Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Probably a 3 man midfield (Jedi, Westwood, Gardner) with Ayew and Grealish in front of them and McScore up top. The old Xmas tree formation.

I reckon he'll push Bacuna to RM and Ayew up top

• Like 2

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

I reckon he'll push Bacuna to RM and Ayew up top

I think that's what I'd do. I like the formation we currently play. Just need to tell ayew to play on the shoulder of the last defender and let McCormack drop deep. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2016 at 23:39, Keener window-cleaner said:

Before the appointment of RDM I wanted us to get Pearson instead, but then during the Derby game when saw the both of them in the dugouts it struck me that I was glad that Dr Tony went to Rome in a Ford Mondeo and brought us back RDM, and not Pearson.

It seems as if RDM does everything right at the moment. Hats off to Dr Tony as well as I got the impression that RDM was his personal choice.

I think it is really important, that the relationship between owner and manager is as good as it can be and I think it is......I am also pleased that from our point of view, so far, it looks a good choice too.

4 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Probably a 3 man midfield (Jedi, Westwood, Gardner) with Ayew and Grealish in front of them and McScore up top. The old Xmas tree formation.

Wouldn't mind that either. Although I'm not sure McCormack suits that role. Remember reading from a Fulham fan that he's definitely not a lone striker. 

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

sold clark and gueye for 12m

spent 12m mccormack, 5m tish, 8m chester, 2.5m de laet, elphick 3m, gollini 3m, jedinak 4m

I have it as we have spent 25.5m so yes. But remember we spent nothing in janaury so between both those windows 12.5 each one which really isnt that much. 

Missing Scott Sinclair in the sold section.

Well you probably don't miss Scott Sinclair, but you know what I mean ;)

Edited by Shropshire Lad

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think it is really important, that the relationship between owner and manager is as good as it can be and I think it is......I am also pleased that from our point of view, so far, it looks a good choice too.

Not impressed with Moyes' work / words  at Sunderland - I think we dodged one there too

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm sure i read somewhere that RM said he didn't like being the lone front striker...Think he operates better as a striker behind a front line player...similar to a Rooney under SAF...might be wrong though

51 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Straight off on the De laet signing "It wasn't a position that was covered by 2 players" 

eat that Hutton and Richards :wave: 

Unless he sees bacuna as a midfielder and Richards as a CB in which case -_-

• Like 1

I'd start McCormack and Ayew up top together, see what they can do!!

Personally i'd go with this. Amavi if he's actually fit. 

------------------Gollini-------------

RDL------Elphick------Chester-------Cissokho

Bacuna---Westwood---Jedinak----Grealish

-------------Ayew-----McCormack

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

I'd start McCormack and Ayew up top together, see what they can do!!

Personally i'd go with this. Amavi if he's actually fit. 

------------------Gollini-------------

RDL------Elphick------Chester-------Cissokho

Bacuna---Westwood---Jedinak----Grealish

-------------Ayew-----McCormack

With Jedinak in there, I'd give this a go. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

sold clark and gueye for 12m

spent 12m mccormack, 5m tish, 8m chester, 2.5m de laet, elphick 3m, gollini 3m, jedinak 4m

I have it as we have spent 25.5m so yes. But remember we spent nothing in janaury so between both those windows 12.5 each one which really isnt that much. 

We can look at this whatever way we want... but haven't we broken Championship records for most expensive goalkeeper, defender and striker this window?  There's expectation with that kind of spend - and probably rightly so.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We can look at this whatever way we want... but haven't we broken Championship records for most expensive goalkeeper, defender and striker this window?  There's expectation with that kind of spend - and probably rightly so.

Agreed. We should have expectations, Dr X wants promotion for this club. The pressure should be on RDM to deliver. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Agreed. We should have expectations, Dr X wants promotion for this club. The pressure should be on RDM to deliver. 

Bang on.  I wouldn't be too concerned about finishing, say, 4th and losing in the playoffs necessarily - but outside the playoffs has to be a no-no.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bang on.  I wouldn't be too concerned about finishing, say, 4th and losing in the playoffs necessarily - but outside the playoffs has to be a no-no.

Yep. If we finished outside the playoffs then we'd need to evaluate and see if RDM showed signs he could achieve more next year. 

It sounds like we're putting things in place so there isn't massive disruption if the manager leaves. We can't afford to be sympathetic to RDM and accept mediocrity while outspending the vast majority of the league. 

Â