the right man for the job. For me, Bruce has shown his hand.

Its a busted flush, and must leave the table, because he is all out of chips.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Totally agree. 

It wouldn't have been so bad if he withdrew Lansbury but brought on amavj, pushing bjarnesson into the middle. 

Instead we had three wingers on that can't win the ball back or gave it away too quickly. 

Really poor and baffling decision making

Not sure why people think amavi at wide left would be the answer - he's out of form and been dreadful recently and needed dropping - bjarnason wasn't too bad last night but Taylor was ill - I'd expect Taylor at left wing back as Bruce has made clear after the game that 532 is here to stay .

Just now, Eastie said:

Not a chance it that happening before the summer and unlikely even then - the dr has tweeted his support and says this season now is about planning and settling the team ready for next season.

I agree bruce is secure to the end of the season. 

However, I'm not convinced he'll be in charge next season, especially if we continue to churn out awful football and the fans become more vocally disgruntled. 

Just now, Eastie said:

Not sure why people think amavi at wide left would be the answer - he's out of form and been dreadful recently and needed dropping - bjarnason wasn't too bad last night but Taylor was ill - I'd expect Taylor at left wing back as Bruce has made clear after the game that 532 is here to stay .

We were playing 5 at the back, anyone who thinks the 5 were across the middle need to look at where bjarnesson and bree were positioned during the match.

Amavi would have taken over lb position, and bjarnesson would be a better option in the centre than any of bacuna, green or adomah who all came on. 

• Like 2

Â