80s Party!

dAVe80

31 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am a fan if James, without realising I am a fan. Seen them and own albums which I love but they tend not to raise a thought with me if anyone mentions them. 
That said. 

As a casual James fan, I've never heard that before and it's wonderful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I am a fan if James, without realising I am a fan. Seen them and own albums which I love but they tend not to raise a thought with me if anyone mentions them. 
That said. 

59 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

As a casual James fan, I've never heard that before and it's wonderful.

Often given an outing at their live shows , they tend to shake things up each time rather than just playing the hits   , so you always get some great album tracks and B sides at a gig

I saw them at a festival in Margate one year , with Space, The Farm ,Cast, Inspiral Carpets & Echo and the Bunnymen  (yes @bickster James were the headliners , get over it :P  ) ... was completely hammered but during the gig Tim Booth is right down the front in the crowd and  whilst I'm helping support him staying upright on the barrier  , my mate has mobile phone footage where I can clearly  be heard singing down his microphone :)  .Booth is also unable to contain his laughter , its that bad  ... I also woke pretty much an entire camp site up sometime in the early morning  , as I'd forgotten to blow up my airbed and couldn't find my sleeping bag so went and slept in my car for some warmth  , only to set the alarm off and not be able to find the keys to turn it off

Happy days , can't wait for the days when I have the opportunity to wake so many people up again :)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Space, The Farm ,Cast, Inspiral Carpets & Echo and the Bunnymen  (yes @bickster James were the headliners , get over it :P  ) ..

Bizarre,. I suspect the promoter was a vegan. Anyway, it just goes to prove the south has no culture when you have to import it all from the North West

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bizarre,. I suspect the promoter was a vegan. Anyway, it just goes to prove the south has no culture when you have to import it all from the North West

True dat.

Struggling to think of any UK bands I listen to much who came from further south than the Midlands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Risso said:

True dat.

Struggling to think of any UK bands I listen to much who came from further south than the Midlands.

I've not seen your entire music collection , but  I'd have thought you'd like some of these 80's (ish bands ) , in keeping with the thread name

The Cure , Suede , Depeche Mode  ,The Clash  ,The Jam .... ,I'll include Blur & Radiohead though I'm not a fan of either particularly

I'm sure there are more  ....

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I had completely forgotten about that horror

Going to have to lie down in a dark silent room now

Thanks

5th biggest selling single that year  behind Rick Astley at Number 1 , Starship at 2 , T'Pau at 3 and Whitney at 4

I'm beginning to think @Seat68 and @mjmooney could have a point :)

• Haha 1

Â