Nintendo Switch

Chindie

21 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Yep, I've got about 90 physical switch games on my shelf. I have a handful of digital games like FF7 & 9 but I love having something tangible to own. Most are limited produced runs of digital only titles. 

Nice, I think I'd struggle to name 30 Switch games

25 minutes ago, hogso said:

Nice, I think I'd struggle to name 30 Switch games

If you're talking exclusives then yeah I'd struggle, from the top of my head I could guess 20, 25 at a push I'd reckon. Theres probably more than you think though and if they are worth playing is a different matter 😀

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Yep, I've got about 90 physical switch games on my shelf. I have a handful of digital games like FF7 & 9 but I love having something tangible to own. Most are limited produced runs of digital only titles. 

Bloody hell. Fair play. 

I have three 😊

Completed the main story on Mario. Was very good. Not sure I have the enthusiasm to go to all the previous levels and collect the moons etc. Will give it a few days. Zelda next for me I think.

26 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Completed the main story on Mario. Was very good. Not sure I have the enthusiasm to go to all the previous levels and collect the moons etc. Will give it a few days. Zelda next for me I think.

The dark side of the moon and the darker side of the moon will unlock once you finish the main story. Some of the challenges on there are incredibly difficult.

I think there's value in going back and collecting all of the moons from the previous levels. But once you start unlocking the extra ones (those big metal blocks you've seen on each level unlock a load more moons) it all gets a bit silly.

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The dark side of the moon and the darker side of the moon will unlock once you finish the main story. Some of the challenges on there are incredibly difficult.

I think there's value in going back and collecting all of the moons from the previous levels. But once you start unlocking the extra ones (those big metal blocks you've seen on each level unlock a load more moons) it all gets a bit silly.

Yeah that is insanely hard. Only for those with tolerance! 

On 22/06/2019 at 11:47, Ingram85 said:

If you're talking exclusives then yeah I'd struggle, from the top of my head I could guess 20, 25 at a push I'd reckon. Theres probably more than you think though and if they are worth playing is a different matter 😀

Have you got steamworld dig?

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah that is insanely hard. Only for those with tolerance! 

I managed The Dark Side of the Moon, apart from all the extra picture clues you get. I'll probably have to google them eventually as they seem very obscure. So far I've managed to not google anything. But the Darker side is very very tough.

I stopped there and started to go back and do all the extra moons it had unlocked in the first levels. But they're really easy and just feel like filler to get up to 999 moons so I got a bit bored.

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I managed The Dark Side of the Moon, apart from all the extra picture clues you get. I'll probably have to google them eventually as they seem very obscure. So far I've managed to not google anything. But the Darker side is very very tough.

I stopped there and started to go back and do all the extra moons it had unlocked in the first levels. But they're really easy and just feel like filler to get up to 999 moons so I got a bit bored.

Yeah they really should have made a better incentive for getting 999 moons

Like unlocking a new mode 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah they really should have made a better incentive for getting 999 moons

Like unlocking a new mode 

I think they should have just made it less moons and taken out the stupidly easy ones that they add in afterwards.

It's just falsely extending the play time by adding 20 moons a level that all show up on your map and don't require anything to find. you just walk up and collect them. Pointless.

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think they should have just made it less moons and taken out the stupidly easy ones that they add in afterwards.

It's just falsely extending the play time by adding 20 moons a level that all show up on your map and don't require anything to find. you just walk up and collect them. Pointless.

Yeah those ones i agree with you might just be walking and then you find one. Also the ones in the shop on each level as well pointless.

Great game but alot of needless stuff on that game 

• 2 weeks later...

Switch Lite announced for $199 smaller screen, no rumble and non detachable joycon and no TV out.

Will sell bucket loads but will fracture some of the games you can play on it.

Not sure what to make of it tbh. It's not aimed at me, its aimed at both the ds/3ds crowd and parents looking for a 'kids first Nintendo' type purchase.

It does look appealing but practically it falls apart once you look at what's been taken out. Oh and why call it a switch if it doesn't erm, switch?.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2019 at 00:20, Ingram85 said:

Closing in on 100 physical games. Best system I've ever owned and still more to come once some old remastered finally arrive and they give us snes/n64 stuff hopefully. Overtook the game cube as my favourite console now. Only thing that needs fixing is the reliability of the joycons. 

Ditto :) 

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Not sure what to make of it tbh. It's not aimed at me, its aimed at both the ds/3ds crowd and parents looking for a 'kids first Nintendo' type purchase.

It does look appealing but practically it falls apart once you look at what's been taken out. Oh and why call it a switch if it doesn't erm, switch?.

It's where Nintendo painted themselves into a corner. This isn't a Switch, but it has to be called a Switch because the marketing needed for a new SKU with a new name wouldn't be worth it.

With a new name they will then have to spend a lot of time advertising that it still plays Switch games and is a Switch, but isn't called a Switch because it doesn't switch. It's easier to call it Switch Lite and state that the "Lite" sub-branding denotes the removal of switching. 

12 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

its probably aimed at people like me, those sat on the fence waiting for a price drop, will get a fair few biters, not sure i'll be one of them tbh if they had gone the other way and released a home console that cant switch then I think I would be in

looks like a PSP, will be interesting to see if it kills off their own DS market and if that was the long term thinking of Nintendo anyway, a home console and a handheld that plays the exact same games, makes a lot of sense even if it is compromising elsewhere 

17 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Nintendo took the 3D out of the 3DS and it worked. They know what they are doing.  

Â