Technical Director

hippo

12 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm not sure how these roles work. How can he tell the manager, who has been here longer than him, what style of football to play?

I think that is more about making sure the reserves, academy and youth teams and overall coaching is consistent - that is my reading of it anyway.  There is no question RDM will have final say for the 1st team squad, I assume the TD role is to make sure our coaches, training and recruitment (at all levels) are working with that same philosophy.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 3

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

Personally, I think that is more about making sure the reserves, academy and youth teams and overall coaching is consistent - that is my reading of it anyway.  There is no question RDM will have final say for the 1st team squad IMO.

That would make more sense. Making sure youth players understand the club ethos is essential. Look at Dortmund, all their youth products know exactly what they need to be to slot right in. I watched the game last night and even though they lost to Bayern they absolutely bossed the game and a few of their youngsters slotted right in.

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

That would make more sense. Making sure youth players understand the club ethos is essential. Look at Dortmund, all their youth products know exactly what they need to be to slot right in. I watched the game last night and even though they lost to Bayern they absolutely bossed the game and a few of their youngsters slotted right in.

I think so.  Also when it comes to recruiting, training and developing coaches at the grass roots levels and even in these global academies we are setting up.

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

I think so.  Also when it comes to recruiting, training and developing coaches at the grass roots levels and even in these global academies we are setting up.

I think Big T likes Buddha handsome so I reckon he will be allowed to have a say in the overall ethos of the club provided it isn't mental and allows for future managers to slot right in. 

Ideally I think Big T sees RDM as our Wenger in terms of longevity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think Big T likes Buddha handsome so I reckon he will be allowed to have a say in the overall ethos of the club provided it isn't mental and allows for future managers to slot right in. 

Plus I think Big T is committed to shaking up the attitude and winning mentality right from the youth teams up to the big boys judging by his tweet about the U-18's.

Which points to the good Doc being committed to the cause himself.

• Like 3

Round is going to have a big say in terms of player and manager recruitment by the sound things. The club will have style that they will want implement through out all the teams at the different levels, and Round will recruiting with a view to that, I guess. He's just completed a Masters Degree in Sporting Directorship (whatever that is).

For the first time, you can now gain a fully accredited Master’s degree that qualifies you for one of the most important roles in modern sport. Over the next 4 years, Manchester Metropolitan University will develop 100 Sports Directors. This will equate to 25 places being offered per year in the business school.

Tailored to meet the real demands of leading sporting organisations. Covering sports leadership, personal development, masterminding innovation and change, sport governance and best practice along with a diverse range of extra curricular experiences. This degree course provides unrivalled preparation for the role of Sport Director.

Uniquely the course is underpinned by the skills of neuroscience – the science of performance. Already used to great effect in many sports, this degree course brings the power of neuroscience into the business arena too.

http://sportingdirector.com/the-course/

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Yes I think it will differ from a director of football role and RDM will have a big say on the plan and objectives for the future, rather than Round coming in and taking control. My guess is that they will develop a plan together and then the technical director will be in charge of implementing it through the club.

I think Everton have 2 academies in USA, definitely at least one. I don't know how much involvement Round would of had in those but he'd certainly know a bit about how they operated.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Yes I think it will differ from a director of football role and RDM will have a big say on the plan and objectives for the future, rather than Round coming in and taking control. My guess is that they will develop a plan together and then the technical director will be in charge of implementing it through the club.

I think Everton have 2 academies in USA, definitely at least one. I don't know how much involvement Round would of had in those but he'd certainly know a bit about how they operated.

They have one in Barnsley as well. ;)

54 minutes ago, useless said:

Round is going to have a big say in terms of player and manager recruitment by the sound things. The club will have style that they will want implement through out all the teams at the different levels, and Round will recruiting with a view to that, I guess. He's just completed a Masters Degree in Sporting Directorship (whatever that is).

VT knows everything.