International Football General Chat

villa4europe

So far I would go for

Gk

Pope, pickford, henderson

Centre half

konsa, mings, stone, x2

Full back

Trent, Tripper (or James), chewill, targett (Shaw got chance to take place)

Cm/dm/acm

Phillips, rice, (Henderson or Bellingham), mount, maddison, ligaad (even I hate him but he is on form) or Bellingham indeed ligaad

Winger

Foden, saka,Grealish, sterling (or sancho and rashford)

Forward 

Ings and Lewin, Kane 

Two different style 

Yeh definitely he is my first choice for sure as he best England creative..

That why I like see

Gk - pope

Plan a

Trent-konsa-mings-targetttt/shaw

Phillips-mount

Foden-maddison-grealishIngs

Foden and maddison, grealish swap play number 10 acm roles.

Plan b

Tripper-stone-xxx-chew

Henderson-rice-lingraad

Sterling-lewin-saka

Fast attack

We will lose to the first class team we play, probably in the quarters and probably on penalties.

Granted we did really well at the World Cup but we had a very soft draw. The only decent side we played with our strongest XI was Croatia, which we lost to.

The Euros, at least certainly from the quarters onwards is of a higher standard than the World Cup. When it was 16 teams the groups stage could be really tough but Uefa  have ruined it by pushing it to 24, which means most groups 3 out of the 4 go through. Rubbish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

We will lose to the first class team we play, probably in the quarters and probably on penalties.

Granted we did really well at the World Cup but we had a very soft draw. The only decent side we played with our strongest XI was Croatia, which we lost to.

The Euros, at least certainly from the quarters onwards is of a higher standard than the World Cup. When it was 16 teams the groups stage could be really tough but Uefa  have ruined it by pushing it to 24, which means most groups 3 out of the 4 go through. Rubbish.

Yeah you look at the Germany, France, Portugal, Hungary group and think **** yes that's what football should be all about but then known that 3 of them can qualify and think what have they done to the perfect tournament 

1 hour ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

So far I would go for

Gk

Pope, pickford, henderson

Centre half

konsa, mings, stone, x2

Full back

Trent, Tripper (or James), chewill, targett (Shaw got chance to take place)

Cm/dm/acm

Phillips, rice, (Henderson or Bellingham), mount, maddison, ligaad (even I hate him but he is on form) or Bellingham indeed ligaad

Winger

Foden, saka,Grealish, sterling (or sancho and rashford)

Forward 

Ings and Lewin, Kane 

Two different style 

Yeh definitely he is my first choice for sure as he best England creative..

That why I like see

Gk - pope

Plan a

Trent-konsa-mings-targetttt/shaw

Phillips-mount

Foden-maddison-grealishIngs

Foden and maddison, grealish swap play number 10 acm roles.

Plan b

Tripper-stone-xxx-chew

Henderson-rice-lingraad

Sterling-lewin-saka

Fast attack

I think its too late for Konsa 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

it all depends on the number he plays at the back, if he plays 5 then he cant take all these midfielders and attackers

3 keepers, 2 right backs (!) 2 left backs, 5 centre backs, 2 strikers, would give him 9 midfielders, but if he plays 5 at the back i think he takes 6 centre backs and 8 midfielders

3 keepers, james, TAA, chilwell, saka, maguire, stones, mings, coady, walker, rice, mount, phillips, maddison, bellingham, grealish, foden, sterling, sancho, kane, DCL

no henderson, dier, lingard, watkins, tammy, ings, shaw, trippier, ward prowse, rashford, winks... i just do not see him not taking rashford, henderson or unfortunately dier if they're all fit and maddison is the obvious 1st player to drop out because he never plays for southgate, his non picking of him is almost as bad as his aversion to grealish, this was the squad for him and he's missed it

do still think that henderson will retire from international football once its done, not convinced he's physically able to play a tournament, niggly injuries have done him

Good post, but I hope you're wrong about the bolded and he doesn't take 6 **** centre backs. We absolutely do not need one replacement each for a whole back five in a what, half-dozen game tournament?

