Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I might have missed this, but where are these new extra seats going in the stadium bowl that is mentioned on the season ticket announcement today

We don't know yet.   None of the details of the reconfigured Villa Park have been released - I am hoping they'll update the website with the detail soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/05/2024 at 11:44, Villa_Vids said:

6d4f2490-2169-11ee-aa4e-e74f1a369e87.jpg

6d46e730-2169-11ee-a66f-bf7d51d39c94.jpg

I really like this idea, doing something with the old tram depot, Aston Hotel and other buildings in the area would look great.

Keeps the history and architecture and probably costs too. If they can find a way to integrate Aston Hall and Gardens as part of the experience too. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Chr1s said:

I really like this idea, doing something with the old tram depot, Aston Hotel and other buildings in the area would look great.

Some trams would be nice :mrgreen:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, andycv said:

Running the trams to Villa Park would make an awful lot of sense.

Only for match days. The line would need to run to somewhere further out to be viable / practicable, which should open up park and ride solutions.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, limpid said:

Only for match days. The line would need to run to somewhere further out to be viable / practicable, which should open up park and ride solutions.

Yes - Villa Park should be a stop on a line - I was agreeing though that trams offer a really nice, neat solution to providing additional capacity.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Trams to Star City via Lichfield Rd is so obvious it physically hurts me. 

New Mayor seems to be a bus man though, not a tram man. So forget any further extensions in probably my lifetime now. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Trams to Star City via Lichfield Rd is so obvious it physically hurts me. 

New Mayor seems to be a bus man though, not a tram man. So forget any further extensions in probably my lifetime now. 

How much longer is the lease on Star City though?

20 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

image.jpeg.2d54398f226d38a59f178c21a61d2c5b.jpeg

It seems like work has started on seating. Seats being removed from the north stand.

Where are the seats being removed?  Is it the top right corner?  Or that middle section below the A?

44 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I wonder what increase in capacity we will get… I guess it’ll be a fair few otherwise it isn’t worth all the work. 

It could be 2 extra seats if those 900 become GA+.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Rail seating is the same ratio to seqting isn't it? Not like the old days?

Yes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, limpid said:

In fairness, if you ever pass through Aston on a non-matchday, it's a really busy area, traffic is difficult even on non-mathcdays and there's a big take up on public transport - Trams would be a welcome addition in general which would make the lives of residents a little bit easier.

• Like 2

In terms of seating in the bowl, I have no idea - I think if it was good news for the average fan, they'd have already told us. As it is, I think we're getting an uplift of around a thousand places and I think all of them will be in hospitality.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, limpid said:

It could be 2 extra seats if those 900 become GA+.

True, could be a big price increase over quantity I suppose. 

Either way I suppose it’ll have to make economic sense. I don’t like the system which has made clubs gouge every penny of profit from fans, but i understand why we have to do it. 

Edited by alreadyexists

Wonder if they'll put those seats up for sale for fans to buy or if they'll re-use them someplace else.

Â