Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Nah. It's a "Welcome to Villa Park" 

Needs to be more intimidating, like a Lion biting the head off a footballer, loads of blood. That's what we need. 

Why not a couple of hungry lions in the tunnel on the same side of the tunnel as the opposition players line up.  A few timely growls should pit the ****s up a few players. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

With unchecked Russian money before FFP was a thing, developing a monetised global fanbase using that unchecked money. 

And with London money we'd probably need at 52,000 stadium to get even close to their income from 40,000 seats. 

Sure, but how much revenue are we talking here, given the outlay and the 2 seasons without a stand? How long does it take to pay for itself?

There's a reason the big US sports teams hold their cities to ransom and threaten to move if the city doesn't contribute to stadium work. It's basically never a great financial move to build a stadium. They're almost always built with public money playing a big part.

We'll eventually have to rebuild the stand but the financial realities will always exist.

It's easy for me to say when i'm 16000km away and don't have to deal with the stand I guess.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

At the 76'ers they have a high five tunnel - where you get to high five the players as they run out onto the court.

They charge $6,000 a game for it.

Man City and Spurs have their tunnel clubs, both sell for four digit prices on a game by game basis.

It's really simple, if Heck doesn't like a thing it's because it doesn't make money.

What’s the tunnel club? Is this something we are looking at as well for a match day experience? 

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

£11,450 per person per season.

If Brighton can sell tickets at that price and there’s no doubt we would be able to given our history compared to theirs.

I was surprised when the first set of plans came out for the New North Stand that a tunnel club wasn’t part of them but when revised when Villa Live was dropped to include a tunnel club hospitality option. It would interest me in a few years for sure if we do develop one. 

Edited by thabucks

Apologies for posting here and if there is better thread for my post, then I’m happy for it to be moved etc. 

I’m going with my son to Villa Park this Friday for a stadium tour. Never done one before and very much looking forward to it.

Was wondering whether you get much insight into the future redevelopment side of things? Anyone been on the tour recently? Hoping to find out some bits off the tour guide that perhaps isn’t in the public domain?

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Apologies for posting here and if there is better thread for my post, then I’m happy for it to be moved etc. 

I’m going with my son to Villa Park this Friday for a stadium tour. Never done one before and very much looking forward to it.

Was wondering whether you get much insight into the future redevelopment side of things? Anyone been on the tour recently? Hoping to find out some bits off the tour guide that perhaps isn’t in the public domain?

I went last December, the rest of the group was stuck in traffic so it was just me and the guide, she said we would be building the new stand behind the old one which has never been on the table as far as I'm aware.  I don't think they're told much tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, FLVillan said:

100% on this one.  Before the Holte was demolished post-Taylor report, the official capacity was 48,000.  And I would bet my house on that figure being exceeded many times, especially during the period from 1978-1983 when the Holte was stuffed full and they always announced the attendance as 47, 9** or 47, 8**.  They were clearly fudging those attendance figures (as did all clubs in that time period).  Infrastructure and roads around the ground were far worse in those days.  

47,998 against the Albion😂 nigh on 55/60k more like 

• Like 3

But to counter, there are a lot more cars on the road now 

Hi Sid

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Always wondered if the new Trinity Road Stand Roof could incorporate a modern take of the old trinity road roof … 

IMG_9282.jpeg

IMG_9284.jpeg

They could have done it.  But Ellis was the Chairman.  It's a bit of a shame that social media wasn't around when the scandalous decision was made to demolish that stand with no attempt made to preserve that roof mosaic or the one on the back of the stand.  

Honestly though, I have mixed feelings, as that mosaic is the entire reason why we have such a crap badge now.  Lerner decided that yellow on light blue was a nod to our history while not realizing that the Trinity Mosaic was a one-off, a unique piece of artwork that had never been used as the official club badge on any of our kits.  

• Like 4

I attended games during the rebuild of the Trinity in 2000-2001 which is why I find Heck, and younger fans, talking about what a shame it would be to have part of the ground as a building site so hard to reconcile with my memory of that era. There is no use kicking the can down the road on this.

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

When delaying / shelving  the new north stand did any mention get made to the halfway line trinity road stand longue still going ahead ?  

IMG_9279.jpeg

I was wondering about this.

I found an old birmingham mail article yesterday where season ticket holders were understandably upset about being chucked out of their seats for this.

Have we stalled on the north stand because of FFP? Just reading up on Evertons latest FFP woes 

, alongside losses incurred from the stadium build at Bramley Moore Dock, mean that the club have fallen foul of Premier League rules again,

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-news-live-ffp-28445538

Would make sense if that is the case and we have to operate within FFP.

I seem to recall stadium renovations but being part of FFP but I'm confused now

Â