80s Party!

dAVe80

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Anyone else think Thompson Twins are an underrated 80's band? 

You rarely hear them on the radio, see them mentioned on nostalgia TV shows, almost like they never existed,  but I think they were better than lot of bands you hear played from time to time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Which version? The origianal 7(?) piece band were great live, lots of audience participation with dustbin lids and wheel caps being banged, then they had a hit with In The Name of Love binned 4 of the band and turned into 3 piece shite pop act

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

You rarely hear them on the radio, see them mentioned on nostalgia TV shows, almost like they never existed,  but I think they were better than lot of bands you hear played from time to time. 

There are quite a few bands from that era who I really liked ..but the music doesn't seem to have aged well ..Thompson twins being one of them   .. Just had a play of "you take me up"  though for nostalgia  , but I'm not scrambling to download their greatest hits album , which kinda says it all

2 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Clicked on this thread to see if had posted in it, and what I may have posted, and it turns out I started it. 🤷‍♂️ 

Well if you appreciate the 80's, you will probably be getting to that age where forgetfulness creeps in 😂

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Clicked on this thread to see if had posted in it, and what I may have posted, and it turns out I started it. 🤷‍♂️ 

If I'd have suggested an 80's party with Culture Club , I'd also be doing my best to forget it :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Culture Club are part of one of my ealiest memories, listening to Karma Chameleon at my Nan and Grandad's on BRMB. Which I guess also indicates my vintage. 

Seeing Pet Shop Boys on TOTP for me. 

At my home, not at your Nan and Grandad's! 

• Haha 1

“I’d spend hours in HMVs, Virgin Megastores and second-hand record shops staffed by greasy-haired 40-year-olds dressed as 20-year-olds, listening to contemporary music of every genre – Britrock, heavy maiden, gang rap, brakebeat. And I came to a startling but unshakeable conclusion: no genuinely good music has been created since 1988.” - Alan Partridge. 

• Haha 2

Â