Nintendo Switch

Chindie

On 03/01/2022 at 22:31, Demitri_C said:

For you zelda fans, although its not a proper zelda game hyrule warrors age of calamity is a great game. Finally did it although some of the side missions are **** impossible

Tried the demo. At first it seemed a lot of fun slashing at bokoblins, but I got bored with it quite fast.

I am playing Skyward Sword again. Not the best Zelda game, but still a good game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2022 at 11:55, avfcDJ said:

Turn 40 next week, so I’ve bought a toaster, some Vans trainers and a Switch Oled.

THAT SCREEN! Wow! 😍

Would you say its worth getting the oled? I did pre order it but i cancelled as i couldnt justify the price 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Would you say its worth getting the oled? I did pre order it but i cancelled as i couldnt justify the price 

Loving it mate, it’s beautiful and clear, some of the games I’ve played hade looked sensational. I measured them against my old switch and it was night and day. It’s lead to be buying more games (Persona Strikers, Metroid Dread) and more. I’m very impressed.

8 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Loving it mate, it’s beautiful and clear, some of the games I’ve played hade looked sensational. I measured them against my old switch and it was night and day. It’s lead to be buying more games (Persona Strikers, Metroid Dread) and more. I’m very impressed.

I am tempted but then with the rumours of the pro coming out i think i might wait a while. I think the price is ridiculous though.

Very expensive for what it is

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I am tempted but then with the rumours of the pro coming out i think i might wait a while. I think the price is ridiculous though.

Yeah it’s pricey for sure, but I felt it was worth it. I’ll trade up for a switch pro 😁

On 14/01/2022 at 06:14, Demitri_C said:

You can get it for £299 in some places. I sold my launch Switch (hackable) for £270 and bought an OLED at launch.

The screen is worth the upgrade coast alone. So much better. Plus the white dock is sexy.

Switch Pro/2 is still a long way off whilst Seitch is selling gang busters.

Edited by jim

I’ve been buying JRPGs and similar, for example I’ve bought FF 7&8 on one cart, FF9 on a cart and so on.

Anyway, I bought Ys Origins too and boy it’s good! If you like Gauntlet and dungeon crawlers this will be right up your street. Only an hour in but loving it. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I’ve been buying JRPGs and similar, for example I’ve bought FF 7&8 on one cart, FF9 on a cart and so on.

Anyway, I bought Ys Origins too and boy it’s good! If you like Gauntlet and dungeon crawlers this will be right up your street. Only an hour in but loving it. 

A like for mentioning Ys! Such an underrated series of games. Have you played Ys VIII? It’s exceptional and plays great! IX struggles a bit performance wise on switch so I got it for PS4 instead. 

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

A like for mentioning Ys! Such an underrated series of games. Have you played Ys VIII? It’s exceptional and plays great! IX struggles a bit performance wise on switch so I got it for PS4 instead. 

My plan is to get into this series now 😁 VIII is on my list. How I didn’t play these before I don’t know! 

• Like 1

I’ve been trying to buy cartridges instead of digital. I have 140 digital but these are my current carts:

Final Fantasy 7/8, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy 10-102, Final Fantasy 12, Baldurs Gate, Rico, Pikmin 3, Bravely Default 2, NSR, Persona 5 Strikers, Mortal Kombat 11,  Void B*stards, Plants V Zombies, Metroid Dread, Need for Speed, Wonderful 101, Mario Maker 2. 

I forgot Ys as it’s in my Switch 😂

Edited by avfcDJ

17 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

My plan is to get into this series now 😁 VIII is on my list. How I didn’t play these before I don’t know! 

Same! I got Origin and VIII when they went on sale in the eShop and they're so fun from the little I played. I got a few more for the PS2 and PSP...can't wait to sink my teeth into em. The really early ones seem a little to archaic for me so I'll probably start somewhere in the middle of the series.

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Same! I got Origin and VIII when they went on sale in the eShop and they're so fun from the little I played. I got a few more for the PS2 and PSP...can't wait to sink my teeth into em. The really early ones seem a little to archaic for me so I'll probably start somewhere in the middle of the series.

Probably going to buy a few this week 😁

I especially liked Ys VIII as it scratched that Suikoden-esque itch, where finding / recruiting new characters enables you to grow your village or whatever. I find that such a satisfying mechanic in RPGs.

• 2 weeks later...

My son (6) is a massive Super Mario fan. He got Luigi’s Mansion 3 for xmas and we’re just now properly beginning to play it. 

I have to say, it’s a actually a really good game. Super Mario games are usually more fun for Zen jr, but this one I’m not so sure. Great fun. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

My son (6) is a massive Super Mario fan. He got Luigi’s Mansion 3 for xmas and we’re just now properly beginning to play it. 

I have to say, it’s a actually a really good game. Super Mario games are usually more fun for Zen jr, but this one I’m not so sure. Great fun. 

I love SM games. Have you played Odyssey? It’s absolutely fantastic. 

Just now, avfcDJ said:

I love SM games. Have you played Odyssey? It’s absolutely fantastic. 

It’s next on my lad’s wishlist.

His birthday is in April. If the spoilt little **** doesn’t get it before, he’ll definitely get it then (He’s not just an only child, he’s the only grandchild on both sides. He usually gets what he wants 😅

I’ve seen some of the gameplay, though. It looks great, but I suspect LM3 is more my cup of tea. 

Â