Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Well, we're not getting into the play offs so rest of the season is for Bruce to get a winning team with the very good squad he has. 

• Like 4

We are simply far to negative with the players we have

Not once have i seen us this season control the opposition and dictate things we should be smashing teams in this league to bits and its getting annoying 

Sort it out steve or leave

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

This. The very, very few occasions we did try and control things, we looked good. Lansbury played it around comfortably, there was good movement and we had that one move where we were very patient and it ended with Bree hammering it at the far post. But otherwise, we were far too interested making sure all XI were in our half and letting them play.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Not once have i seen us this season control the opposition and dictate things we should be smashing teams in this league to bits and its getting annoying 

"Negative" doesn't sum up that front six tonight. In fact, what we lacked, the same as against Brentford, was cover in front of the defence. 

He definitely needs to sort things out though. It seems like he changes formation every game and the players are going to get fed up with that at some stage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I never in my 30 years plus of supporting the villa have I seen a manager play a 5-4-0 before. Nit even mcleish was that negative.

waving the white flag Steve that for me was absolutely disgraceful 

Can't argue with this. 

Watching the game with my Dad I said that he should have changed Grealish before he got his second yellow as he was doing nothing. When Grealish got sent off the first thing I said to me Dad was "Leave it as it is because he had no impact anyway"  but  he went and changed it for some crazy reason. 

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

This. The very, very few occasions we did try and control things, we looked good. Lansbury played it around comfortably, there was good movement and we had that one move where we were very patient and it ended with Bree hammering it at the far post. But otherwise, we were far too interested making sure all XI were in our half and letting them play.

I'm not sure that is Bruce saying "Be careful you don't play too well lads, if you do play well for a minutes, just shut up shop and play tight for half an hour, but don't do it very well".

I think it's more to do with him stressing the bottom line is to be hard to beat, which is fair enough seeing as he stopped us throwing away games in his first 10 or so games with us and did turn results around by being harder to beat. Not pretty, not entertaining, but we got results. Now I think he's trying to find a shape and style that will let us dominate with the players we have, we haven't had a settled first team, in terms of shape and personnel all year, so it comes in fits and starts. It's going to take time, as Xela said the playoffs are gone now. Let's all chill out and give them all room to turn into a team.

• Like 2

I just don't understand why every team we play against can pass the ball better than us. I don't understand why every team we play against can stop themselves from conceding pathetic stupid goals. 

We literally can't do anything right. Bruce is a Grealish wonder goal and a QPR keeper error from being in serious relegation trouble. We have not played well for ages and we're finally getting the results a Steve Bruce performance deserves. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

We literally can't do anything right. Bruce is a Grealish wonder goal and a QPR keeper error from being in serious relegation trouble. 

He's probably a few goalkeeping errors from being in serious playoff contention. Swings and roundabouts.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I never in my 30 years plus of supporting the villa have I seen a manager play a 5-4-0 before. Nit even mcleish was that negative.

Pretty sure it wasn't 5-4-0 even if we didn't have an out and out striker on the pitch. Holding on for a point in the circumstances was fine, and we looked very comfortable and almost did it but for another stupid error at the back.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't understand why every team we play against can pass the ball better than us. I don't understand why every team we play against can stop themselves from conceding pathetic stupid goals. 

We literally can't do anything right. Bruce is a Grealish wonder goal and a QPR keeper error from being in serious relegation trouble. We have not played well for ages and we're finally getting the results a Steve Bruce performance deserves. 

We definitely should keep the ball better with the squad we have, playing 5 in midfield should have meant we could boss possession with who was on the field IMO. Thing is though they've only been together a couple of weeks and not had a pre-season together. We've changed shape and a lot of the first eleven, can't expect it to click immediately unfortunately. 

21 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Fair.

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We didn't play 5-4-0

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Pretty sure it wasn't 5-4-0 even if we didn't have an out and out striker on the pitch. Holding on for a point in the circumstances was fine, and we looked very comfortable and almost did it but for another stupid error at the back.

I thought it was a stupid decision. We have a shaky defence and a terrible keeper. Sitting back and accepting wave after wave of attack until the final whistle was daft 

Â