Pokémon GO

hogso

I've no desire to do the gym thing. Don't really see the point. If I'm passing one that is easily attainable or is already yellow so I can add to it then I'll give it a go. But I've no motivation to go out looking for gyms.

The game does work properly if you consider the sheer volumes playing at once.

There are games out there that have server issues with 200k logging in at once. 50 million people have likely downloaded this game now considering 25 million downloaded it in the US alone. So the fact it even runs in the state it is now is a sheer miracle..

I suspect there are a lot of people in a room trying to figure out how likely they are to keep more than a fraction of the current playerbase before signing off on significant investment.

In a couple of weeks, I imagine it'll sort itself out without much intervention, there's no longevity to the game other than "catching them all", for no real reason.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Utter crap. Saw one pokemon in 2 days. Tells me there are tons of pokemon 3 steps away, never seen a two stepper and then they just vanish and are replaced with other pokemon...three steps away. Utter waste of time.

The distance feature has been broken for a few days now. For me everything is 300 metres away (3 of the symbols, whatever they are, feet?), and that's despite being right in the proximity of one of the Pokemon in the nearby list. 

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I suspect there are a lot of people in a room trying to figure out how likely they are to keep more than a fraction of the current playerbase before signing off on significant investment.

In a couple of weeks, I imagine it'll sort itself out without much intervention, there's no longevity to the game other than "catching them all", for no real reason.

I'm surprised they've rushed it out to be honest.  They're going to get a slew of crap 1 star user reviews, and lots of people will be put off for good.  It's a shame, because it's a genuinely novel concept.

There's just so much that doesn't work, even at the best of times.  Today, I have had intermittently:

Shop not loading

During gym battles, getting an opponent down to zero life, and having them not die

Either the incense or the lucky eggs not working when required

Crashing when capturing a pokemon

Potions being severely hit and miss as to whether they'll work or not.

Distance travelled not recorded for hatching eggs

• Like 1

First time in a week I haven't played it today, and will likely remain the same way until they fix some of the issues plaguing it. It's nothing more than an exercise in frustration right now for me, and I'm not wasting my time with that.

had NINE pidgeys on my radar today, god it really is starting to get lame now. Not enough rare pokemon and I have been to various different places. the feet on the radar not being fixed for me is killing the game as well. 

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Just went on a 5km walk, didn't see a single Pokemon appear and hatched a 10k egg for a 167cp Eevee.

I haven't been this disappointed since getting 99 on flappybird

yes but how many eevee candies did the eevee come with. mine came with enough to evolve it straight away.

Although i do feel your pain my other 10km hatch was a god damn Jynx, which i have had 10 or so of already and it doesnt evolve. GRrrrrr

• Like 1

I like the fact there aren't loads of rare pokemon about.  that's the whole point, surely?

I nearly caught a starmie at edgbaston yesterday, but it froze :(  My house and surrounding area is completely dead too, absolutely nothing within 1 mile of me.

37 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I like the fact there aren't loads of rare pokemon about.  that's the whole point, surely?

I nearly caught a starmie at edgbaston yesterday, but it froze :(  My house and surrounding area is completely dead too, absolutely nothing within 1 mile of me.

But then how much fun is seeing 5 pidgeys and 3 zubats? Its all about balance and this game doenst have much of it. Since the feet option hasnt be resolved its made the game worse. I am walking half a mile up the road it looks like heading right direction then suddenly disappears!

Â