Technical Director

hippo

The good man Dr Tony last night tweeted that there will be announcement of the new Technical Director next week.

Any theories as to who this could be ? - I wonder if he has in any way had a hand in the mainly british based players we have sourced so far ? - There was talk of some overseas guys a while back -I would really like to be Graham Taylor though 

David Dein? :)

I don't know but I'd assume that whoever it is will be a 'football person' rather than a suit Demmers.

I'd assume the role will be heading up scouting and player acquisition and they may well have a role to play on the coaching side and the increasing plethora of other staff at clubs these days.

You'd also have to assume with the Indian link up and the Tweet from the Dr the other days about plans in various other countries that they will be involved in that side of things.

Personally I'd be pretty surprised if they are English.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

David Dein would be great

I've known David for a few years now and he has always maintained that he would only go back to Arsenal.  Plus, as Trent says, we need a proper football person. David is good at dealing with agents, CEOs, the FA etc. He has great contacts but doesn't know players to sign and how to scout etc.

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I've known David for a few years now and he has always maintained that he would only go back to Arsenal.  Plus, as Trent says, we need a proper football person. David is good at dealing with agents, CEOs, the FA etc. He has great contacts but doesn't know players to sign and how to scout etc.

I thought that the role you decsribe was the role of technical director! Guess not :)

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought that the role you decsribe was the role of technical director! Guess not :)

Na he is a better chairman. Technical director is more to do with the technical aspects of football i.e. scouting, coaching set-up, academy, footballing philosophy.

7 hours ago, hippo said:

The good man Dr Tony last night tweeted that there will be announcement of the new Technical Director next week.

Any theories as to who this could be ? - I wonder if he has in any way had a hand in the mainly british based players we have sourced so far ? - There was talk of some overseas guys a while back -I would really like to be Graham Taylor though 

Graham Taylor - Technical Director? Don't think so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Can't see it happening but would love GH back.

He has been part of UEFA & FIFA's technical commitees & Technical director for the french national team along with being head of global football for red bull.

j6AOOvV.jpg

He would be as welcome as a fart in a space suit. 

Graham Taylor, 15 years too late.

Gerard Houllier, 5 years too late. 

We need to find today's man, not some dinosaur who's star faded long ago, just because we missed the opportunity back then. Maybe that's doing Houllier a disservice because he's still a working man, but he's 68 years old for Christ sake. 

We need to be looking forward. I don't have the name for you, but it's definitely not either of those. Or David Dein. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He would be as welcome as a fart in a space suit. 

You are Gabby, and i claim my £5. ;)