Nintendo Switch

Chindie

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

She’s 6 going on 18

Haha i'd maybe go for Links Awakening then but maybe she's not old enough for the other Zelda games. Not that they're not suitable, they're just hard!

But that might be me being patronising to kids :) 

• Haha 1

New Direct tomorrow. I don’t expect to see anything new apart from the possible catalogue update of GB/GBC/GBA/N64 games to the online service. Otherwise just updates on Dread and other stuff due out before Christmas I’d imagine.

Part of me hopes for something special though but it’s Nintendo so never get your hopes up. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ingram85 said:

New Direct tomorrow. I don’t expect to see anything new apart from the possible catalogue update of GB/GBC/GBA/N64 games to the online service. Otherwise just updates on Dread and other stuff due out before Christmas I’d imagine.

Part of me hopes for something special though but it’s Nintendo so never get your hopes up. 

GBC/A games would be awesome and long overdue. I don't expect anything crazy, hopefully the last Smash character.

Decent direct. N64 games, Bayonetta 3 etc… A lot for most people, not a lot for me personally, literally about the only thing I got excited for was a port of Kotor and the Castlevania Advance Collection. Was hoping for a Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission & Fusion pack but alas. 

N64 games is a big boon for the online but as a physical collector it doesn’t interest me much. Most big games have been ported/remade by now and outside of No Mercy I’m not that interested. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Decent direct. N64 games, Bayonetta 3 etc… A lot for most people, not a lot for me personally, literally about the only thing I got excited for was a port of Kotor and the Castlevania Advance Collection. Was hoping for a Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission & Fusion pack but alas. 

N64 games is a big boon for the online but as a physical collector it doesn’t interest me much. Most big games have been ported/remade by now and outside of No Mercy I’m not that interested. 

I liked Sin & Punishment being on it. I can't really collect it because it's a Japan only title. Online is very interesting too. Imagine if Mario Party 3 is released. Playing online would be amazing.

I'm excited for KOTOR. I've always heard good things about it, but never played it.

Just a heads up for anyone who missed out on the couple of physical edition limited runs of Carrion, it’s getting a general physical release next month. These limited run sites are becoming more unnecessary with each month. I bought Republic Commando on switch from LRG and missed out on SW Racer, still haven’t received my order and there’s now a double pack of both games coming out on PS4 and switch in all stores. Same with the Jedi knight games. Don’t think I’ll be ordering any more limited run games. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2021 at 01:19, Keyblade said:

I'm excited for KOTOR. I've always heard good things about it, but never played it.

Its good and worth a play

But the bizarre thing is obviously PS5 gets a remake whilst switch gets a port, it was bad timing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Greatest Smash reveal ever (I would say that if course). 

But a very underrated part of the reveal was that all the Kingdom Hearts games are coming to the Switch. Incredible.

They are cloud versions of the game and probably going to cost full price. Hard pass. Guess I'll wait til I get a PS5 to play the whole series which came in one bundle on the PS4 for $40 instead of 3 separate $60 entries that you can only play on WiFi (defeats the whole purpose of a Switch).

Sora in Smash is more remarkable for the fact they managed to do it more than anything. The lawyers will have had a field day with how many people will have a stake in that property.

He doesn't feel like a Smash character to me somehow, and he's another sword character in a game that has loads of them. But for people that have a love for Kingdom Hearts, it  doesn't matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Sora in Smash is more remarkable for the fact they managed to do it more than anything. The lawyers will have had a field day with how many people will have a stake in that property.

He doesn't feel like a Smash character to me somehow, and he's another sword character in a game that has loads of them. But for people that have a love for Kingdom Hearts, it  doesn't matter.

Somehow the 3 stingiest companies, Square, Disney and Nintendo managed to collab and agree on a character. I'm surprised his final smash wasn't him slapping the opponent with a DMCA. Notable though there's no Disney representation at all. No song, not even Donald and Goofy. The stage was one of the few unique worlds in the original game. It's like Disney said "yeah okay fine you can use him, but keep our names out ya mouths!".

On 05/10/2021 at 17:06, Keyblade said:

They are cloud versions of the game and probably going to cost full price. Hard pass. Guess I'll wait til I get a PS5 to play the whole series which came in one bundle on the PS4 for $40 instead of 3 separate $60 entries that you can only play on WiFi (defeats the whole purpose of a Switch).

Games that can only be played on Wifi is a ridiculous concept.

• Like 1

Very impressed with the lads oled. The screen is beautiful, everything overall feels a lot more premium than my switch from kickstand, buttons, the materials used, it’s all cleaned up a bit in terms of the body of it. I’m tempted to order a white dock as I’m a bit jealous of it 😀

Can anyone help. My grandson likes big open world racing games, Forza on the Xbox one is a favourite. Can anyone suggest a racing game that fits for the switch. Prefer it to be cars, not trucks. 

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered or Burnout Paradise Remastered would be my suggestions. Also, if he fancies something completely different either the new Hot Wheels game or the excellent Cruis’n Blast! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

So they added a few new things to switch online, you think an increase of what? £5? £10? No, try £17. £34.99 lol, what a bunch of jokers. 

They're taking the piss. I hope people vote with their wallets. Doubt it though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2021 at 17:31, Ingram85 said:

So they added a few new things to switch online, you think an increase of what? £5? £10? No, try £17. £34.99 lol, what a bunch of jokers. 

On 15/10/2021 at 20:29, Keyblade said:

They're taking the piss. I hope people vote with their wallets. Doubt it though.

I upgraded yesterday and got it for £40 for a family membership, and the old one was £31. So not too bad.

It was a discounted price though, I assume that's for a limited time

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I upgraded yesterday and got it for £40 for a family membership, and the old one was £31. So not too bad.

It was a discounted price though, I assume that's for a limited time

How's the emulation? A lot of people were complaining about input lag and some graphical issues like on Ocarina of Time for example:

Some of it like the online lag is overblown I imagine though.

Â