2016 Summer Olympics, Rio de Janeiro

StanBalaban

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

And I bet they haven't even broke sweat... Class acts getting the one two.. The younger must be pissed never to beat his older brother though.

Jonny has been world champion. 

One of my favourite moments from London 2012 was the older brother shouting encouragement at his younger sibling in the latter stages of the running element. It's pretty much unique to see that.

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don't get the horse riding in the Olympics. Fair play the guy has longevity but 7 Olympics and a hip replacement and he can still win gold? 

Do the horses get medals as well? May sound like a stupid question but they're the ones who are actually doing the physical exertion!!

Also, doesn't the chance of success mainly depend on how good a horse you own? The best riders might not necessarily be medal winners because they can only afford to buy Muffin the Mule.

• Like 1

Never watch so little from an Olympics..cycling was good first weekend. Im not staying up to watch the Swedish ladies play for gold. Knowing all in the athletics are doped takes it all away. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

Do the horses get medals as well? May sound like a stupid question but they're the ones who are actually doing the physical exertion!!

Also, doesn't the chance of success mainly depend on how good a horse you own? The best riders might not necessarily be medal winners because they can only afford to buy Muffin the Mule.

dunno, I'm not sure at this level if the rider will own the horse, the owners / trainers will no doubt have the financial rewards of breeding

it mainly depends on the relationship you have with that horse,mthe horse won't do anything it doesn't want to

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Good hockey final, GB getting absolutely schooled, keeper pulling off worldies, GB had 2 attacks scored 2 goals...

currently 2-2

Can't see anything but a Dutch victory in the second half. 

Not a fan of hockey even though some of the women are really cute. Just turned on and caught the shootout. Congrats Britain, but didn't get why they were all turning their back on the keeper, where's the little bit of skill to take the keeper on or dink it over them when committed? 

Â