Nintendo Switch

Chindie

On 03/04/2021 at 20:37, avfcDJ said:

I haven’t seen it, I might have missed it. Not home till Tuesday so can’t check. 

This game is great! Wish there was a  better roster of wrestlers though

On 05/04/2021 at 09:19, Demitri_C said:

This game is great! Wish there was a  better roster of wrestlers though

Yep it’s brilliant, hoping more gets added, but it’s a great game. Can’t wait to get home so i can play it again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up Lego Marvel Super heroes 2 today for the switch for my little lad and been playing it most the afternoon. Must say it’s really enjoyable and my 5 year old likes the mini combat you can have, without really progressing or losing. Obviously dad is on hand to do the missions and tasks for him! 😄

10 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Picked up Lego Marvel Super heroes 2 today for the switch for my little lad and been playing it most the afternoon. Must say it’s really enjoyable and my 5 year old likes the mini combat you can have, without really progressing or losing. Obviously dad is on hand to do the missions and tasks for him! 😄

I played the dc villains and it was awful

• 1 month later...

New Switch announced.

It's marginally bigger, has a better screen, improved sound and an Ethernet port. And is otherwise identical to the existing model.

Ah, Nintendo.

Just now, Chindie said:

New Switch announced.

It's marginally bigger, has a better screen, improved sound and an Ethernet port. And is otherwise identical to the existing model.

Ah, Nintendo.

so no "pro"

no 4k, no extra power or gubbins....

seems like a brave / daft decision

Lol’d when I saw this. After all the ‘experts’ saying a Switch pro was imminent. Guess the pro will be Switch 2 in 2023/4.

As if Nintendo are gonna release a 4K faster better switch when the current one sells just fine. They aren’t gonna cannibalise future ‘Switch 2’ sales by releasing a pro version of a current console. This current redesign will see out this lifespan now until the proper switch successor is ready in 2-3 years.

This is an upgrade for portable users still on the v1.0 console and for people yet to buy a switch. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Nintendo isn't above releasing upgraded systems. The 'new 3DS' was a late life upgrade for that system that had exclusive games, and in the past they had things like the N64 ram upgrade that effectively locked out some owners from some games. The Switch is starting to creak and that'll only get worse as time goes on - I could see them releasing a life extending 'Pro' model in the next 18 months.

This, on the other hand, is basically pointless. It's just a Switch XL really, mimicking the DS family progression.

Edited by Chindie

I’m chomping at the bit for Skyward Sword HD to arrive tomorrow. I loved it on the Wii and I’m hoping this gives it a chance to show off it’s charms to a wider audience. I really hope people take to it this time. It’s such a criminally underrated game and gets unfairly ripped apart imo. I know the motion controls were divisive so fingers crossed the button controls give it a new lease of life. 

I still remember I’d stopped gaming for a few years in my mid 20’s and on my lunch break just went into Game at the top of the ramp in city centre on launch day for a mooch around and just randomly picked up the special edition with the gold wiimote and soundtrack. Weird memory. Loved the game.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m chomping at the bit for Skyward Sword HD to arrive tomorrow. I loved it on the Wii and I’m hoping this gives it a chance to show off it’s charms to a wider audience. I really hope people take to it this time. It’s such a criminally underrated game and gets unfairly ripped apart imo. I know the motion controls were divisive so fingers crossed the button controls give it a new lease of life. 

I still remember I’d stopped gaming for a few years in my mid 20’s and on my lunch break just went into Game at the top of the ramp in city centre on launch day for a mooch around and just randomly picked up the special edition with the gold wiimote and soundtrack. Weird memory. Loved the game.

It's so weird seeing how divisive it is now because back when it came out it was getting 10's across the board and plenty of "best (Zelda) game of all time" accolades. Now all I see is people complaining about Fi or the linearity etc etc.

I love it, it's one of my favourite Zelda's and I hope it'll reach a wider audience on the Switch. It has the best dungeons, music and story in the whole series imo.

• Like 1

I'm working my way through Ori and the Will of the Wisps (which is fantastic) and then I'll be purchasing Skyward Sword. Never actually played it on the Wii so really looking forward to it

• Like 2

I've never played it either but I'll be picking it up next week at some point.

The Wii U was the first Nintendo console I swerved, so I'm glad most of it's main titles are being remade for the switch.

People that did have a Wii U must be a bit annoyed at the lack of big original games the Switch has had to offer over the last 4 years, no?

• Like 2

I have a soft spot for the Wii U, it was/is a great console advertised and utilised hopelessly by Nintendo. It had a meagre collection of games but the quality of most of them was high imo. The only games I’m now left wanting to be ported are the 2 Zelda remasters and Xenoblade Chronicles X. It’s also a decent way of playing Wii games on your modern tv too as no faff required. 

• Like 2

Re: SSHD

I was really looking forward to the button only controls but it’s a bit of a faff if I’m honest. You have to hold the L shoulder button while moving the right stick to control the camera as the right stick on its own controls the sword arm. Not a game breaker or anything and it may just be BotW based muscle memory interfering but that along a few other intricacies show it’s still not quite in tune with a modern day control scheme. 

I may try the motion controls with this as the joy cons are on another level compared with the wiimote for accuracy plus then you get true free camera control without holding an extra button. 

Edited by Ingram85

Right, I’ve been playing around loads with both control schemes now and while it’s annoying to hold the ‘L’ button to rotate the camera it’s still preferable to the motion controls. 

Really enjoying this game again, I love the art style and I’m noticing a LOT of similar looking locations to places in BotW. Wonder if the BoTW floating islands are connected to SS? 

• Like 2

Â