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Good post, but I hope you're wrong about the bolded and he doesn't take 6 **** centre backs. We absolutely do not need one replacement each for a whole back five in a what, half-dozen game tournament?

He will bring 5 centre backs and Walker to cover which makes Alexander Arnold out of the squad

I rate Alexander Arnold highly in an attacking sense but the cries that he has been hard done by is farcical by the Liverpool media. He has been poor this season

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He will bring 5 centre backs and Walker to cover which makes Alexander Arnold out of the squad

I rate Alexander Arnold highly in an attacking sense but the cries that he has been hard done by is farcical by the Liverpool media. He has been poor this season

He's also never once played well for England.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's also never once played well for England.

Walker and Trippier are probably giing to win the title this season and Reece James has had a better season though im not his biggest fan. Its not that hard to argue about the rankings on form

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JamieZ said:

That is so strange to me as an American: we're country before club as a rule. Maybe it comes from "not being a footballing nation", but I can't imagine not wanting the team to do well.

He's just bitter cuz Bamford didn't get picked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

He's just bitter cuz Bamford didn't get picked. 

In all seriousness, though, it's a testament to your depth in attack that he missed the cut. Bamford is in fine form and would walk into the first XIs of, what, 200 of the 210 national teams in the world? I'm not sure that's even hyperbole. I think that's probably just about right.

21 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

In all seriousness, though, it's a testament to your depth in attack that he missed the cut. Bamford is in fine form and would walk into the first XIs of, what, 200 of the 210 national teams in the world? I'm not sure that's even hyperbole. I think that's probably just about right.

Not for me. He’s undoubtedly been in good form this season but you have to take into consideration he plays in a side that is all out attack, at the expense of defence, so would stand to reason he’ll get chances to score.

Just looked at the FIFA top 10 international rankings and can’t see an XI  I’d see him getting him over the current players.

16 minutes ago, penguin said:

Not for me. He’s undoubtedly been in good form this season but you have to take into consideration he plays in a side that is all out attack, at the expense of defence, so would stand to reason he’ll get chances to score.

Just looked at the FIFA top 10 international rankings and can’t see an XI  I’d see him getting him over the current players.

Okay, it doesn't really diminish my point if I adjust my numbers to, say, 190 out of 210. Look outside the Top 15 and it drops off real quick. My point is that it says a lot about England's attacking depth that you have a ten or a dozen in-form, quality options for three starting spots.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

In the current 24 man squad he has 5 CBs, 2 RBs and then walker covering both, agree with walker as the cover but it would be massive if he didn't take TAA

I use the basis of 2 players for each position plus the extra keeper gets you to 23 but then using flexible players to play with those numbers

3 at the back is 6 CBs but walker can cover there, worst case scenario rice can cover there too, get dier out of the squad 

If it's 23, then I think he'll take three keepers, four full backs, four centre backs, four holding midfielders, two strikers and six attacking midfielders.

Within that, you've got Walker who can play fullback or centre back, Saka who can play as fullback or an attacking midfielder and Rashford who can lead the line or play as a winger.

I'd guess:

Pope, Pickford, Henderson, Walker, Trippier, Stones, Maguire, Mings, Dier, Chilwell, Saka, Rice, Phillips, Henderson, Ward-Prowse, Sterling, Mount, Rashford, Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Kane, Calvert-Lewin.

Some big names will miss out.

Coady might squeeze in, Maddison, Alexander-Arnold, Reece James, who I think is actually our best right back, Luke Shaw, Michael Keane, Tammy, Winks (thank god), Bellingham, Lingard - the depth available to him is really very good.

I think Southgate is the only man in the country that would take Dier.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If it's 23, then I think he'll take three keepers,

Now, I don't like international football and very rarely watch it, but this above always puzzles me.

You do NOT need three goalkeepers. The likelihood of two keepers both getting injured is zero. And it usually means a wasted space that could be filled by an outfield player.

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Now, I don't like international football and very rarely watch it, but this above always puzzles me.

You do NOT need three goalkeepers. The likelihood of two keepers both getting injured is zero. And it usually means a wasted space that could be filled by an outfield player.

I think its in the rules you have to take 3 keepers

Â