Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

I can forgive him after Sunday because we played well but this was really poor. It's his players so the buck stops with him. He had full financial backing so nobody to blame. I would give him 5-10 more games to see significant improvement and it this same shit continues he has to go. 

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have been really supportive of him so far but tonight he got it badly wrong for me. After we scored in the first half we were in the main poor and I felt half time came at a good time for us and RDM could sort it out. Right from the kick off in the second half though we sat way too deep with Kodija and Amavi starting position in our own half and then inevitably spending way too much time tracking back and not pushing Brentfords full backs back. We were inviting pressure. In the end a draw was the most we deserved and Brentford fancied the win more than us.

Despite overall performances deserving more than 7 points the bottom line is that is what we have and it isn't good enough. Week after week we are failing to see out games and the manager for me is responsible for that. He has to get the team to play further up the pitch for the whole game and stop sitting so deep and inviting teams onto us.

I am not saying it is the right thing to do but if we don't get a win in the next three games, then much like Sherwood, I see Di Matteo getting sacked 10 games into the season. Xia doesn't strike me as a patient man.

Mark, I hear what you say and i wasn't there, so I am not at liberty to say too much.

If you cast your mind back to the game between Blues and Arsenal in the cup final, there was no talk about sitting too deep or otherwise....Blues just grafted their ***** off and made a complete nuisance of them selves, get a foot in on everything to a point it just put arsenal off their game......We are a million miles off that mentality.

We conversely in a cup final with them, stood off and got buried.

We have to change our approach to a game.

Changing managers all the time is a joke. Calling for his head is crazy, reactionary stuff. He needs time, as long as we dont go down, give him time. At least we are not losing, we can build on this, familiarity will bring a pattern and wins will follow.

I fear a few more lows before we kick on but by the end of October we should be moving forward. Lets hope RdL is ok.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Same old broken record "frustrated" Di Matteo post match interview 

Looks as wooden and as lame as Lambert was during his tenure i thought we moved past this when the Dr took charge

if he starts saying we go again then he has lost it

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I think he will be gone after the Newcastle game

Can see us getting spanked good and proper in that game

I don't think we'll get spanked. What I reckon will happen is we'll play well, go 1-0 up and then concede two late goals in the last 5 minutes of the game.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I don't think we'll get spanked. What I reckon will happen is we'll play well, go 1-0 up and then concede two late goals in the last 5 minutes of the game.

a 94th minute Ciaran Clark 40 yard drive that goes through Gollini

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Changing managers all the time is a joke. Calling for his head is crazy, reactionary stuff. He needs time, as long as we dont go down, give him time. At least we are not losing, we can build on this, familiarity will bring a pattern and wins will follow.

I fear a few more lows before we kick on but by the end of October we should be moving forward. Lets hope RdL is ok.

We're already pretty low as it is, anymore is unacceptable. Whilst I understand what you're saying, that we need continuity given last seasons disaster and all the changes on and off the pitch, but given the cash that's been spent, play-offs is a minimum and we shouldn't settle for anything less, we've bought some big players in and we should be doing better. We need someone that's going to toughen us up as the same problems are rearing their head, being out battled, not killing off games etc.

Edited by CastleBromVilla

His tactics were diabolical. He just wanted a win anyway possible. I dont like his lack of patience. It seems the way Lambert started.. all out attack.. realised we conceded too many and got more and more defensive as he got on. 

I dont mind conceding late if we play like we did against Nottingham.. as most games we would have scored enough to win the games.. but to sit back on a 1-0 lead at home to Brentford was disappointing. Its a new team.. new coaching staff yet we have same old issues. I dont think RDM has managed to change the mindset and it is starting to affect the new players now too. Doubt he can improve it from here.... Im not a fan of sacking him so soon but geez.... he is making it harder and harder each game. I like him so i hope he turns it around but his tactics have cost us the last two games. 

If he did go.. who do you bring in? This is the problem.  

10 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I am not sure the players will withstand a few more lows and then be capable of bouncing back and drastically improving our form. These late goals already seem to be knocking the bollocks out of them confidence wise and come the last 10 minutes of the game tonight pretty much to a man they were playing like the ball was a ticking bomb.

It is not just about the players though it is about the crowd especially at home and tonight patience snapped a little and there was a negative reaction. These results carry on and that will only get worse.

Di Matteo has to put this right and stop us sitting so deep. We are more than capable of scoring every game but we can't keep them out and that isn't down to poor defenders/goalkeeper that is down to the way we play when leading which simply invites pressure and leads to mistakes. We need to stay on the front foot until the final whistle, retain possession and push teams back by playing further up the pitch.

The owner will be asking questions.

if the answers relate to time and are feasible,he will carry on......If the answers are nebulous and woolly, he will be gone at this rate.

I don't think this guy will suffer fools gladly.....and by god we have had our unfair share of them.

Â